DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Postby lwks » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:50 pm

YasuoProjectX wrote:excuse me, can i have assembly list plz?. Im tired to spam Blueprint Computer, also when im going to change wad again, it will be reset and im going to try spam the Blueprint again, so please i need assembly list

And sorry for bad grammar :(

You can go to your GZDoom folder and open your "gzdoom-User.ini" file. Use Control+F to look for this keyword "DRLA_knownassemblies", it will have an equal sign followed by a bunch of 1s and 0s, change everything to 1. All Assemblies unlocked, enjoy.
lwks
Polyglot in training...

Postby YasuoProjectX » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:16 pm

lwks wrote:
YasuoProjectX wrote:excuse me, can i have assembly list plz?. Im tired to spam Blueprint Computer, also when im going to change wad again, it will be reset and im going to try spam the Blueprint again, so please i need assembly list

And sorry for bad grammar :(

You can go to your GZDoom folder and open your "gzdoom-User.ini" file. Use Control+F to look for this keyword "DRLA_knownassemblies", it will have an equal sign followed by a bunch of 1s and 0s, change everything to 1. All Assemblies unlocked, enjoy.

OH MY GOD, YOU ARE GENIUS, THANK YOU MATE <3
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: YasuoProjectY
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby NickDoom » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:41 am

I suggest 3 bumps:
1) Allow to onyx-mod Ballistic Armors;
2) Allow to convert Ablative armors into onyx-modded common ones (after onyx-modding Ablative armor, it's onyx-modded but obviously not Ablative anymore);
3) Give Scout a techno-modded Pistol (unless „no Perks“ option is active), indirectly bumping Shredder pistol (it's usually late for party, while I collect both mod packs, I find a better handgun).
NickDoom

Postby Yholl » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:29 pm

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:A-modded missile launchers cannot be scavenged for ammo
Well, yeah, you can't absorb a modded weapon for ammo.
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:additionally, should you be in the middle of charging the armor special, and the armor breaks, then you do NOT get phased away, but the explosion STILL occurs. which will instantly kill you.
Again, yeah, if it has under 25 durability, the armor is too damaged and blasts you apart.

NickDoom wrote:Was Dark Marty supposed to be one of a kind?
He should only appear twice.
NickDoom wrote:Also, I have another random suggestion (not about the mod itself, but about dedicated maps). A plot-based megawad, using maps from both Crapi and Junko. Imagine it: that crazy map puzzle with DRLA weapons/monsters :) Including original Crapi „grind“ maps (they refresh if you leave them and re-enter again) and hub-based main ones.
I have no idea what those are. Either way, we have our own plans for dedicated maps. If you want to make a mapset for DRLA using all its many features, please feel free. I've done my best to make sure everything is sorted and named well in GZDoom Builder.

It does not reset, that's one of the main features of the PDA.

NickDoom wrote:Allow to onyx-mod Ballistic Armors;
No, it's an assembly.
NickDoom wrote:Allow to convert Ablative armors into onyx-modded common ones (after onyx-modding Ablative armor, it's onyx-modded but obviously not Ablative anymore);
No, it's an assembly.
NickDoom wrote:Give Scout a techno-modded Pistol (unless „no Perks“ option is active), indirectly bumping Shredder pistol (it's usually late for party, while I collect both mod packs, I find a better handgun).
I was confused for a moment, but no, I'm not adding a Technical mod to it. I will not take choice away from the player.
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Daverin2112 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Hey Yholl, just wanted to check if intended, but... are Nightmare Cybers supposed to hurt you even if you are under invul sphere?
Daverin2112

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:21 am

say Yholl, is it okay if i post some of my gameplay videos of DRLA in here? i've been doing some ironman runs of various mapsets and so far i have one finished attempt up on my channel (the rest of the runs i did the footage got corrupted unfortunately).
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Postby Yholl » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:23 am

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:say Yholl, is it okay if i post some of my gameplay videos of DRLA in here?
go for it!
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:18 am

alright, thanks! here's the run whose footage survived:

i should note that if something seems off in the video, it's because i made the cryptic decision of recording a demo first, then recording the footage i got with Shadowplay after, thinking it would make for the best performance. which, it doesn't matter at all i found out, heh. so i'm just going to do recordings with Shadowplay now, since i figured out how to make the footage not get corrupted.

Postby NickDoom » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:56 pm

Yholl wrote:I'm not adding a Technical mod to it. I will not take choice away from the player.

But player can get another pistol, they are easy to find…
Also, I suggest to
Spoiler:

And I can't install more than two Nano on BFG — is it intentional? In DRL, installing multiple N to BFG (even to Nuclear one) was a costly but effective way to get close to ∞BFG (not ∞BFG but very, very close). Multi-N weapon takes shorter time before the charging begins, and also charges faster.

Yholl wrote:Either way, we have our own plans for dedicated maps. If you want to make a mapset for DRLA using all its many features, please feel free

How on earth do you do all of this? Do you have 36 hours in a day? :shock:
Noooo. No. Messing with Crapi/Junko is faaaar beyond my skills. If a brave soul here is crazy enough to mess with this Leonhard Euler's nightmare, „please feel free“ :lol:
NickDoom

Postby Ryan Cordell » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:13 pm

You do it a day at a time. Mod progress is usually pretty chill.
Ryan Cordell
PDA Man

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Bubuche » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:14 pm

I didn't have internet for the last two weeks.
Maybe that what I'll tell here has already been told.

(And I was trying to compile zscript, looking for a way to compile it. I still didn't find, but it seems that it's not possible, like it's interpreted ... damn !).

1/ for the nanomachic plasma rifle and the marine, when you take a powerup (like infrared etc) instead of shooting faster, it goes in a "shoot/refresh/shoot/refresh" loop. By "refresh" I mean the animation you have when you stop firing with it.
2/ when you change your backpack for the same one (like the the 250% backpack for an other 250% backpack) your ammo drop like if you threw away the backpack. I am not sure I can call this a "bug" but still it appears as one.
3/ Assault Plasma Rifle no projectile (still delay between shot and hit) doesn't have a projectile. The description says that the projectile is faster, but giving the delay between the shot and the hit, I should see the projectile (=it's not hitscan => there should be a projectile)
4/ I got hit down to 1hp with the medical armor and it stopped healing me until I got higher hp.

What is not a bug (but somehow it's harder to say if something is a bug or not after playing the old version of this mod, as it could just be a change, not a bug):
I remember armors used to have a description. I couldn't find it (but maybe I missed it, but I searched a lot).
Bubuche

Postby Kinsie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:36 am

Bubuche wrote:What is not a bug (but somehow it's harder to say if something is a bug or not after playing the old version of this mod, as it could just be a change, not a bug):
I remember armors used to have a description. I couldn't find it (but maybe I missed it, but I searched a lot).
You can view the description of your current armor, boots and backpack on page 2 of the "Armors" PDA option (PDA app?)
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Gideon020 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:53 am

Anyone got an opinion on the best mod to stick on a Triad Cannon? Also, Demolitionist is saddened that he cannot have Nanomachic Triad Cannon by adding Nano Mod to it.
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby Rigel » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:21 am

so 3 things:
tristar blaster (both normal and HP) says firestorm mod increases fire rate but it seems to increase aoe radius
sniper mod doesn't seem to work on mini missile launcher (no rocket speed up compared to normal)
bulk mod doesn't seem to work on revenant's launcher (no magazine nor direct damage increase?)
Rigel

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:33 pm

i recorded this in the weekend, but it took ages for Vegas to render out, so it only just got done.

i decided to do something less stressful and run through all of Doom 2 instead of a megawad. to compensate, i bumped the danger level up to 10. i don't know how much it affected things, but i did encounter some harrowing encounters (and showered me in insane luck as well. like jesus).

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods