DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

4thcharacter wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:Just search for Doom RLA wiki on google and you will find all the assemblies there~

*edit Here! >>> http://doom-rpg-rla.wikia.com/wiki/Assemblies <<<

this should be put in the first post

Shoot, I forgot this one. But I don't think Yholl would like everyone to see the assembly list from the start and want everyone to find stuff on their own, still it's up to him.
HESOYAM~
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

4thcharacter wrote:Shoot, I forgot this one. But I don't think Yholl would like everyone to see the assembly list from the start and want everyone to find stuff on their own, still it's up to him.
It's fine, the wiki will be more or less redundant when I'm finished with 1.1 anyway, heh.
RickStrong wrote:It's confusing to me because at first you say "designed for Zdoom 2.8.1 and GZdoom 2.1.1", saying it can't be supported on newer versions, but then you say in the description, "This mod needs the latest Zdoom svn builds to run".
Ah goddamn it, one of them escaped me. Sorry about that, I thought I'd purged all references to the svns from the main post. The bold text is correct.
RickStrong wrote:And maybe I'm daft but I'm pretty sure the monster pack had a different requirement as well but maybe you changed it/never was there in the first place.
It's never had a different requirement, hehe.
RickStrong wrote:Not trying to be antagonistic, just want to be clear with what I meant. I love this mod and have been trying to get it to work in different ways for a while now.
Nah, I'm glad you brought it up, there have been some bits I've overlooked in the main post before that have confused people, so the more of them I purge, the better.

Basically, it's designed for ZDoom 2.8.1/GZDoom 2.1.1, which are more or less the same version as each other, even though the numbers are vastly different.
It's guaranteed to work on those, and it's possible it'll work on later versions, but there are no guarantees it'll be working correctly. The current public build apparently crashes and stuff in much later versions, according to others.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:It's fine, the wiki will be more or less redundant when I'm finished with 1.1 anyway, heh.
I was thinking of adding Supply Crate Anomalies to the wiki for better understanding but I guess I should wait now just incase~
MasterOfPuppets86

Post by MasterOfPuppets86 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:Just search for Doom RLA wiki on google and you will find all the assemblies there~

*edit Here! >>> http://doom-rpg-rla.wikia.com/wiki/Assemblies <<<

this should be put in the first post

Shoot, I forgot this one. But I don't think Yholl would like everyone to see the assembly list from the start and want everyone to find stuff on their own, still it's up to him.
HESOYAM~
You people do know you can just spam "give allmap" in the console to get all the assemblies, right?
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

I had half a mind to say that but didn't act.
Yholl wrote:It's fine, the wiki will be more or less redundant when I'm finished with 1.1 anyway, heh.
Are you implying new assemblies other than the ones mentioned here? What are you hiding up that sleeve Yholl?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Tranthula wrote:Are you implying new assemblies other than the ones mentioned here? What are you hiding up that sleeve Yholl?
Well, Zeus Cannon and Energysaw have their own assemblies now, but that's not what I was talking about.
1.1 has the PDA, which stores assembly info in it. Even between playthroughs, it'll keep a record of all the assemblies you have learnt, as well as exotic modpack effects.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Yholl wrote:That's not what I was talking about.
1.1 has the PDA, which stores assembly info in it. Even between playthroughs, it'll keep a record of all the assemblies you have learnt, as well as exotic modpack effects.
I really wish someone told me that earlier, before i independently implemented the same functionality on my own.

Eh, it's not the first time. Probably not the last either.

Well, more the reason to keep everything to myself until i see 1.1, right?

And just to think that had i started, like, a year ago, i might have ended up contributing to Arsenal...
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Yholl wrote:Basically, it's designed for ZDoom 2.8.1/GZDoom 2.1.1, which are more or less the same version as each other, even though the numbers are vastly different.
It's guaranteed to work on those, and it's possible it'll work on later versions, but there are no guarantees it'll be working correctly. The current public build apparently crashes and stuff in much later versions, according to others.
About that, it is launchable on Gzdoom 3.0.0+, except that equipping any armor whatsoever causes a sort of crash, at least for me, that doesn't give a message, no log either. Game just up and "closes" (It's still open, you can hear the current level music still playing, gotta kill the process to stop it.) As well as spitting script warnings on most, if not all the weapons. :blergh:

So yeah, just use Gzdoom 2.1.1 for now. Or forever, depends on whether Yholl can fix this or not.

EDIT: Script warnings are spat out during when it's loading. Also, you can use Zdoom 2.8.1 (I think that's the version Yholl was talking about.)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

storing assembly info sounds fun! it should hopefully discourage peeking into the inner workings and learning all the assemblies from the get-go.

will automaps keep giving you random assembly blueprints that you already have though?
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

amv2k9 wrote:Tried making an Ancient Aliens-friendly projectile sprite for the Arachnotron. It doesn't conform exactly to the palette; I had to cheat a bit, as I think DRLA's projectile sprite uses >16 colors.
Sgt. Shivers wrote:Would you mind if we used this in Final Doomer?
Sure, you can use it!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I tried to run it in GZdoom 3.1.0, but I got so many error messages, I have to use a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/VE4zfkFr
StarController

Post by StarController »

As I play DRPG +RLA +Monster Pack, I find myself fantasizing about playing through heretic or hexen with my doom character. It would be so satisfying to fill one of those iron liches with high speed lead.

I'm not asking anyone to do this, I'm sure it'd be a big project.
Hypothetically though, what would have to be changed? I'm not a modder myself, but I imagine I'd have to recreate the doom HUD for heretic, and add all the base doom resources, ammo types, weapons, etc, so it could be run with the different IWAD.

Am I the only one that wants this?
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

AvzinElkein wrote:I tried to run it in GZdoom 3.1.0, but I got so many error messages, I have to use a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/VE4zfkFr
This mod is designed for GZDoom 2.1.1 and ZDoom 2.8.1, so newer versions aren't supported. It still runs mostly fine though, although the weapon menu crashes the game and rad suits don't seem to work.

I personally hope the next version doesn't have any major issues with current GZDoom though...!
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Soul Sucka wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:I tried to run it in GZdoom 3.1.0, but I got so many error messages, I have to use a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/VE4zfkFr
This mod is designed for GZDoom 2.1.1 and ZDoom 2.8.1, so newer versions aren't supported. It still runs mostly fine though, although the weapon menu crashes the game and rad suits don't seem to work.

I personally hope the next version doesn't have any major issues with current GZDoom though...!
That and equipping armor crashes. Wonder why exactly all the wackiness actually happens with the latest version?
I guess:
Spoiler:
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

GZDoom 2.2.0 and above has a lot of problems for just being new...

I mean many map packs created recently before and after release of ZDoom 2.8.1 have weird HOM effects on them in several areas.

GZDoom 2.2.0
Spoiler:
GZDoom 2.1.0
Spoiler:
I think its the same thing as compatibility of Win 7 and Win 10 of old and new stuff

EDIT*
this problem is not present GZDoom 3.0.1~

Return to “Gameplay Mods”