DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
sebastianali
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by sebastianali »

affandede wrote:Try Doom RPG SE.
doom rpg se needs gzdoom 3.7.0 (open gl 3.0) and net framework 4.7
im only have opengl 2.1 and net framework 4.5 so doom rpg se doesn´t run for me... :evil:
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

What is the difference in appeal between the Gauss Rifle and the Anti-Materiel Rifle? They are both long-range, slow-firing weapons that deal devastating damage per shot, and both of them use bullets for ammo. The only difference is that Gauss Rifle allows you to charge your shots, the Anti-Materiel Rifle reloads faster, and I think the Gauss Rifle has railgun piercing properties, but these are hardly distinct enough for me to have a clear choice on which I should try to obtain. At least for me, I think it would make more sense if Gauss Rifle used cells instead of bullets, and that would give it a strong enough distinction to give it a clear pro/con when compared to the Anti-Materiel Rifle.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Soul Sucka wrote:What is the difference in appeal between the Gauss Rifle and the Anti-Materiel Rifle? They are both long-range, slow-firing weapons that deal devastating damage per shot, and both of them use bullets for ammo. The only difference is that Gauss Rifle allows you to charge your shots, the Anti-Materiel Rifle reloads faster, and I think the Gauss Rifle has railgun piercing properties, but these are hardly distinct enough for me to have a clear choice on which I should try to obtain. At least for me, I think it would make more sense if Gauss Rifle used cells instead of bullets, and that would give it a strong enough distinction to give it a clear pro/con when compared to the Anti-Materiel Rifle.
I was going to say "The Gauss rifle does use cells, though" until I reloaded my save and just determined that it, in fact, uses bullets. I think that might be a bug as it used to use cells, but I could be wrong.

The piercing quality does make me favor the Gauss rifle, though. Nothing like lining up a bunch of Mancubus-Hell Knight-Revenant-tier enemies and gibbing them with one well-timed shot.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

after using the gauss rifle, i can say that it is still different from the AMR
i checked the code too

gauss rifle
damage is more consistent, with a base damage of 300 to 1300 depending on charge, with 0-100 added on
total damage output is 1300-1400 damage per shot, multiplied by how many enemies you hit

anti materiel rifle
6 bullets with no spread, each doing 100 base damage, with normal doom hitscan randomization
total damage output is 600-1800, strictly limited to upwards of 6 enemies

each uses 10 bullets per shot
so make what you will of this information

except if you have the nuke pa set, then just go with the gauss
trust me
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Anyone know how you're supposed to kill those lightning-spewing cacodemons with the little lightning ball circling them? I've killed this one at least four times and it keeps coming back from the dead~ :shock:
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Destroy the ball that's circling it before you kill the caco itself.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Funky Gnoll wrote:Destroy the ball that's circling it before you kill the caco itself.
Oh, there we go. Thanks buddy.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

dear Marty
you killed my ironman run
just when i started to get good stuff
you are the worst
pleas don't hurt me
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Yo Yholl I appreciate that there's a lot of options of making the game difficult, but there don't seem to be too many options to make it difficult by scarcity. Some sort of mod to drastically reduce drops of both weapons, armor and modpacks and remove the semi-guarantee of getting a set after you get the first part.

Also I found the adaptive difficulty to be lacking in the end. It ramps up way too slow. I have a full modded unique set, 2 extremely powerful sets of armor (Nuclear Power armor+Malek), map25 and it's still throwing mostly lower-tier difficulty monsters at me. Sure, you could just say "yeah just play Armageddon", but I actually don't like seeing the same monsters over and over. I'd prefer a difficulty where I get 70% armageddon's and 30% everything else or something like that.

Not trying to pressure you or anything, but it would be nice if you threw us masochistic grinders a bit of a bone every now and then.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

comet1337 wrote:dear Marty
you killed my ironman run
just when i started to get good stuff
you are the worst
pleas don't hurt me
is Marty the only boss you encounter? (encountered him upto 3 times in 12 map run)

I mean he is pretty easy to beat, just keep side strafing and he won't be able to hit you.

I've found the 666 Archvile to be more threatening and Cyberdermon MK 2 is a Handicapped Cyberdemon with lack of melee attack to boot.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

found another exploit
you can keep the gothic set punches without the armor/boots if you don't let go of left click after you start swinging
lwks

Post by lwks »

Yholl wrote:An assembly is not always an upgrade
What does this means? That some Assemblies are supposed to be bad? For exemple, I have assembled a Dual Uzi, and I think that the fact that they take three Assemblies just to be allowed to spit more of the same weak rounds and faster before reloading isn't something worth of three assemblies, even less when you realise that you're reducing the gun accuracy on top of that, and then you'll be getting a weapon that can receive only ONE mod. I think the Dual Uzis could get away with only two assemblies, because then you'd be able to put two mods on it, making it slightly less $h!tty. (Not to mention that for some reason this weapon goes against the description of the Storm Pistol, which says that "two shots" consumes only one ammo, because each shot consumes ammo normally making it TWO downsides, maybe it's so it doesn't get broken with the Marine???)

Edit: Also, is there a "Small Shotgun" planned for the Scout, like the one there's on Payday 2 for Low Concealment builds?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The Shredder Pistol counts as one, if I recall, though due to the rate of fire, it is one of those less affected by Marksman.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

yholl
bad stuff happened
i was wearing powered green armor and got hit by a rocket when it was regenerating

the repulsion wave suit doesn't seem to do anything
doesn't push back projectiles or monsters of any kind
just makes noise and shakes your screen a bit
lwks

Post by lwks »

Also, The Ripper doesn't drain health from Legendary enemies, is that intended?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”