DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bobby

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by Bobby »

oh ok
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Yeah, assume that if it's a commonplace weapon in an FPS game, it exists in DRLA. I was wondering if a railgun would show up, and it totally did. Also wasn't kidding about how front-loaded the difficulty is if you have "THIS IS YOUR FAULT" legendary rate, and are playing Technician. It's easy to make master-tier weapons within the first couple of maps, and it also means that you have a decent shot at finding rare things in a playthrough from boss-tier enemies. Even as Scout though I immediately found a weapon that one-shot virtually all enemies before they had a chance of going legendary, but still dropped as one. That's my favourite class.
Churrupez

Post by Churrupez »

-The description of the N-Modded BFG 10K haves "/n" at the end of it

-Nanomachic Plasma Rifle doesn't work with the Marine's "higher firerates with a powerup" passive (it shoots once, then goes into the recoil animation)

-Both Plasma Rifles Mk. II gets affected with the Marine's "higher firerates" passive, but they don't get affected by Ammochain

Also, ¿are burst-fire weapons supposed to be affected by that? The BFG 10K fires faster, but I didn't seemed to work with the rest of the burst-fire weapons.
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

Anyone else God Mode whenever the Bruiser Brothers show up?
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Nope.
But I can't say that I blame you for doing so. They're very mean.
affandede

Post by affandede »

I don't. But oh boy, am I not tempted to.
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

You can't pick up a Plasma Pistol for ammo. I assume it's supposed to give you cells, since that's the kind of ammo it uses, but I couldn't pick it up for ammo while holding the reload key even though I was nowhere near full capacity with cells.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

About 66% filled in the assemblies, minor commentary.
Spoiler:
Also with DRLM and LDL you really really want something either stunlocking or hard-hitting for lower-tier enemies in case they're legendary. The hitscan ones especially can be major trouble since they'll immediately retaliate and hit like a truck. Battle rifle speed is generally enough for stunlocking, and double-power sniper rifle works well for just one-shotting the majority before they can.

>Bruiser Brothers
Their teleporting gimmick is atrocious but other than that they're a lot of fun and cleanly dodging their hail of fireballs feels great. It's not common I need to cheese them unlike some of the Spider Mastermind variants and Cyberdemon variants.

>plasma pistol
They only exist in nuclear form don't they? That class of weapon is self-powered and slowly recharges when not firing. Capacity mods are fantastic for these.

EDIT: For some reason the combat translocator list 4 mod slots but doesn't support any modpacks. There's at least one other weapon that has this quirk that I can't remember. I also don't know what its "termination point recall" mode does is it something that's used in multiplayer? Also forgot to ask, but what is Dark Marty referring to? He's great even if scary.
Last edited by fakemai on Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

you can't consume plasma pistols for ammo because they're assemblies. assembled weapons can't be converted to ammo.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

Am I supposed to be able to use the monster pack independently outside of the main mod? I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but I noticed custom menu options don't exist without the rest of the mod.
kadu522
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by kadu522 »

You can use the mon's pack standalone from the core mod. But as you said it does not show its menu.

It will show its dificulty selection's however and if you add other suported mods then the mon's menu should show up.

Enjoy!
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

SergeantDiggs wrote:Anyone else God Mode whenever the Bruiser Brothers show up?
I used to, but honestly, they melt real quickly with a good plasma weapon. I'm more concerned when the Agony Elemental shows up.

A Nightmare Archvile in the back of a group of enemies, however, is something that will at the very least make me start save scumming. Sometimes, there just isn't enough room to run.

Also, this mod has made me realize how much mappers these days rely too much on chaingunners and revenants. Heavy/nightmare revenants and minigunners with no cover is the bane of my existence right now.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Nightmare Archviles are pretty easy to bait. their attacks gets stuck if you run out of their LoS, and should you be unable to stop it from happening, you can either A. run and jump forward at full force to escape the blast, or B. unload everything to kill him, which stops the fireblast from spawning. also, enough fire resistance makes the attack useless, i think Commando Armor is enough to protect against it, anything higher will likely make you immune to all of its damage output.

Bruiser Brothers can be tough and relentless, but they have a lot less health compared to other bosses to compensate. if you have a strong enough weapon, like a VBFG, you could try and kill them both at the same time. if you can't kill them at the same time, you'll have to keep your distance and unload into the remaining one until it drops, possibly by risking another VBFG shot that should instakill it. if there's enough room, you can dodge its attacks fairly easy. if it turns legendary (or god forbid, both of them!), you'll have to be a lot more careful with how you approach it. fire resistance also helps out a lot.

they can be a big "oh shit" moment if you encounter them early on and don't have the tools to deal with them. other bosses that i find tough to deal with are the Nightmare Mastermind (very aggressive, hard to track, can't get close for a killing blow), Agony Elemental (if you can't deal with the hordes it spawns it'll easily overwhelm you), Nightmare Cyberdemon (snipes you from afar and does a good job at swatting you close up with its redirecting shots), and of course the Abominant (massive health pool, can snipe you from afar, hard to track, has an attack that'll tear you apart, and has very hard to read shots that comes out fast and tracks you).
Take One

Post by Take One »

Churrupez wrote:-Both Plasma Rifles Mk. II gets affected with the Marine's "higher firerates" passive, but they don't get affected by Ammochain
It's a slightly odd weapon. As it is when you assemble it, it doesn't fire fast enough to be considered automatic for Ammochain, but adding a Firestorm mod raises it enough that it does, and then Ammochain starts working. I just imagine that it'd be awkward to say "Ammochain (but only when Firestorm modded)" in the PDA. In a probably more subjective sense, I'm not sure if it's really worth it, because a Firestorm mod is quite an expensive price to pay (basically making it a Master assembly for the Marine) when there are other automatic weapons that have at least as good a DPS for fewer mod packs, just basic mod packs, or no mod packs.

Speaking of assemblies, I noticed earlier that the assembly-printing allmap pickups still display the old PATT assembly for Plasma Infusion in the "new assembly learned" text instead of the new PATS one.

I'm also not sure if this is a problem with DRLA because I've only been playing with DRLA (just DRLA itself and the monster pack, no other mods running), recently, and it's too rare to specifically test for it, but I've had two times in the last couple of weeks where I've been playing a somewhat large map (Map32 in Plutonia CMP and Map27 in Community Chest 2) and, after about twenty minutes or so, the framerate suddenly just tanked to an average of 1-2 FPS and stayed there no matter what I did for as long as I was in that map. I have a decently powerful PC, so it shouldn't be a resource problem. Excuse me if I've missed a bug announcement or fix in a GZDoom update or something, but I thought that I'd mention it here, just in case something in the mod is getting confused. If I get this problem again without DRLA running, I'll post it as an actual bug report and Yholl can laugh at me or something.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

That framerate death is almost certainly due to the presence of one or more Nightmare Elementals on the map. They passively emit Lost Souls (and occasionally Nightmare Souls) when they're active but can't see you, such as when they're waiting in a teleporter closet.
Lost Souls in DRLA don't actually get entirely removed on death like vanilla ones do. Elemental-spawned ones do... except due to an oversight, they still actually don't. So that adds up after a while.
You can fix the problem by opening up the console and typing

Code: Select all

Remove RLLostSoul
Of course, this does have the side effect of deleting every single lost soul on the entire map, even the non-spawned ones, so don't do it unless your FPS actually starts tanking.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”