DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby wildweasel » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:37 am

TDRR wrote:I mean, they are good in terms of damage, but when i fire them there isn't any recoil to them, not view recoil (even if just cosmetic) nor physical recoil.

This is something that is fixed for the forthcoming version, as Yholl has added visual recoil that can be adjusted in the options menu.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby grubfisher » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:42 pm

What's the load order for the three files? I'm using DoomLauncher and there are a LOT of scripting errors that show up during initial loading. Using recent GZDoom 3.7pre-release.
grubfisher
 
Joined: 16 Nov 2018

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby NickDoom » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:16 pm

There's a "modpack alchemy" in DoomRL. For example, disassembling an assault weapon can give you a random modpack, other than "A".
Maybe it should be even more "alchemical"? Maybe it should give a random modpack except ones involved into the special assembly?
As if Tech builds one from some parts of few different ones.

BTW, what the Assault Minigun is good for? It looks like a rapid version of Sniper Rifle, but it's way too weak :(
NickDoom
 
Joined: 20 Nov 2018
Location: English is not my first language, sorry.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Yholl » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:07 pm

grubfisher wrote:What's the load order for the three files? I'm using DoomLauncher and there are a LOT of scripting errors that show up during initial loading. Using recent GZDoom 3.7pre-release.
There is no load order.
Ignore the errors.

NickDoom wrote:BTW, what the Assault Minigun is good for? It looks like a rapid version of Sniper Rifle, but it's way too weak :(
It's good at being the Assault Minigun.
You shouldn't really compare different guns like that.

In DRLA, if a weapon fits an assemblies criteria, you can make it, no matter how weird or strange it might be.
User avatar
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Location: Here, stupid.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Procket12 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:21 pm

I find it funny that the Vanguard Rifle is just an AR-18. It's good rifle, but if it's your vanguard rifle, you're definitely hurting for money. lol
Procket12
 
Joined: 22 Jul 2017
Location: Somewhere between here and there, CA
Discord: #9506

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Bofubutt » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Procket12 wrote:I find it funny that the Vanguard Rifle is just an AR-18. It's good rifle, but if it's your vanguard rifle, you're definitely hurting for money. lol


Doom takes place super far in the future, so they were bound to run out of body styles for rifles sooner or later. It looks cool and distinctive, which is really all that matters in a video game.
User avatar
Bofubutt
 
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Location: IT'S NOT A TUBA

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:17 am

the Superior line is also made up of guns that are old designs that the UAC has acquired through one way or another, which is why you have things like hunting shotguns, old revolvers, RCP-90s and the like alongside more "contemporary" things, like human-sized gatling guns and energy weapons.
User avatar
Princess Viscra Maelstrom
 
Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Location: plergleland

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Sokoro » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:11 am

I am curious, what are those last three things you were working on? Is there anything I can do to help? some coding or graphical work?
User avatar
Sokoro
 
Joined: 13 Jul 2012

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Yholl » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Sokoro wrote:I am curious, what are those last three things you were working on? Is there anything I can do to help? some coding or graphical work?

Alter the effects of a unique
Add a new legendary melee weapon
Add new behaviour to the various Icons of Sin

The only reason I haven't already finished is due to making that weapon, it terrifies me. There's nothing you can do to help. Thank you for offering though.
User avatar
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Location: Here, stupid.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Bofubutt » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Yholl wrote:
Sokoro wrote:I am curious, what are those last three things you were working on? Is there anything I can do to help? some coding or graphical work?

Alter the effects of a unique
Add a new legendary melee weapon
Add new behaviour to the various Icons of Sin

The only reason I haven't already finished is due to making that weapon, it terrifies me. There's nothing you can do to help. Thank you for offering though.


various Icons of Sin


As if I could get any more hype for this.

I'm also really curious about what it could be, given that there are a few legendary melee weapons in the original Doom RL that I'd love to see (or maybe you've already added most of them, or maybe this is even an original design).
User avatar
Bofubutt
 
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Location: IT'S NOT A TUBA

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby DarkTalon25 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:12 am

Yholl wrote:Alter the effects of a unique
Add a new legendary melee weapon
Add new behaviour to the various Icons of Sin


Which unique is getting altered? And what new behaviours are the Icons getting?
DarkTalon25
 
Joined: 13 Mar 2015
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Funky Gnoll » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:25 am

DarkTalon25 wrote:
Yholl wrote:Alter the effects of a unique
Add a new legendary melee weapon
Add new behaviour to the various Icons of Sin


Which unique is getting altered? And what new behaviours are the Icons getting?


Wait and see.
Funky Gnoll
 
Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Location: Round Rock, TX

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby MrPyrite » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:27 am

Just an Idea floating, but Maybe you can allow the Assembly of some weapons that popped into my head while playing this legendary mod. Here's what i'm thinking:

Combat Revolver: A snub-nosed revolver that fires faster than your normal revolver, at a small cost of slightly decreased damage and accuracy. Requires Combat Pistol + Revolver Assembly (1 Agility + 1 Technical)

Energy Revolver: A rather odd combination of Old Western weaponry and Modern Weapon Technology, this laser-firing handgun fires off accurate lasers that are guaranteed to hit your targets. We still wonder why in the hell we made this, to be honest. Can only fire up to 5 times before needing to recharge. Requires Blaster + 1 Sniper Mod, 1 Agility Mod, and 1 Technical Mod

Lever-Action Rifle (Superior): This old-age rifle has been the weapon of choice of old western warriors, prized for it's accuracy and firepower. Of Course, the fire rate of this weapon may be quite troublesome in some situations, as well as having to reload each bullet in the gun instead of being able to reload via magazine, making this unsuitable for sustained and drawn-out fights against large groups of monsters. As of all "Superior" weapons, the mod capacity is limited to two mods. Can be used with "High Power" assembly to make "Hunting Rifle", a High Power version of the Lever-Action Rifle.

(Technician or Scout Unique) Righteous Bison: This Retro-futuristic pistol fires piercing indivisible particle blasts of energy that deals more hits as it travels through enemies. Luckily for you, this weapon doesn't require ammo, but you still need to reload it regardless. It also isn't the strongest of weapons, either, but great in a pinch and in a room full of humans and lower demons. The last person to use this was a war-mongering psychopath in colored army fatigues.

The following Super Mod effects for Righteous Bison:
-------------------------------------------
Sniper - Adds an Alt-fire that shoots a more focused version of the particle blast, instantanously traveling through enemies and dealing damage, but costs 2 'ammo' per shot instead of 1 and takes a bit to cool down before you can fire it again. (sorta like a Machina tracer shot)

Nano - No longer need to reload and Damage done heals you. Band-aid Bison, ahoy!(this was inspired by a custom weapon in the old TF2 plugin Advanced Weaponizer. It was a bison that dealt no damage, but would heal you upon hitting the enemy instead of doing damage. Still Pierces like the regular, though.)

Firestorm - Alt-Fire shoots a singular ball that no longer pierces through enemies, but explodes on contact, dealing heavy damage on impact and good damage on AOE Explosion. Must Reload afterwards, and takes a couple of seconds to charge up.... (Basically a modified version of the Cow Mangler alt-fire)
-----------------------------------------------------

So, what do you honestly think of them, Master Yholl? I hope i'm not doing anything to upset you. These are only suggestions. Whether you establish them is up to you.
MrPyrite
That one guy you know.
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2017
Location: living in Waluigi's Bridal Boutique
Discord: Pyrilium@4773

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby Yholl » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:32 am

MrPyrite wrote:Combat Revolver:
Interesting. I'd have to get some sprites for it, but I do like the sound of this quite a bit.
MrPyrite wrote:Energy Revolver:
Could be cool, yeah. Having more revolvers is neat for the WW-41 armor.
MrPyrite wrote:Lever-Action Rifle (Superior):
I quite like the sound of that, fits in with future plans I have nicely.
MrPyrite wrote:Righteous Bison:
Hmmm. Maybe. Depends on a lot of things.
MrPyrite wrote:So, what do you honestly think of them, Master Yholl? I hope i'm not doing anything to upset you. These are only suggestions. Whether you establish them is up to you.
Nah, I always like to receive suggestions, the only downside is when people come up with ideas that are unfeasible or silly and I have to tell them no. In this case though, these are pretty nice ideas overall, thank you for sharing them.
User avatar
Yholl
I will hit you with my Decorate.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2012
Location: Here, stupid.

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Postby MrPyrite » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Yholl wrote:
MrPyrite wrote:So, what do you honestly think of them, Master Yholl? I hope i'm not doing anything to upset you. These are only suggestions. Whether you establish them is up to you.
Nah, I always like to receive suggestions, the only downside is when people come up with ideas that are unfeasible or silly and I have to tell them no. In this case though, these are pretty nice ideas overall, thank you for sharing them.


Glad you like them. There was one thing I've been wanting to ask. What was the hardest weapon to code for Doom RLArsenal, in your honest opinion?
MrPyrite
That one guy you know.
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2017
Location: living in Waluigi's Bridal Boutique
Discord: Pyrilium@4773

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests