DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby DarkTalon25 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:06 pm

[quote="Machine-Reaper"]"unseen eyes notice your discovery"

I really don't understand this line since nothing happens after.

Did you do anything before you got the line?
DarkTalon25
 
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby TDRR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:25 am

Hey, Yholl, i have been wondering if by any chance support for the TDBots could be added into DRLA. While i could try doing a compatibility patch, unfortunately the things i can do from a patch are far more limited vs. built-in support.

If needed, i can code and maintain everything myself, if you want to add support into the mod itself. These bots could play co-op fairly intelligently, with the ability to use modpacks, armor, items, assemblies and every weapon without much issue, and can follow players competently.

By the way, this doesn't break support for ZDoom 2.8.1, and it would give bots to people who want to play with bots.
User avatar
TDRR
iDeas from the deep (pit of hacks)
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Location: Venezuela
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Yholl » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:51 am

Machine-Reaper wrote:"unseen eyes notice your discovery"

I really don't understand this line since nothing happens after.
You picked up a Unique+ item, and activated the Unique Boss system.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Also do Legendary Items make a more Higher Pitched Signal Sound then before?
No. You might be mistaking it for the master assembly sound.

TDRR wrote:Hey, Yholl, i have been wondering if by any chance support for the TDBots could be added into DRLA.
Looking at what seems to be involved, I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to do this. That sounds like absolute gigatons of terror to attempt.
User avatar
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Location: Here, stupid.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby TDRR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Yholl wrote:Looking at what seems to be involved, I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to do this. That sounds like absolute gigatons of terror to attempt.


Understandable. Maybe i'll do a limited compat-patch then.
Thanks for the clear answer anyways.
User avatar
TDRR
iDeas from the deep (pit of hacks)
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Location: Venezuela
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby retronutcase » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:27 pm

Just out of curiosity Yholl, have you given any thought to adding a level up/perk system akin to Doom RL's to complete the full Doom RL experience of this mod?

Also, some thoughts on the recent changes:

-The new modpack item is...Interesting to say the least.
-Given the Minigun's already ridiculous ammo consumption, I'm wondering if the nerf really was justified, though I haven't been able to tell to what degree that nerf is yet.
-High power nerf really hurts, especially on my beloved hunting revolver on scout. Still good, but man, nowhere near as good as it used to be.
-Mother in Law nerf, while justified, has a bit of an issue: You have no way to tell when your next shot is ready. We need something to let us know when we can actually shoot the thing again. A visual charge gauge on it akin to the Nuclear BFG might be one idea.
retronutcase
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2018

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby fakemai » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:36 am

Thanks for fixing adaptive difficulty to be functional, and for giving the option of starting DL and +DL/level, but at present, either max DL needs to be not homogenous, or DL/item needs to be adjustible too, since making every single monster type into max-tier gets really boring, and for progressive maps such as Doom 2 means the lower-tier variants may never be seen if you know your way around the mod.

EDIT: I haven't actually paired the monster mod with it much before but it seems some legendaries pierce armor entirely, which is EXTREMELY bad when mixing it with La Tailor Girl. Specifically the Spider Mastermind is instant death if you get hit, and like with most hitscan enemies, good luck. All you can really do is cheese them.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby KILLER2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:22 pm

I mean to be fair legendary mastermind is instant death regardless of what you pair it with save for IDDQD and maybe Russian Overkill.
KILLER2
 
Joined: 09 Apr 2010

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Yholl » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:17 am

retronutcase wrote:Just out of curiosity Yholl, have you given any thought to adding a level up/perk system akin to Doom RL's to complete the full Doom RL experience of this mod?
No, such a thing is not part of the mod's scope.
retronutcase wrote:Mother in Law nerf, while justified, has a bit of an issue: You have no way to tell when your next shot is ready. We need something to let us know when we can actually shoot the thing again. A visual charge gauge on it akin to the Nuclear BFG might be one idea.
Yeah, already planning on it.

fakemai wrote:either max DL needs to be not homogenous, or DL/item needs to be adjustible too, since making every single monster type into max-tier gets really boring
It is very intentionally homogenous. I have no intentions on adjusting any part of it currently.
fakemai wrote:EDIT: I haven't actually paired the monster mod with it much before but it seems some legendaries pierce armor entirely, which is EXTREMELY bad when mixing it with La Tailor Girl.
rekt
User avatar
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Location: Here, stupid.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby fakemai » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:03 am

Yholl wrote:It is very intentionally homogenous. I have no intentions on adjusting any part of it currently.

My actual issue was the instant max DL from making even one master assembly, but you know now what I had set so that it was doing that. Figured it out when I went to adjust it locally, sorry to bother you. In fairness the RNG curse setting looks pretty innocuous unlike some of the other ones in LegenDoom Lite.
User avatar
fakemai
 
Joined: 12 Feb 2018
Location: Australia

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby GAA1992 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 am

Yholl, is it okay if i post the link here to a small mod i made, replacing secret sounds?

Because i was playing DoomRL with it + Strange Aeons and thought it was cool.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Bodhisattva » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Haven't played this mod in a while. Is there a compatibility patch to use DRLA Monsters 7.2 together with Colourfull Hell 0.97CCC? I remember using one, but it was made for older versions: DRLA Monsters 6.2 + Colourfull Hell 0.95, to be precise.
User avatar
Bodhisattva
 
Joined: 02 Mar 2016

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby dddxdu » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm

best mod I have played in the recent
User avatar
dddxdu
 
Joined: 31 Jan 2019
Location: 🇹🇷
Discord: dddxdu#7093
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:56 am

if you already have one of the new modpack type in your inventory, and walk across another on the ground... if your modpack inventory isn't filled up, walking across it won't make you pick it up, but instead it'll fill out your modpack tokens instead, permanently gimping the amount of mods you can carry.
User avatar
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
preeeeah
 
Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Location: plergleland

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Yholl » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:29 pm

GAA1992 wrote:Yholl, is it okay if i post the link here to a small mod i made, replacing secret sounds?

Because i was playing DoomRL with it + Strange Aeons and thought it was cool.
Yeah sure! I'll link it in the main post if you'd like.
User avatar
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Location: Here, stupid.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Postby Carrotear » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:50 pm

The game lags as soon as I start. I have fancy barrels and such turned off.
Carrotear
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests