DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gideon020

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by Gideon020 »

Apparently the Arsenal does not play nice with Joy Of Mapping 4 to 6, it just goes straight to Doom 2 map 1. Anyone have a different experience?
lwks

Post by lwks »

Gideon020 wrote:Apparently the Arsenal does not play nice with Joy Of Mapping 4 to 6, it just goes straight to Doom 2 map 1. Anyone have a different experience?
All JoM maps are Pistol Start, why would you want to do this anyways?
StarController

Post by StarController »

Can someone help me to use the PDA? I can't seem to see more than the two help screens. :(
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

StarController wrote:Can someone help me to use the PDA? I can't seem to see more than the two help screens. :(
Press right-click in order to exit out of the help screens, as well as any other screens in the PDA. You can always come back to view information on how to use the PDA at any time.
StarController

Post by StarController »

rabid marine wrote: Press right-click in order to exit out of the help screens
Oh, bless you. I figured it was simple. I didn't think it'd be *that* simple. Thanks!
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Is it just me, or does the Mother-In-Law cause things to get super-duper laggy over time the more you use it?

I have a pretty beefy computer, including a 1070 GTX, and am using the supported version of GZDoom. I just finished assembling the MIL for the first time since the update, and I'm finding some really unusual lag that intensifies after I fire it. I understand that the fancy explosion (much appreciated, by the way) is resource-intensive, but I feel like maybe the particles aren't being resolved properly when their animation finishes.

In fact, I'm getting less than 10 FPS now in the state where I've used the MIL, even after saving, exiting, relaunching, and reloading the save. This is on a vanilla megawad, too.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i can't say that's happened to me. did you use it against a crowd of enemies? i don't think the smoke effect is that resource intensive, but the giblets spawning from killed enemies tanks my framerate when it accumulates
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

I had the same thing happen to me when I had giblets enabled in a 1000+ enemy map. I even disabled them but it didn't fix the lag. I eventually had to skip the map.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

KILLER2 wrote:I had the same thing happen to me when I had giblets enabled in a 1000+ enemy map. I even disabled them but it didn't fix the lag. I eventually had to skip the map.
It was indeed the giblets. I ended up having to disable them because of the sheer amount of lag I was facing, which is really unfortunate since they're so attractive.

In a future update, maybe it'd be a good idea to allow them to disappear over time.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

but they do disappear over time already
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

A-modded missile launchers cannot be scavenged for ammo
if you're playing as renegade, and your shotgun magazine is full whilst also maxed out on shells, going past any shell munitions will refresh your extra shot without picking up the ammo, meaning you can stand on top of some shell ammo and fire infinitely

edit: nightmare mancs will keep firing at you even when you're out of their line of sight

edit 2: PDA entry for the phoenix-b suit erroneously lists it as an indestructible armor that doesn't need repairs, when it actually has 150 durability and thus can be repaired. additionally, should you be in the middle of charging the armor special, and the armor breaks, then you do NOT get phased away, but the explosion STILL occurs. which will instantly kill you.
MrUnknown

Post by MrUnknown »

Icons of Sin can't be telefragged. Trying to telefrag them only hurts them. An example of this happening is in the Community Chest 2 megawad where
Spoiler:
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Was Dark Marty supposed to be one of a kind? I'm playing Ult. E4 Adaptive (starting dng. = 40) without save/load (autosave only) as Tech. Beginning from „Unruly Evil“, I have to squash this annoying pest on every level %)

Also, I have another random suggestion (not about the mod itself, but about dedicated maps). A plot-based megawad, using maps from both Crapi and Junko. Imagine it: that crazy map puzzle with DRLA weapons/monsters :) Including original Crapi „grind“ maps (they refresh if you leave them and re-enter again) and hub-based main ones.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

excuse me, can i have assembly list plz?. Im tired to spam Blueprint Computer, also when im going to change wad again, it will be reset and im going to try spam the Blueprint again, so please i need assembly list

And sorry for bad grammar :(
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

Just send me a link and ill copy it from Microsoft Office Word as i can

Return to “Gameplay Mods”