DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Grumpy Tengu wrote:Can anyone tell me what is up with the archvile variant de-vile? it doesnt seem to wanna die no matter what i shoot it with or how much..is there some trick to it like with the cacoabyss?
Shoot the 666 floating above its head, one by one they will disappear, Using Minigun/Lead based weapons is advised.
xoyv

Post by xoyv »

so after slamming my head against a bat file for like a half hour, i've finally managed to get doomrl and doomrpg to run together, with the additional stuff it needs. but for some reason none of the doomrl weapons above white seem to want to spawn. i've used the console to spawn a bunch of ammo boxes and the ingame modpacks spawn using that, but it doesn't seem to work for weapons. is there something i need to do to get them spawning, or is this something that's "intended"?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

It's not intended, I remember ages ago when I ran DRPG with DRLA (back when DRPG wasn't on hiatus/abandoned) that rare weapons did spawn).
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the info for the Angelic Armor erroneously states that damaging it causes explosions, but that perk only appears if you have the full Angelic set.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the info for the Angelic Armor erroneously states that damaging it causes explosions, but that perk only appears if you have the full Angelic set.
did Torgue mess with this Armour?
lwks

Post by lwks »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:the info for the Angelic Armor erroneously states that damaging it causes explosions, but that perk only appears if you have the full Angelic set.
This explains why I was using it and nothing happened
gunofdis

Post by gunofdis »

Even with the set the explosions are invisible.
xoyv

Post by xoyv »

you know has anyone figured out what some of the "feelings" you get during the middle of a map? like the one about feeling anxious, or "darkness in the corner of your senses". those always kind of freak me out a bit
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

xoyv wrote:you know has anyone figured out what some of the "feelings" you get during the middle of a map? like the one about feeling anxious, or "darkness in the corner of your senses". those always kind of freak me out a bit
Those usually indicate that something high-leveled appears in the map - a powerful enemy or a unique weapon or armor, perhaps.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

xoyv wrote:you know has anyone figured out what some of the "feelings" you get during the middle of a map? like the one about feeling anxious, or "darkness in the corner of your senses". those always kind of freak me out a bit
A Demonic Armour or Weapon has popped up somewhere, you are very lucky.
wildweasel wrote:Those usually indicate that something high-leveled appears in the map - a powerful enemy or a unique weapon or armor, perhaps.
By powerful enemy do you mean something like a D-Vile?
Viscra Maelstrom

i don't recall seeing that when the De-vile appears. on a related note, you seem to get the message about there being "something hi-tech" on the map, when all that could have triggered it is a pair of Cerberus boots... that doesn't give off a chime. not sure if it was meant to trigger that.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

While we're on the subject of wondering about things, I've always wondered how Colourful Hell's enemies interact with the resistances. Do they simply ignore them, or are you resistant to the base damage type? I.e.:an imp variant will always do fire damage even if it shoots blue plasma at you, and a hell knight will always do plasma even if it shoots mini rockets or nails.

As for the level feels, I'm pretty sure they only happen if there's a powerful item present (green+ or part of a powerful set like the Cerberus Boots). I don't remember every getting one because of an enemy, certainly nothing as insignificant as a De-Vile. If they do happen on enemies, I think it's only when an Abominant spawns. Speaking of...good luck with that :twisted:
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i don't recall seeing that when the De-vile appears. on a related note, you seem to get the message about there being "something hi-tech" on the map, when all that could have triggered it is a pair of Cerberus boots... that doesn't give off a chime. not sure if it was meant to trigger that.
I'm also asking for the same reason, when a Nightmare Cyberdemon spawned it gave me a warning of similar sort, but not incase of D-Vile which was even a bigger threat so that is why I'm asking.

Also if you have an Master Assembly Weapon spawn it also gives a message as well.
Viscra Maelstrom

there was no master assembly on the map, though; the only assembly (by technical terms anyway) that spawned were those Cerberus boots.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:there was no master assembly on the map, though; the only assembly (by technical terms anyway) that spawned were those Cerberus boots.
I meant that master assembled weapons "also" give messages when spawned.

However, there was once where I had 2 messages of Demonic Items being present in the map yet I only found one.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”