DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
FollowTheDamnTrain

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by FollowTheDamnTrain »

Tohg7. wrote:Fist Kills would build up a berserk meter and fists would deal more damage.
The unfinished Commando class does exactly that.

You can actually already test it by starting a game, then going to Options -> Player Setup, changing the class to "Commando" and then switching maps via "idclev" or console command. It's super fun. If you come across a Gothic Armor set and an Onyx mod, nothing will stop you and you can basically finish the game using melee only (except for lvl 30).
With that said, his description says he's got 10% damage resistance, but it seems to be more than that to me, he's basically a tank.
Spoiler:
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:Also, I've discovered something interesting: It seems that Legendary Abominants don't respond to infighting. I was facing one on level 8, in that room with the barons. I made them fight each other, and then helped the Barons while having invulnerability on, and then once the Abominant became legendary, I used a phase device to teleport out of the room. He ceased any attacks, but the barons kept attacking him without repercussions, and after a few minutes, they eventually killed him. I was able to reproduce this. Once I got back into the Abominants' sight, he resumed his attacks, so it seems that Legendary Abominants only ever target players but not other monsters.
I believe that unless the legendary monster acquired its target before becoming legendary, it will not infight. This applies to all legendary enemies(!)

also, as for the tanky commando - if i read the earlier posts right, he becomes berserk after filling a meter? Either way, berserk provides huge damage resistance while it is active (when you've picked one up and the powerup meter hasn't emptied), to mimic DRL's berserk.
Tohg7.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tohg7. »

Recently, i've came up with an idea on a "Gib blood amount reduction" option, this option would go from "100%" to 75% to 50% and eventually to no blood. What are your thoughts on this?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:but...a melee oriented class seems kind of lacking cause there aren't that many dedicated melee weapons/armours in the game as of yet.
Well, obviously when they get finished will be the same update as all the melee weapons, wouldn't it? I'm not gonna just toss them out into the game without any toys to play with.
Machine-Reaper wrote:also I would like it if it was Female character instead of male just for variety.
No, all the characters are quite set in stone at this point. There are four female characters planned though, and I hope to be able to start bringing them in after Commando is finished.
FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:Also, I've discovered something interesting: It seems that Legendary Abominants don't respond to infighting.
That applies to any Legendary monster, they don't infight. Normally nothing would try to fight them either, but in this case, things were already fighting it when it transformed, and so they just kept doing so while the Abominant ignored them.
Tartlman wrote:also, as for the tanky commando - if i read the earlier posts right, he becomes berserk after filling a meter?
Commando goes berserk if you gib enemies in melee, or you take too many hits in a short amount of time.
Tohg7. wrote:Recently, i've came up with an idea on a "Gib blood amount reduction" option, this option would go from "100%" to 75% to 50% and eventually to no blood. What are your thoughts on this?
The more things I jam into something as common as blood, the slower it'll make them, so it could end up having the opposite effect. You can already reduce gibs at least.
FollowTheDamnTrain

Tartlman wrote:also, as for the tanky commando - if i read the earlier posts right, he becomes berserk after filling a meter? Either way, berserk provides huge damage resistance while it is active (when you've picked one up and the powerup meter hasn't emptied), to mimic DRL's berserk.
Interesting, I guess that explains it then!
Yholl wrote:That applies to any Legendary monster, they don't infight. Normally nothing would try to fight them either, but in this case, things were already fighting it when it transformed, and so they just kept doing so while the Abominant ignored them.
I see that. I was under a wrong impression then - when I fought a legendary Cybie in the same room, I could've sworn he would fight the barons...

Question: Does the "Generic Armor" ever spawn? I have seen it in the item test room, but I haven't seen it spawn a single time.
I think it has a cool silver-ish look to it.
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:Question: Does the "Generic Armor" ever spawn? I have seen it in the item test room, but I haven't seen it spawn a single time.
Nah, it's like, the template that all armors are based off of. It just happens to also be completely functional, because I found that to be funny.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:No, all the characters are quite set in stone at this point. There are four female characters planned though, and I hope to be able to start bringing them in after Commando is finished.
Spoiler:
Tohg7.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tohg7. »

I was wondering if you think it would be a good idea to add an "Axe" weapon?
FollowTheDamnTrain

Yholl wrote:Nah, it's like, the template that all armors are based off of. It just happens to also be completely functional, because I found that to be funny.
I almost assumed that...
When I saw it's sprite I thought "hmm, now some gold armor and diamond armor in here... oh wait, nvm".
Machine-Reaper wrote:move over Demo, your Babushka is here!
Special Abilities:
-Explosive weapons don't need reloading.
-1% chance of triggering "From Russia With Guns" mode for one level.
-All powerup spheres are FireBlu spheres.

:mrgreen:
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote: Special Abilities:
-Explosive weapons don't need reloading.
-1% chance of triggering "From Russia With Guns" mode for one level.
-All powerup spheres are FireBlu spheres.

Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

- starts with torgue set
- fireblu causes frame perfect armor activation with no cooldown
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Tartlman wrote:- starts with torgue set
- fireblu causes frame perfect armor activation with no cooldown
the armour needs updates to its description for the ability to become Michael Bay after getting a certain Powerup while wearing it.

god this mod can go places
FollowTheDamnTrain

If you take the Arti modpack and apply it to weapons that don't support further mods, it still gives you the message as if you successfully applied it, the modpack disappears from your inventory, but the weapon doesn't seem to change in any way. Is this intentional to mislead the player?
Spoiler:
Last edited by FollowTheDamnTrain on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:If you take the Arti modpack and apply it to weapons that don't support further mods, it still gives you the message as if you successfully applied it, the modpack disappears from your inventory, but the weapon doesn't seem to change in any way. Is this intentional to mislead the player?

its not intentional to mislead the player, the Mod pack applies random number of mods to any weapon irregardless it supports further mods or not.

I do wish it could apply more mods then a weapon can support making it very very awesome and insane.
FollowTheDamnTrain

Machine-Reaper wrote: its not intentional to mislead the player, the Mod pack applies random number of mods to any weapon irregardless it supports further mods or not.
Actually, I think it applies exactly as many mods as your weapon supports.

In weapons that support 4 mods, it always seems to apply 4 random mods from my experience, in weapons that support 2 mods, it applies 2 etc. So the choice of mods is random, but the number is effectively always the maximum amount. But in weapons that don't support any further mods, that maximum amount is obviously zero, so it's basically a waste.
Machine-Reaper wrote: I do wish it could apply more mods then a weapon can support making it very very awesome and insane.
Had the same thought earlier! That'd be fantastic. I think it'd be justified too, given that the Arti mod is incredibly rare.

Imagine a power-modded plasma refractor. Good lord. :mrgreen:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”