DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:just make sure there's maybe a slight delay before the cybie explodes, and that you can pass through it. otherwise, stuff like the E4M2 Cyberdemon is going to be impossible to get away from when you telefrag him.
Machine-Reaper wrote:tho yes he will have a delay before exploding as his cell/core will first heat up and then rupture and then explode however its upto Yholl to decide if he pops like the barrel or not.
Yeah, the explosion has quite a lengthy buildup time to it, if you've never seen that in DoomRPG. I can also make it so that if he's telefragged, he becomes non-solid so you can escape, hehehe.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yholl wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:what is better? a Nuclear Core or no core?
One thing that doesn't really see the light of day anymore, is the effect of the Blue aura from DoomRPG. Cyberdemons go into overload when killed and go off like small nukes.
With Doorpeg being ded, it's not really being used anymore, so I'd love a chance to reuse it on something.
Doesn't Neural Stunner cause that too on normal Cyberdemons?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

4thcharacter wrote:
Yholl wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:what is better? a Nuclear Core or no core?
One thing that doesn't really see the light of day anymore, is the effect of the Blue aura from DoomRPG. Cyberdemons go into overload when killed and go off like small nukes.
With Doorpeg being ded, it's not really being used anymore, so I'd love a chance to reuse it on something.
Doesn't Neural Stunner cause that too on normal Cyberdemons?
Neural Stunner does nothing on Boss Demons : )
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Machine-Reaper wrote:Neural Stunner does nothing on Boss Demons : )

Huh? No, they do.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

hmmm..maybe I didn't hit it too much and give up in the middle, but hey Commander Keen didn't have to face 12 foot tall cybernetic demonic angry goat man with a rocket launcher for a arm...
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

4thcharacter wrote:Doesn't Neural Stunner cause that too on normal Cyberdemons?
Hahahah, I forgot I did that.

CRITICAL OVERLOAD
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Doom RPG page says that its current version is designed for a not-yet-out build of DRLA. Is it still not out?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

worldendDominator wrote:Doom RPG page says that its current version is designed for a not-yet-out build of DRLA. Is it still not out?
Nope. And we can't really give an estimate when it'll happen, either, since Yholl's got other stuff he's working on atm.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

so i made a couple changes and improvements to my old Super Sonic Doom compat patch. i'll just list all the changes overall, since people might've forgotten what i did:

- changed all SSD monsters, sans the enhanced variety, to check for the DRLA monsters. now DRLA enemies will spawn like they should (this does mean you cannot play without the monsters pack, though)
- changed a number of item spawns. armor monitors drop boots, pistols is the "all pistol" spawner (didn't feel that broken to me), red armors drop green armor spawns, extra lives drop megaspheres, blursphere monitors are supply crates, rocket launchers spawn like they should, and railguns are now Unique weapons.
- revenant turret projectiles are fixed, so they don't barf up specters now.
- added damage types to everything that didn't have it. this includes various fireballs, turret projectiles, mines and others. only one i didn't replace were the ones used during the spam minigame.

note there are a few issues running this with SSD, and with DRLA overall:

- the monitors may drop the proper items now, but the monitor item itself is still there, and stepping on it will remove the item (unavoidable given how the item spawns in the same place.) i don't know how to fix this.
- the rocket launcher's ammo is bugged, due to inheriting from the Phoenix Rod from Heretic. this gives the rocket launcher effectively infinite ammo once you start picking up FAC rockets. i also don't know how to fix this.
- replaced items prepped up in the air by chains are bugged, and will spawn on the floor instead. this is typically harmless, but breaks an area in map06 if you don't have a recall phase device (the regular phase device bugs the level out too. don't use phase devices on certain levels, as getting back to the beginning is sometimes impossible)
- the revenant turret missiles seems significantly more dangerous than in the original game, for some reason. the fire resistance should hopefully help mitigate this now though.
- the new colored keycards are just the skull keys, so getting the green card will display you got a blue skull, for example. i've been too lazy to fix this.
- the parts where your inventory is wiped are bugged. take off all your weapons, armor, boots and inventory before getting into those situations.
- the railgun being a unique weapon spawner can make some of the last parts of the game a lot harder than it normally is. if i knew how to do it, i'd edit those parts in to specifically spawn at least one railgun and some cell ammo. for now, use "summon rlrailgun" if the last third of the game is too hard for you

this should still be alot more playable than what was there before, though. just remember to load the monsters pack with this, or else it won't work properly (or just remove all the monster replacements, EXCEPT THE SPECTRE ONE.)
DRLA-SuperSonicDoom.wad
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I just want to ask something about DRPG, is there really a Technophobia event? I can't seem to get that event to appear. Checking the in-game's files suggests there's one thanks to a module track with that name, and it sounds real kickass too.

Also, might I also ask as well, are Trees and Doompimp used by something?
worldendDominator

There's no Technophobia event.
Here's the event display code from the teleporter menu:
Spoiler:
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

It seems like I've played all of the events then. And Technophobia's bestiary isn't complete yet, so maybe that's why Technophobia's not present.

Still that music's cool.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:"summon rlrailgun"
crime crime crime crime crime crime crime crime crime

Summon RLRailgunPickup is what you should use, don't spawn the weapon directly under any circumstances.
4thcharacter wrote:I just want to ask something about DRPG, is there really a Technophobia event? I can't seem to get that event to appear. Checking the in-game's files suggests there's one thanks to a module track with that name, and it sounds real kickass too.
It was a planned, but never made event. It involved replacing all the enemies with corrupted UAC robots and drones, it has nothing to do with DRLA's Technophobia difficulty.
4thcharacter wrote:Also, might I also ask as well, are Trees and Doompimp used by something?
Trees was also a planned silly event that filled the map with destructible trees that you had to break through, didn't get made though. PimpImps, I don't know, however.

I'm still a little sad I never got to make the other 5 megabosses, the first two were great fun.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yholl wrote:I'm still a little sad I never got to make the other 5 megabosses, the first two were great fun.
A part of me thinks that those megabosses would also do well in the DRLA monsterpack as a really really rare megaboss enemy. IIRC all of them had their own theme songs too. And the megabosses seems like they weren't just there, they also had their own specialties. Sloth would whittle you down with status effect, while Pride will just straight up weaken you a bit and kill you.

I would think that if other megabosses also existed they'd had their own specialties as well.
Yholl wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:"summon rlrailgun"
crime crime crime crime crime crime crime crime crime

Summon RLRailgunPickup is what you should use, don't spawn the weapon directly under any circumstances.
What's particularly wrong with this?
worldendDominator

4thcharacter wrote:What's particularly wrong with this?
Weapon pickups do important stuff like checking and increasing your weapon counter. If you summon and pick up the weapon itself, it won't count for the limit.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”