DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: [WIP] DoomRL Arsenal - Beta 1

Post by Yholl »

Gouanaco wrote:With this Wad/Mega-Wad/Mod

can i still load other maps to use the mod with?

Like say i wanted to load that wad/map that randomly generates its self?

cause it seems that your mod at the moment uses the vanillia Doom maps.
But if it was randomly generated that would be cool :D
The only things this mod alters are the weapons, and the placements for certain items, it contains no levels (Except for the super secret testland.) It was designed to be compatible with almost any mapset you wish to play on, so the only maps I'd worry about would be ones that include their own weapons, or have heavy scripting.

Hmm, I might just get Oblige to generate some new levels for myself, see if I get any fun gems out of it.
Average

Post by Average »

Hey there's an idea! Would it be possible to add some sort of custom Oblige/Obhack to generate random maps. You could introduce levelling up other character traits and permadeath with obits. That would be super cool. :)
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Average wrote:permadeath
Completely impossible in ZDoom, it'd have to be something the player enforces on themselves.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I can't seem to drop weapons to pick up others.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Valherran wrote:I can't seem to drop weapons to pick up others.
You might have to check your controls, you need to bind a key to the Zoom function.
Average wrote:Hey there's an idea! Would it be possible to add some sort of custom Oblige/Obhack to generate random maps. You could introduce levelling up other character traits and permadeath with obits. That would be super cool. :)
The only thing here I can think of would be to have some sort of .bat file that runs Oblige, generates a new mapset, then runs ZDoom with DoomRL Arsenal and that mapset loaded. It would be far too unwieldy, might as well run Oblige manually.

I don't even know what an obit is... :?
Gouanaco

Post by Gouanaco »

Yholl wrote:
Gouanaco wrote:With this Wad/Mega-Wad/Mod

can i still load other maps to use the mod with?

Like say i wanted to load that wad/map that randomly generates its self?

cause it seems that your mod at the moment uses the vanillia Doom maps.
But if it was randomly generated that would be cool :D
The only things this mod alters are the weapons, and the placements for certain items, it contains no levels (Except for the super secret testland.) It was designed to be compatible with almost any mapset you wish to play on, so the only maps I'd worry about would be ones that include their own weapons, or have heavy scripting.

Hmm, I might just get Oblige to generate some new levels for myself, see if I get any fun gems out of it.
So how would one do such a thing? (Use other maps?)
Because i frankly have no idea how?

I know it must be some console command but i cant think what?
:D
Never-mind I Figured out how.

Awesome!

I playing with slige levels (Random Levels)
Using DoomRL !! :D
+ Bots
Awesome!! XD
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

You might have to check your controls, you need to bind a key to the Zoom function.
... Why is it in the zoom function and not the drop weapon function? O.o
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

To confirm, the mag capacity on doom rl is 1, and it takes quite a while to reload. and, as you said, it needs a nerf :P
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Valherran wrote:
... Why is it in the zoom function and not the drop weapon function? O.o
Because the Drop Weapon function drops weapons and nothing else, therefore completely and utterly breaking the mod. All Zoom does is call a state, so I can do anything with that.

Yeah, it's still a really stupid key to put it on though... :lol:
doomer1 wrote:To confirm, the mag capacity on doom rl is 1, and it takes quite a while to reload. and, as you said, it needs a nerf :P
The Rocket Launcher may fire slower, but it does ridiculous damage now. I actually find it better now, well, except for when I blow myself up because the radius damage is horror.

EDIT: Updated main post with a Latest News section, where I can talk about the newest developments with the mod.
AdmiralAjax

Post by AdmiralAjax »

Yholl wrote:I don't even know what an obit is... :?
It's the text file generated when you die in a RL.
President People

Post by President People »

Yholl wrote:I don't even know what an obit is... :?
Shorthand for Obituary.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Found a bug while building a marine to have all the bullets ever by carrying the biggest bullet firing weapons I could get my hands on, all of them loaded up to capacity with bulk mods. Anyways, I had assembled a gatling gun and when I picked up a fresh chaingun it still had the extra bullets in the magazine from before I assembled the gatling gun. It fired normally, and it wouldn't let me reload until I was below its normal maximum of 40. Not a huge deal but I figured I should mention it regardless. Having a blast with this mod so far, keep up the good work.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

Hillarious glitch found:

Try the assault minigun. WTF?
EDIT: What does the assault mod do exactly?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

insightguy wrote:What does the assault mod do exactly?
It makes a weapon semi-automatic and a lot more accurate. It's kinda worthless to the Marine class seeing as how he performs best with full-automatic weapons but for other classes, particularly the Scout, it might be handy to keep an Assault Laser Rifle on hand.

Oh, and another bug. The muzzle flare is messed up on the High Power Pistol, using the flare from the vanilla Doom pistol as opposed to what it probably should be using. Most likely just an error in sprite naming.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

twinkieman93 wrote:Found a bug while building a marine to have all the bullets ever by carrying the biggest bullet firing weapons I could get my hands on, all of them loaded up to capacity with bulk mods. Anyways, I had assembled a gatling gun and when I picked up a fresh chaingun it still had the extra bullets in the magazine from before I assembled the gatling gun. It fired normally, and it wouldn't let me reload until I was below its normal maximum of 40. Not a huge deal but I figured I should mention it regardless. Having a blast with this mod so far, keep up the good work.
Unfortunately not a bug, individual guns aren't tracked at all, just the type of gun, so if you fire a weapon, discard it, then find another of that weapon, the magazine will be exactly the same as when you fired it before. If it weren't for the fact that mods are stripped from weapons when you dropped them, if you picked up another gun it would also have the same mods on it. And yes, you can't reload a weapon that had it's magazine bulked up until it drops to it's current maximum magazine size. I'm glad you're enjoying the mod, I hope to deploy more good work for you to play with in Beta 2 soon.
insightguy wrote:Hillarious glitch found:

Try the assault minigun. WTF?
EDIT: What does the assault mod do exactly?
twinkieman93 wrote: It makes a weapon semi-automatic and a lot more accurate.
Exactly, makes the weapon semi-auto and reduces shot spread by half for hitscan weaponry, and reduces spread on projectiles to nothing. Mostly because they are super accurate anyway. Also increases damage by 1.
Yeah, the Assault Minigun is super weird, took me ages to get it working properly. Think of it as a snipey rifle of some sort, with a clip of ungodly proportions. XD
twinkieman93 wrote:Oh, and another bug. The muzzle flare is messed up on the High Power Pistol, using the flare from the vanilla Doom pistol as opposed to what it probably should be using. Most likely just an error in sprite naming.
goddamnbloodythingiknewiforgotsomethingrazzlefrazzle...

Thanks a bundle for pointing that stupid mistake out, fixed for Beta 2. I changed the pistol sprites a short while before Beta release, and obviously I did not fix the High Power version of it. How clever of me.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”