DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.3] [MP-B7.3]

Postby Yholl » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:19 am

oh no not durla

beware for it contains the number 3, the most charismatic of squiggles

changelog and download in the main post, as always!
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:49 am

Yholl wrote:- Buffed Minigun accuracy.

Spoiler:

thanks you!
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby fakemai » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks for fixing that performance bug it's working a treat now. Gonna take it for a play in Maps of Chaos now with the usual Yholly Trinity.
fakemai

Postby karry299 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:46 am

Do we still need DoomRL HUD mod ? Because everyone says you need that, and there is no link to it, AND the screenshots show a very different HUD from what's in the mod.

Actually, i've been playing this latest release, and i do have a couple of gripes.
One, i do like the manual reloading option for shotguns, so i keep pressing R to reload fully...unfortunately, in the latest release there is the option to turn on autoreload, and i wouldnt normally use it, but...autoreload is about twice as fast as when i manually hold down the R key. For combat shotgun, for instance. Literally twice as fast, so even if i like the manual reloading - if there's that much of a difference it seems silly not to use autoreload all the time.

And two, i've played about 10 or so maps with the latest release and i havent seen a single modpack. At all. Except the one Technician starts with and can make. In the previous release i've found i'd say about 2 modpack per 3 levels when playing a Doom1 episode. With the latest release there are 0 modpacks. Is it just my bad luck or was something radically changed ?
karry299

Postby DarkTalon25 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:12 am

karry299 wrote:Do we still need DoomRL HUD mod ? Because everyone says you need that, and there is no link to it, AND the screenshots show a very different HUD from what's in the mod.

Actually, i've been playing this latest release, and i do have a couple of gripes.
One, i do like the manual reloading option for shotguns, so i keep pressing R to reload fully...unfortunately, in the latest release there is the option to turn on autoreload, and i wouldnt normally use it, but...autoreload is about twice as fast as when i manually hold down the R key. For combat shotgun, for instance. Literally twice as fast, so even if i like the manual reloading - if there's that much of a difference it seems silly not to use autoreload all the time.

And two, i've played about 10 or so maps with the latest release and i havent seen a single modpack. At all. Except the one Technician starts with and can make. In the previous release i've found i'd say about 2 modpack per 3 levels when playing a Doom1 episode. With the latest release there are 0 modpacks. Is it just my bad luck or was something radically changed ?

I think when the main mod updated to 1.1, the HUD mod got merged into it. As with your modpack issues, I think you're just unlucky. Last playthrough I did, I got 2 Nanos and a Firestorm, and a Unique to use them on.
Last edited by DarkTalon25 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkTalon25

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby fakemai » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:04 am

Confirming manual reloading is busted at the moment, the special messages also seem to be not working no matter the setting of the option.
fakemai

Postby GeneralDelphox » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:29 am

-WSTE-M5 Shotgun is now affected by Sharpshooter.

Tried it out myself, and by god it just melts demons. I'm getting 720 damage in total when all pellets hit, and this is just without mods!
GeneralDelphox

Discord: General Delphox#5567
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Postby Yholl » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 am

1.1.4 hotfix update is out, sorry about all the broken reloading and messages and marties.

Seriously, the Combat Shotguns reload was the same as it's been for years, and it suddenly just... didn't work anymore. I went through it for ages and I couldn't work out how it was doing what it was doing.
In any case, replaced it with something more sensible that does the same thing, so they all should be fine now.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby karry299 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Thanks for the fix. Much obliged.

Btw, why is it that you can check the stats of all the armor in your inventory AND on your person, but for the weapons you have to switch to each weapon and do it one by one ?
karry299

Postby rimkus-sama » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:34 pm

guys i.have problem when i am trying to play doomrpg with doomrla.(i play without launcher) i cant see the aura and the health bar of the monster its only when i play with doom rla when i play with just.doomrpg everything is alright so if someone can help me and also when i kill monster credits d'oseant appear.
Last edited by rimkus-sama on Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
rimkus-sama

Postby DarkTalon25 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:24 pm

Say, what's the chance of encountering Dark Marty? I did a run where I met him in Dead Simple, before all enemies were killed, which I thought was a condition for his appearance, similar to the Artifact Guardian.
DarkTalon25

Postby Droober » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:06 pm

DarkTalon25 wrote:Say, what's the chance of encountering Dark Marty? I did a run where I met him in Dead Simple, before all enemies were killed, which I thought was a condition for his appearance, similar to the Artifact Guardian.

If you get your hands on a Unique item (Mods not included, i think?) Dark Marty has a chance to appear.

If you get your hands on a Demonic item, the guardian cyberdemon has a chance to spawn
Droober

Postby Machine-Reaper » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:38 am

Droober wrote:If you get your hands on a Unique item (Mods not included, i think?) Dark Marty has a chance to appear.

If you get your hands on a Demonic item, the guardian cyberdemon has a chance to spawn

he will also appear after assembling or finding a Master Assembly weapon.
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby DarkTalon25 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:33 am

Droober wrote:
DarkTalon25 wrote:Say, what's the chance of encountering Dark Marty? I did a run where I met him in Dead Simple, before all enemies were killed, which I thought was a condition for his appearance, similar to the Artifact Guardian.

If you get your hands on a Unique item (Mods not included, i think?) Dark Marty has a chance to appear.

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Droober wrote:If you get your hands on a Unique item (Mods not included, i think?) Dark Marty has a chance to appear.

he will also appear after assembling or finding a Master Assembly weapon.

I knew the Guardian Conditions, and figured there was a relation between Uniques/Master Assemblies and Marty's appearance, given the mod's Danger Level component. I was enquiring about the actual chances.
DarkTalon25

Postby Droober » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:02 am

I knew the Guardian Conditions, and figured there was a relation between Uniques/Master Assemblies and Marty's appearance, given the mod's Danger Level component. I was enquiring about the actual chances.

The guardian cybie is a 100% & Dark marty is a 50/50

Just a guess.
Droober

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods