DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

Demiosis wrote:Hoo mighty Yholl, Would it be possible that High end weapons (Uniques,Legendary,Demonic) cannot spawn except when in late urban/hell?
I can bring up a counterpoint to this; you have to slog through 20 or so levels before you can even get the chance of finding something cool. Or, you're playing a single map.

I can theoretically do what you ask, but it'd be a bit hacky, and I don't really feel like it's something worthwhile, sorry.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

That is why I suggested having a switch for it , would mean everyone is happy. (people who play single maps, people who play megawads, progress lovers and people that wanna see everything right off the bat).

Also, it would make the Drpg mod much more interesting if you comply to this , as its stand it literally kill the progression feel when you're too lucky. (and its a mod that expect you to play 2-3 full megawads to reach the endgame with character save feature to keep your nifty guns and stats!)
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

What about...umm...you know, not picking up the overpowered guns? I don't get why Yholl would have to code this when it's literally THAT simple.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

@Killer2 / Princes Viscra Maelstorm What about multiplayer? One of the players will outright kill everything while the others will sit behind doing nothing or almost... I would need to babysit everyone making sure they do not pick up uniques/demonic early? Does not make sense to me..
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

You don't need to babysit people. Just set up a MOTD "You're not allowed to use X type guns, if you do you will be kicked", then kick people who misbehave. Easy.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

The mod is based around luck in the first place where you can have it anytime irregardless of your progression, that's the entire point, Colourful Hell for example is the same thing and instead of guns you get over powered bossess which will make you restart the game because its impossible to progress any more.
(I play Colourful Hell with DRLA and it really makes me feel both lucky and unlucky and that's the fun I have)
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Should I wait for release or play another megawad with current version? (Yes, I've addicted).
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

Given that Yholl-senpai's to-do list is done, I'd say wait for release.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

A technical question.
Can we have a „Duke Nukem“ style kick attack? Without switching to Fist. For example, by clicking „Use“ on enemy (like clicking „Use“ on special backpacks, but instead of menu, it activates the kick attack).
Or it'll require redrawing every weapon and setting „Use“ properties for each enemy?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

NickDoom wrote:Should I wait for release or play another megawad with current version? (Yes, I've addicted).
Play another with the current version.
It's still unknown when 1.1 will be released.
NickDoom wrote:A technical question.
Can we have a „Duke Nukem“ style kick attack? Without switching to Fist. For example, by clicking „Use“ on enemy (like clicking „Use“ on special backpacks, but instead of menu, it activates the kick attack).
Or it'll require redrawing every weapon and setting „Use“ properties for each enemy?
It'd be a vast amount of work, and completely incompatible with some guns. There will be no quick attacks or grenade keys or anything like that in DRLA.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

Yholl wrote:It'd be a vast amount of work, and completely incompatible with some guns. There will be no quick attacks or grenade keys or anything like that in DRLA.
Not really, just making a base weapon actor with a Zoom state that is the fist doing it's punchy animation and then A_Jump("Ready", 255) to go back to the ready state. Then you need to make weapons inherit from this actor and give their ready state the "WRF_ALLOWZOOM" and that's it, quick and easy punch attack.

EDIT: Nevermind, now i remember that the Zoom key is already used up.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

One of the things that appeals to me about this mod is that, some very rare unique weapons aside, everything still feels like it fits in the Doom continuity, and that goes for a lot of the gameplay as well. There's a lot to be said for keeping it simple - all that extra stuff just gets in the way and introduces room for bugs.

Take it from someone who does software testing for a living: the more features you insert at once, the more of a mess it becomes to keep everything bug-free.
Homor

Post by Homor »

Having a MAJOR problem with this mod and need some help. Every time I try to run the wad everything bugs out, the only weapon is the Neural whatever and it's the only weapon dropped by enemies, no other weapons are accessible and because of this the mod refuses to work with DoomRPG. I'm running GZDoom Version 3.3 (the last version before the dev team went feral and decided not to allow software rendering anymore?) is it because my version is too old or too new? Is anyone else on earth having this problem?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Homor wrote:Having a MAJOR problem with this mod and need some help. Every time I try to run the wad everything bugs out, the only weapon is the Neural whatever and it's the only weapon dropped by enemies, no other weapons are accessible and because of this the mod refuses to work with DoomRPG. I'm running GZDoom Version 3.3 (the last version before the dev team went feral and decided not to allow software rendering anymore?) is it because my version is too old or too new? Is anyone else on earth having this problem?
You have probably activated one of the special spawn settings on the DRLA Options menu. Check the options.
Homor

Post by Homor »

wildweasel wrote:
Homor wrote:Having a MAJOR problem with this mod and need some help. Every time I try to run the wad everything bugs out, the only weapon is the Neural whatever and it's the only weapon dropped by enemies, no other weapons are accessible and because of this the mod refuses to work with DoomRPG. I'm running GZDoom Version 3.3 (the last version before the dev team went feral and decided not to allow software rendering anymore?) is it because my version is too old or too new? Is anyone else on earth having this problem?
You have probably activated one of the special spawn settings on the DRLA Options menu. Check the options.
Oh, wow. You were right. It was set on "Goodbye Galaxy."

It's really embarrassing the problem was so easy to solve and not a glitch at all. Thank you for helping.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”