DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by wildweasel »

comet1337 wrote:
wildweasel wrote: Or favor weapons that deal a large amount of damage in one hit, like rockets, the sniper rifle, or the elephant gun.
but thats the thing
thats what shotguns and the AMR are supposed to do, but the phasing happens with no delay, not even to wait for all the pellets to make contact
they are counterintuitive in this particular niche
hell, i've had an instance where the impact of a MIL rocket triggered a nightmare caco's phasing and had it avoid the entirety of the blast
But that's the point - those all technically deal damage in multiple hits.
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

KILLER2 wrote:I don't get all this whining about the nightmare cacos. I've fought them in droves, even legendary variants and had no problem with it. I think y'all need to git gud ;)
All you have to do is aim at a slow moving orb around them. It even has an extremely large leniency on when you shoot it, so they're really not that hard at all.
Edit: Apparently I misread that as "armageddon cacos" somehow, which makes that make even less sense, since they're just cacos that can move slightly horizontally when hit.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

if you don't have weapons that deal damage with a single hit, you could bait its phasing with a weaker weapon, then use whatever your main weapon is to kill them afterwards.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if you don't have weapons that deal damage with a single hit, you could bait its phasing with a weaker weapon, then use whatever your main weapon is to kill them afterwards.
Rapid weapon still work like a charm against them, just follow where their "Eye" goes and keep shooting, you won't miss.

However Rocket/Shell weapons will be wasted incase the Caco goes phasing at that very moment, I can confirm this from using a Plasma Rocket on that caco, it phased right thru the blast and still had enough health to take another hit.

infact even the Zeus BFG misses them and goes for another target when they Phase away.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the plascharge launcher does multiple explosions instead of a single one, so it's a bit unreliable against them. grenade launcher, tactical rocket launcher and missile launcher only does one explosion on impact, and thus only hits it once. it can still phase away, but much less likely. shotguns fire multiple pellets so it will always trigger the phasing.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I wonder. If I made a Heavy Shotgun, could I then make it Plasmatic?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Gideon020 wrote:I wonder. If I made a Heavy Shotgun, could I then make it Plasmatic?
No - Assembled weapons cannot take further assemblies.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

Gideon020 wrote:I wonder. If I made a Heavy Shotgun, could I then make it Plasmatic?
nope
only one assembly per weapon
and it makes me sad
no high power stealth weapons for me
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Oh well, at least I'm filling out my assembly lists. :D
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

I have been having a strange issue with the mod: when I load DoomRL + Monster pack with a wad like AV1/AV2/Community pack 3/4 or whatever, in-game I cannot jump! I tried the fly command and pressing the jump button allows me to go straight up, so I know the key is working and jump works just fine when using the vanilla Doom2 maps or maps of chaos. Am running the game through DZDoom and DoomExplorer latest versions. Thanks for any help fixing this VERY annoying issue.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

tyrantkyng wrote:I have been having a strange issue with the mod: when I load DoomRL + Monster pack with a wad like AV1/AV2/Community pack 3/4 or whatever, in-game I cannot jump! I tried the fly command and pressing the jump button allows me to go straight up, so I know the key is working and jump works just fine when using the vanilla Doom2 maps or maps of chaos. Am running the game through DZDoom and DoomExplorer latest versions. Thanks for any help fixing this VERY annoying issue.
That's because those maps disable jumping by default. Thankfully you can go to gameplay options and set jumping to on in order to remedy this problem. But as a friendly reminder, if the mapset disables jumping, than it's probably not intended for jumping to be enabled.
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

WOW! I feel so stupid lol. In my defense, I am pretty new to Doom 1/2. Thanks So Much! Sorry for the dumb comment :P
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

tyrantkyng wrote:I have been having a strange issue with the mod: when I load DoomRL + Monster pack with a wad like AV1/AV2
Wait wait wait HOLD UP! The Doom community has been told that there isn't, and will never be an AV2! WE NEED ANSWERS!
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

There's a slight typo in one of the unique item texts displayed once you enter a level.

"You feel a vile, yet unthreatening prescence here..."
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

KILLER2 wrote:
tyrantkyng wrote:I have been having a strange issue with the mod: when I load DoomRL + Monster pack with a wad like AV1/AV2
Wait wait wait HOLD UP! The Doom community has been told that there isn't, and will never be an AV2! WE NEED ANSWERS!
Sorry, sorry... was thinking of B2S Ep.2, not AV2 lol.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”