DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Churrupez

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Churrupez »

-Firestorm-modded Unknown Herald doesn't seem to work as intended (it says...
Spoiler:
but it just shoots faster.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:all of the nanomachic weapons makes a bit of noise each time they fire. i think it's supposed to represent the nanocore inside the weapon producing new ammo on the fly. i don't think the battle rifle's firing sound is any different aside from that though.
Something like that, yeah.
Churrupez wrote:I see, it's just that that noise sounded almost like "static" (as if it was low quality) when I used it, other Nano weapons that I used sounded fine. Maybe it's just me.
All of them make that sound.
Churrupez wrote:-Sharpnel Cannon's Mods page says a Firestorm mod increases it's fire rate, but it does nothing. Maybe it gets a shotgun-like (pushback-close damage) bonus?
Looks like the actual effect is increased projectile speed, along with a point blank blast like F-modded shotguns.
Churrupez wrote:-Firestorm-modded Unknown Herald doesn't seem to work as intended (it says fires 2 spreads at once) but it just shoots faster.
They're not at the same time, they're two tics apart.
Churrupez

Post by Churrupez »

Yholl wrote:
Churrupez wrote:-Firestorm-modded Unknown Herald doesn't seem to work as intended (it says fires 2 spreads at once) but it just shoots faster.
They're not at the same time, they're two tics apart.
I've tested it and it's only glitched the way I described if you use it with a Scout. It works as intended if you use it with the other classes.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Churrupez wrote:I've tested it and it's only glitched the way I described if you use it with a Scout. It works as intended if you use it with the other classes.
Wow, you're right, thanks for the heads up! That was maaaaassively broken, it's fixed now for 1.1.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

First of all Great job with this mod , This is Imo the best mod ever made for doom! Been blasting monsters left, right and center with your mod only for the past 2 years or so XD. Got all the classes minus one at level 70+ And today im here to talk about this class... Im talking here about Mr demolitionist... and its weapon of choice... Rocket weapon. Its actually really a good weapon type for from normal and hard but nightmare and over you just don't wanna use a launcher weapon and the main problem is the Defense aura , at higher levels it literally bounce the projectile off them rendering your good weapon useless and often killing you in the process since the bouncing projectile can go straight back on you (since you wanna jump in the fray to use your ability at its fullest) Also some monster (Like them Bruiser brothers) seem to be 100% immune to rocket whatever their auras are and don't get me started on Assasination missions... just skip em with this class... Also, yes im aware of its other ability that take half non shotty ammo when reloading but even there the damage dealt with these weapon often is not enough to kill a Boss monster since its regen if off the chart (also more often than not high tier bosses are immune to weaken and aura steal it seem) =\. I suggest making held explosive weapons of a demolitionist (nothing else) Bypass aura or explosive immunities to the cost of +25% defense for the monster that have said aura / immunity (would balance them and make rocket launcher relevant in end game... now im just runnign around with a super machinegun a gatling lazer and a drone launcher... not very demoman like tbh... ^^''
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

...so I assume you don't plan on updating this mod for newer versions, like 3.3.0?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:...so I assume you don't plan on updating this mod for newer versions, like 3.3.0?
It's being worked on. It's just taking a long time because there is A LOT of stuff going on with it behind the scenes.
Take One

Post by Take One »

Demiosis wrote:First of all Great job with this mod , This is Imo the best mod ever made for doom! Been blasting monsters left, right and center with your mod only for the past 2 years or so XD. Got all the classes minus one at level 70+ And today im here to talk about this class... Im talking here about Mr demolitionist... and its weapon of choice... Rocket weapon. Its actually really a good weapon type for from normal and hard but nightmare and over you just don't wanna use a launcher weapon and the main problem is the Defense aura , at higher levels it literally bounce the projectile off them rendering your good weapon useless and often killing you in the process since the bouncing projectile can go straight back on you (since you wanna jump in the fray to use your ability at its fullest) Also some monster (Like them Bruiser brothers) seem to be 100% immune to rocket whatever their auras are and don't get me started on Assasination missions... just skip em with this class... Also, yes im aware of its other ability that take half non shotty ammo when reloading but even there the damage dealt with these weapon often is not enough to kill a Boss monster since its regen if off the chart (also more often than not high tier bosses are immune to weaken and aura steal it seem) =\. I suggest making held explosive weapons of a demolitionist (nothing else) Bypass aura or explosive immunities to the cost of +25% defense for the monster that have said aura / immunity (would balance them and make rocket launcher relevant in end game... now im just runnign around with a super machinegun a gatling lazer and a drone launcher... not very demoman like tbh... ^^''
Most of these features (levels, auras, missions, bosses, etc.) are features of Doom RPG, not RLA, so Yholl can't really do much about that. Not that you're wrong - some of those bosses are horrific to fight on your own.

Also, one of the Demo's skills is to use half ammo for any non-shell weapon that uses more than one ammo per shot/reload, so super machineguns and drone launchers still fit him perfectly! The drone launcher's already incredibly powerful, so making it as cheap to use as he does makes it pretty ridiculous.
Mr. Fancy Pants

Post by Mr. Fancy Pants »

I would kill to get a gore mod based just around how it behaves in the Monster pack. Spectres bleeding black is a beautiful sight.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Mr. Fancy Pants wrote:I would kill to get a gore mod based just around how it behaves in the Monster pack. Spectres bleeding black is a beautiful sight.
Unfortunately stuff like that is tied to the monster specifically, I couldn't get it to be more universal.

DRLA uses a slightly modified NashGore, with some extra mirrored and rotated gibs (I thiiink SidDoyle helped me with this, it was so long ago) and momentum-based gibbing (thanks to Kate and Kyle873). Monsters like the Spectre actually bleed their own special blood, so you wouldn't be able to make it standalone; they have to be modified to release their fuzzy blood and guts.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

...a shame I'd have to downgrade if I wanted to play this mod (I'm using 3.3.1)...
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

AvzinElkein wrote:...a shame I'd have to downgrade if I wanted to play this mod (I'm using 3.3.1)...
My mods being designed for ZDoom 2.8.1/GZDoom 2.1.1 doesn't mean they won't run in future versions, it simply means that they are what I develop the mod on. There are a few people that play DRLA in modern versions, and as far as I know, it's been running well. I know that 1.05 has had some issues with certain versions of GZDoom, but apparently whatever they were got fixed, so you should be fine.

All it really means is that if something breaks in newer versions, but not in the target versions, it's not my problem and I likely won't fix it unless it's trivial.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

it works perfectly in latest GZDoom build.

and all the menus also return with separate mod options section in the options.

there will be warnings but nothing will go wrong
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Hi!
I managed to make Weapon Menu compatible with DoomRL Arsenal! All 217 weapons! It may help when you have many weapons in one slot and to quickly see what weapons you have.
rockthemike13

Post by rockthemike13 »

Within the past week I have reignited my Doom addiction. I stumbled upon this mod, and have been using it in junction with a mapset I've always been meaning to try, Epic 2.

I have been having the time of my life! I think I've had more fun playing your mod set than any $60 game I've purchased in years. My wife is getting super agitated with me (for being an addict the past couple days). Do you take donations or any thing?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”