DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Homor wrote:
Oh, wow. You were right. It was set on "Goodbye Galaxy."

It's really embarrassing the problem was so easy to solve and not a glitch at all. Thank you for helping.
its sad to see less people know about "Goodbye Galaxy."
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Homor wrote:

It's really embarrassing the problem was so easy to solve and not a glitch at all. Thank you for helping.
its sad to see less people know about "Goodbye Galaxy."
It's one of the most fun game modes, at least for a few levels until you inevitably run out of ammo.
Homor

Post by Homor »

While I'm here: what's the proper way to get this and DoomRPG running at the same time? I've had it work before somehow, but lately I can't get it to go. Is there a specific load order for the mods, or should it work as long as all the mod files and patches are loaded?
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

Homor wrote:

No need for embarrassment! I bet I've done worse!
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Why HP NukeBFG can kill me even when I'm invulnerable? It's soooo against the original spirit of DRL…

Costly, one-time weapon which can be used only with an invulnerability sphere… It's not literally the same weapon (and it shouldn't be), but it's a significant part of DRL universe.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

No, the point of that weapon is to mod it into usability. It's a totally useless weapon until you do that, by design. As far as DRL tropes go, nuking an entire level was always my least favourite thing anyways. It's just non-interactive and boring.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Of course, not an entire level. At most, «reaching around a corner» feature (but not too far). It's a „last chance mode“ and I don't suggest it as a main purpose of the assembly. It's a very rare case to really need such an option.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Homor wrote:While I'm here: what's the proper way to get this and DoomRPG running at the same time? I've had it work before somehow, but lately I can't get it to go. Is there a specific load order for the mods, or should it work as long as all the mod files and patches are loaded?
Check back through the DRPG thread, eventually you'll find a link to a build that'll work.

Alternatively, there is a fork done by Sumwunn that you can try, you'll have to find it yourself though.
NickDoom wrote:Why HP NukeBFG can kill me even when I'm invulnerable?
Oversight. I fixed it for 1.1.
BcSeed7

Post by BcSeed7 »

I have annoying problem, sometimes when I pick up a weapon, its just dissapear, instead adding it to my inventory. It happens very frequently, how to fix that? I play mod with reccomended GZDoom build.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

BcSeed7 wrote:I have annoying problem, sometimes when I pick up a weapon, its just dissapear, instead adding it to my inventory. It happens very frequently, how to fix that? I play mod with reccomended GZDoom build.
If you already have six weapons and the weapon you are picking up is common, this is by design. You are absorbing the weapon for its ammo. If you want the gun, you will have to drop something else first.
BcSeed7

Post by BcSeed7 »

Ok thanks, I realize that I have full slots, but that weapons dissaperance was weird. Thanks for clearing things up.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

and the weapon you are picking up is common
…or you already have the same one. Even if it's modded. I've installed a wrong mod and tried to pick another BFG up. And I've forgot to drop the mis-modded (is it a word? Is it a right word?) one first, lol.

In Heretic, pickups can have hit points. One HP = one ammo. Can weapons be unloaded this way, instead of disappearing? If (ammo<max), you pick the weapon up and immediately drop it. Maybe even pick up things only with „Use“, as special backpacks?
TrollanKojima

Post by TrollanKojima »

Has anyone successfully gotten DoomRLA/RPG working together in GZ3Doom?
I feel like as much time as I've spent in RLA/RPG, in VR I'd probably never want to stop playing.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

TrollanKojima wrote:Has anyone successfully gotten DoomRLA/RPG working together in GZ3Doom?
I feel like as much time as I've spent in RLA/RPG, in VR I'd probably never want to stop playing.
Use ViveDoom, GZ3Doom is based on GZDoom 1.8.10 which is way too old.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Yholl wrote:It'd be a vast amount of work, and completely incompatible with some guns.
You made the Bayonetta's feet pistols? O_o
TDRR wrote:Not really, just making a base weapon actor with a Zoom state that is the fist doing it's punchy animation and then A_Jump("Ready", 255) to go back to the ready state. Then you need to make weapons inherit from this actor and give their ready state the "WRF_ALLOWZOOM" and that's it, quick and easy punch attack.
EDIT: Nevermind, now i remember that the Zoom key is already used up.
Can „Use“ key on monsters (like on special backpacks) activate the quick kick attack instead of the „Zoom“ key? Or even „Use-when-it's-nothing-to-use“ (no switches, no walls, no special backpacks etc. in the Use radius).
Yholl wrote:There will be no quick attacks or grenade keys or anything like that in DRLA.
OK, but curiosity kills me: can such thing be made? Is it even possible with Decorate?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”