DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Machine-Reaper » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:59 am

fakemai wrote:It telefrags most things but not boss monsters. Those just get some amount of damage. If you want the gory details...
Spoiler:

EDIT: Question in general, how many people read mod sources like that? It should be done carefully for spoiler reasons of course, especially with mods like this, but there's often lots of silly touches in the sources too.


it works exactly as you said, bosses only get damaged by HElementals Projectiles but, the Projectiles literally clips thru Abominants

Basically speaking Abominants are immune to Hellstorm Attacks as the projectiles just passes thru the Abominant.

and this brings me to the Unmaker, its completely useless against Bosses, it costs 20 cells for each shot and even with 3 Artifacts and only 5 Health it deals only a maximum of 300 damage to any boss.
(description says the lesser health you have the more damage it does)

its good against everything else but the high cell cost makes it quite hard to use compared to other weapons in same category.

and Miniguns new "Scatter" thing has made them completely useless no matter how many Sniper mods you apply on them now to make them somewhat accurate, I find every other rapid Weapon better then minigun now :' (

and Assault Assemblies for Nuclear Plasma Rifle and Laser Rifle are not working.

AND FINALLY AN IMPORTANT QUESTION!

Does Reality Distortion Array convert anything to unique/legendary stuff?
User avatar
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2013

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Tesculpture » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:08 am

Small bug I've noticed; some monsters have a damagefactor for a "C4" damagetype, but the damagetype used by C4 in Final Doomer is actually "C4Explosive".
User avatar
Tesculpture
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2016

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Bofubutt » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:54 pm

Machine-Reaper wrote:and Miniguns new "Scatter" thing has made them completely useless no matter how many Sniper mods you apply on them now to make them somewhat accurate, I find every other rapid Weapon better then minigun now :' (


Miniguns, to me, are really meant for close combat crowd control when you have a horde of pinkies coming at you or when you've got one stunlock-able enemy in your face that you really cannot afford to let get an attack off (like when the RNG gods forsake you and you end up right next to a Hellstorm Elemental or a Nightmare Archvile with no room to maneuver). Instead of buffing accuracy, I buff miniguns' damage output, ammo capacity, or reload speed instead whenever possible. If I need to shoot something far away, chances are I don't need to kill it as quickly (or if I do, I'm targeting it with something that's not rapid-fire and instead just deals a lot of damage).
User avatar
Bofubutt
 
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Location: IT'S NOT A TUBA

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Tartlman » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:22 am

Bofubutt wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:and Miniguns new "Scatter" thing has made them completely useless no matter how many Sniper mods you apply on them now to make them somewhat accurate, I find every other rapid Weapon better then minigun now :' (


Miniguns, to me, are really meant for close combat crowd control when you have a horde of pinkies coming at you or when you've got one stunlock-able enemy in your face that you really cannot afford to let get an attack off (like when the RNG gods forsake you and you end up right next to a Hellstorm Elemental or a Nightmare Archvile with no room to maneuver). Instead of buffing accuracy, I buff miniguns' damage output, ammo capacity, or reload speed instead whenever possible. If I need to shoot something far away, chances are I don't need to kill it as quickly (or if I do, I'm targeting it with something that's not rapid-fire and instead just deals a lot of damage).


Still, i find that currently unless you're a.) the marine or b.) have a dedicated backpack for bullets the minigun just isn't useful.
oddly enough, it seems that the demolition minigun might be more accurate. i'm probably wrong though.
User avatar
Tartlman
calling super.tick() twice
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Location: meme hell
Discord: Tartlman#2947

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby SpacemanStrife » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:01 pm

I think the scattering is fine as long as miniguns have high attack power to compensate. It helps give them a different utility from rifles as a damage sponge killers instead of just feeling like stronger rifles. They also strike me as the type of weapon that's best used with their respective class, like pistols with scouts and shotguns with renegades. That being said, I wouldn't mind the effect of sniper mods being more pronounced in case someone wants a minigun closer to vanilla style; they'll still have high ammo consumption as a tradeoff and they also miss out on mod slots that could be used for boosting damage.
User avatar
SpacemanStrife
 
Joined: 01 Apr 2018
Discord: Strife#6969

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby YasuoProjectX » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Holy cow thanks for the updates :)
User avatar
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!
 
Joined: 09 Oct 2018
Location: Ionia
Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Tartlman » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:38 pm

i think that maybe the flamethrower needs to be nerfed. While yes, the flames hurt you too, the range is limited, yada yada yada, it's still insanely powerful and can stunlock most enemies to death in a couple moments, and has incredibly low ammo consumption. And if you have fireangel, there's practically no downsides since the fire won't hurt you. In its current state this thing is much stronger than many uniques, and in most cases its biggest weakness is monsters with fire resistance.
User avatar
Tartlman
calling super.tick() twice
 
Joined: 11 Oct 2018
Location: meme hell
Discord: Tartlman#2947

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby fakemai » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:22 am

I didn't think there was a flamethrower in DRLA. Unless you mean the napalm launcher, which is as you say, except that there are no range issues with it. An issue I will mention is that 4 technical mods are basically worthless. However 2 nano mods really improve its potential firerate if you can time it well, on top of giving it unlimited ammo, so it's a great fallback for those using the specialist backpack. Ideally from there you'd add two firestorms for more fire.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Machine-Reaper » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:43 am

fakemai wrote:I didn't think there was a flamethrower in DRLA. Unless you mean the napalm launcher, which is as you say, except that there are no range issues with it. An issue I will mention is that 4 technical mods are basically worthless. However 2 nano mods really improve its potential firerate if you can time it well, on top of giving it unlimited ammo, so it's a great fallback for those using the specialist backpack. Ideally from there you'd add two firestorms for more fire.


you can assemble a Flamethrower from a Napalm Launcher and it is a very very abusive weapon

Spoiler:


Lava Armour with Boots gives no momentary invulnerability of any sort after getting damaged (it did before in v1.0 randomly)

and is there any advantage to wearing an Necro Armour cause that thing really looks revolting to me now.

and its official from a Marine Class only Player, MINIGUNS are USELESS NOW!

except for Laser Minigun, it doesn't have the scatter and I want it to remain that way.
User avatar
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2013

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Kaeoschassis » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:28 am

Miniguns are fine. I still use them pretty much anytime I come across one if I'm a marine or techie. I am having no problems making them kick a lot of ass. What are you people doing with them that's making them 'useless'?
Kaeoschassis
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2014

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Machine-Reaper » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:30 am

Kaeoschassis wrote:Miniguns are fine. I still use them pretty much anytime I come across one if I'm a marine or techie. I am having no problems making them kick a lot of ass. What are you people doing with them that's making them 'useless'?


try applying a Sniper mod and see the result, you will be surprised.

and then apply another sniper mod on top of that, you will be even more surprised.
User avatar
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2013

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Kaeoschassis » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:09 pm

So; wasting half of its mod slots on something it neither needs nor wants, to answer my question. Gotcha.

Dude. It's a minigun. It's not meant to be accurate. It also doesn't need to be. ESPECIALLY on a marine. You can fire that thing til the heat death of the universe. There will be nothing left standing. And if you're a techie, just stick pretty much any of the high end assemblies on it (nano is a favourite, obviously).

Save those snipers for weapons that actually make good use of em.
Kaeoschassis
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2014

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Machine-Reaper » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:13 pm

Kaeoschassis wrote:So; wasting half of its mod slots on something it neither needs nor wants, to answer my question. Gotcha.

Dude. It's a minigun. It's not meant to be accurate. It also doesn't need to be. ESPECIALLY on a marine. You can fire that thing til the heat death of the universe. There will be nothing left standing. And if you're a techie, just stick pretty much any of the high end assemblies on it (nano is a favourite, obviously).

Save those snipers for weapons that actually make good use of em.


that's the point, Minguns used to be my main thing with the marine, but since they are nerfed now and are limited to a very high scattered medium range usage, I find it hard and sad to use.

that's why as of yet I have come to only use rapid rifles and auto shotguns now and only go for the Laser Minigun as it has all three advantages, accuracy, speed and massive amount of ammo pool.
User avatar
Machine-Reaper
commander tea cup reporting for duty!
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2013

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby fakemai » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Kaeoschassis wrote:So; wasting half of its mod slots on something it neither needs nor wants

And yet you suggest nano mods? They're wasted on anything with high magazine size, especially that. Really, they're wasted on anything that isn't the napalm launcher, or so I thought, you can master assemble that into nanomanufacture ammo too and that's about the same fire rate as one with two nanos without accidental reloading if you time it wrong, but cannot be upgraded further.

Machine-Reaper wrote:you can assemble a Flamethrower from a Napalm Launcher and it is a very very abusive weapon

I cheated blueprint computers after losing most of the ones I had, but it seems those are bugged in terms of the feature they have now of not giving out duplicates. That was one of three basic assemblies I wasn't getting, the others being second from the top and bottom of the list. The advanced/master lists are complete.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Nems » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:18 pm

Here's my $0.02 regarding the Minigun (as a Marine main):

The minigun is meant for close to medium range engagements. It shines at getting rid of mobs of lower tier foes while also stunlocking higher tier foes. If you find the mod packs to make it a Demolition Ammo Minigun or even just a High-Powered Minigun, you pretty much have an "I Win" button for most combat scenarios throughout the rest of a level set provided you play smart.

It's absolutely far from useless if you use it in the right combat situations.

EDIT: Also wanna report a bug while this post is still fresh. When you pick up an Assembly Map (the thing that gives you a random assembly you haven't discovered), the one it gives for an Energy Shotgun doesn't match what's given to you in the PDA. The Map tells you it's a Nuke Plasma Rifle / Laser Rifle + BBS while the PDA tells you it's a Nuke Plasma Rifle / Laser Rifle + BAA.
User avatar
Nems
Wait what
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: I don't even

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Awario [RSS], MentzWolf, Pisstepank, Valken and 13 guests