DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby worldendDominator » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:37 am

Yholl wrote:No.
Anonymous functions do not exist in the targeted GZDoom version.

Ah, I see.
Why do you target a specific version?
worldendDominator

Postby Joey Diamond » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:24 am

Hello. I am playing Doom RLA religiously for a long while now and I had to register in just to say thank you. :D

Also, I am now writing various missing info in Doom RLA RPG wiki and there's a few things I want to ask:

What does Protection stat in armors protects against and how it interact with resistances?
Can explosive damage be resist or reduce?
Where can I find numerical value of damage, delay, projectile speed, firing speed and such? I can extract pk3 files and read some of the txt file but I'm no coder and I don't know where to look.

Thanks again and sorry for my bad English. ^_^'
Joey Diamond

Postby worldendDominator » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 am

Joey Diamond wrote:What does Protection stat in armors protects against and how it interact with resistances?
Can explosive damage be resist or reduce?
Where can I find numerical value of damage, delay, projectile speed, firing speed and such? I can extract pk3 files and read some of the txt file but I'm no coder and I don't know where to look.

Armor protection means how much of incoming damage will be deduced from armor before hitting your health. So for example, with 40% protection a hit with 50 damage will remove 20 points of your armor and deal 30 damage to you. The armor's resistances are then applied to that remaining part (30 in this example), but not to armor damage (20 points).
I think explosion damage has damage types just like direct damage, so it should be resistable as well. Although I'm not completely sure.
There's no easy way to get weapon stats - you have to read through the weapon's Decorate states, and in DRLA they can be extremely complex.
worldendDominator

Postby NickDoom » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:54 pm

wildweasel wrote:Only one assembly per weapon, you can't assemble on top of an assembly because that's not how it worked in DRL itself. But also, the Thompson is a Superior, so it can only take two modpacks in total anyway.

According to my greedy, perverted logic and my hunger for imba weapons Drum Thompson can be an exception: it's neither modded weapon nor assembly, but a new Superior which can be modded again (because the weapon itself does not change. Drum changes). Like
Spoiler:
, exceptions must however remain secret.

I love secret exceptions :)
NickDoom

Postby Joey Diamond » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:09 am

worldendDominator wrote:Armor protection means how much of incoming damage will be deduced from armor before hitting your health. So for example, with 40% protection a hit with 50 damage will remove 20 points of your armor and deal 30 damage to you. The armor's resistances are then applied to that remaining part (30 in this example), but not to armor damage (20 points).
I think explosion damage has damage types just like direct damage, so it should be resistable as well. Although I'm not completely sure.
There's no easy way to get weapon stats - you have to read through the weapon's Decorate states, and in DRLA they can be extremely complex.

Thank you very much!

Also I forgot, what about the boots? Do they only protects against damaging floors or their stats also added to overall protection?
Yeah, I asked about explosive damage because there are only four types of resistance and no explosive in it so I'm not sure about the info I added in the wiki too.
The only value I can confirm in the txt file was the number of projectiles per shot. But the rest makes my head hurts. But thanks anyway.

And another curious thing. Is there a reason why there are Assemblies class armor but we can't actually assemble them like we do with weapons? Or there IS a way but I'm too dumb. Was it something to do with the tri-colored armor pack thing? The one modpack lookalike where it ask you to press button to change color. as I don't understand how to use it at all.
Joey Diamond

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:36 am

drum thompson sounds like a pretty sweet assembly: the main issue with it is the small magazine size, but increasing the size of it would make it much more useful, and not have the rcp-90 always be the most clear-cut, best superior automatic weapon. will it also reload faster because of the technical mod?
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
Lives To Serve

Postby Machine-Reaper » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 am

Judge of the Dead unmodded projectiles ignore monster height and explode at any angle at which a monster is present,

I threw away this weapon when it exploded on me over 14 times while trying to hit something from the edge to only realize later on when playing with Demo that the projectiles completely ignore how high a monster is and just explode if there is one above or below you.

also its ammo consumption versus damage output is awful (18 shots for 150 shells? no thank you, Clusterbomb beats its over any manner)

also Jackhammer's explosive projectiles literally explode enemies like a small rocket but Steel beast explosive shots sets fire to monsters, is this intentional?
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby Take One » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:22 am

Joey Diamond wrote:Also I forgot, what about the boots? Do they only protects against damaging floors or their stats also added to overall protection?
Yeah, I asked about explosive damage because there are only four types of resistance and no explosive in it so I'm not sure about the info I added in the wiki too.

Generally, boots only protect against damaging floors, yep, although there are some that belong to armour sets and have extra perks if you use them with the rest of the set that it belongs to. I can think of at least one of those that alters your damage resistances, unless that's changed since I last found it or I'm remembering wrong because it's been a couple of years.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no armour that directly alters your explosive resistance because it'd make the Demolitionist less useful - he's naturally immune to splash damage, so having armour that also does that would make his own ability less effective and unique by comparison.
Take One

Postby Machine-Reaper » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 am

Take One wrote:To the best of my knowledge, there's no armour that directly alters your explosive resistance because it'd make the Demolitionist less useful - he's naturally immune to splash damage, so having armour that also does that would make his own ability less effective and unique by comparison.

Malek's Armour makes you immune to fire damage plus any AOE effect from fire, Demoman's Perk protects him from ALL sorts of AOE but not a rocket to the face, he will still take damage from that,

but Malek's armour will completely protect you from both the rocket and its AOE (funny thing tho, Demoman is safe from Barrel toxic/fire despite its not AOE)
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!

Postby fakemai » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:12 pm

I think there's another armor type with AoE immunity (Technical?) but they don't diminish FireAngel since you have to actually find the armor in the first place, and it's amazing to have since it protects against some of the deadliest damage in the game, and also the most annoying in the case of the barrels. Having it as an intrinsic leaves him free to use something else, and his other perk makes for major DPS on BFGs and good support out of things like the Plasma Shotgun.
fakemai

Postby Funky Gnoll » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:31 pm

the Tactical armor and boots form a set that gives splash damage immunity as a bonus, but the armor offers literally no protection besides jamming homing projectiles (this is plenty of fun in its own right though)
Funky Gnoll

Postby Joey Diamond » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 am

The Tactical Armor is stupidly useful in a map full of revenants. And it's set bonus lets you to become a Demoman without actually being one.

Tho I remembered I once got blown up by the Nuclear Barrel as a Demolitionist. Can someone provide info on what's the deal with the nuke barrel? Like, what range it has or it does special damage unblockable by anything?

Request: Can you do more right click functions? Like allows all multi barrel shotguns to fire single shot like the Double Shotgun. Or holding down the button to 'cook' the all rotary guns (keep the barrel spinning, idk what's it called) to make them fire as soon as the fire button is pressed or fire faster but at the cost of alerting every enemy or walk slower.
Joey Diamond

Postby YasuoProjectX » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:27 am

Excuse me can i have all assemble.txt/.docx or any notepad cuz my assemble list are being reset for mistake button, so that means i need help please :(

(Sorry my grammar is bad tho)
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby YasuoProjectX » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:32 am

YasuoProjectX wrote:Excuse me can i have all assemble.txt/.docx or any notepad cuz my assemble list are being reset for mistake button, so that means i need help please :(

(Sorry my grammar is bad tho)

Nvm i found it, my bad
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby Take One » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:01 am

Funky Gnoll wrote:the Tactical armor and boots form a set that gives splash damage immunity as a bonus, but the armor offers literally no protection besides jamming homing projectiles (this is plenty of fun in its own right though)

That one I completely forgot about, thanks. I tend to pass on it because I'll end up doing something dumb and carelessly run into a bunch of fireballs, so the only part that I remembered was the homing jammer thing. (Also, I worded that poorly in the first place, sorry - I do know about Malek's Armour but considered the fire splash resistance as just part of its fire resistance and was thinking about just a general resistance to splash damage, which wasn't the best way to think about it..)
Take One

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods