DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
comet1337

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by comet1337 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:there was no master assembly on the map, though; the only assembly (by technical terms anyway) that spawned were those Cerberus boots.
i checked the doom rl wiki
cerberus armor and boots are both master assemblies
but so is cybernano, which i don't think has given the high-tech message
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

comet1337 wrote: but so is cybernano, which i don't think has given the high-tech message
Is there anyway you can take this Armour off?

I mean if you put it on in the first map out of necessity, then it becomes a real bad Permanent choice for the rest of the maps.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

"Cannot be removed"

"Is there any way to take this armour off?"

Well I dunno what to tell you son.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

KILLER2 wrote:"Cannot be removed"

"Is there any way to take this armour off?"

Well I dunno what to tell you son.
we can drop our fists be we cannot remove this armour...

why this armour even exists?
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Pretty sure you can't drop your fists. Also, it exists because it's a really strong armor, so the tradeoff of not being able to pick up anything else is offset by the fact that you become much harder to kill immediately and for an indefinite period. It's your choice if you want to gamble on a better armor later or just stick with cybernano.

Now that that's out of the way...Yholl, what the hell is a Dark Marty? What does he want? And most importantly, why doesn't he drop anything after I meticulously risked my life to kill him even though I could've just left him alone. Also, his painchance/painstate is broken, I got a few errors while I hit him with BFG tracers.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

KILLER2 wrote:Pretty sure you can't drop your fists.
yes you can *explodes into tiny pieces of meat*
KILLER2 wrote:Now that that's out of the way...Yholl, what the hell is a Dark Marty? What does he want? And most importantly, why doesn't he drop anything after I meticulously risked my life to kill him even though I could've just left him alone. Also, his painchance/painstate is broken, I got a few errors while I hit him with BFG tracers.
he is Marty and he is Dark which basically means he has come to ruin your existence,

he is basically a Boss that pops up after you have you picked up something really special (even a Master Assembly Weapon or just Boots) and proceeds to teleport near where you are and shoot and dodge you in a very confusing manner.

just Side strafe him and you will be able to dodge him quite easily and of course he won't give you drops, he is the consequence of you getting lucky with any special stuff.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

IDK mine didn't wanna teleport he just camped the player start complaining I'm not coming to him! Ridiculous!
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

KILLER2 wrote:IDK mine didn't wanna teleport he just camped the player start complaining I'm not coming to him! Ridiculous!
of course he camps, mine did for about 3 minutes behind a pillar and kept mocking me until I threw a Plasma infused Rocket in his face.

(and he teleports near if you get far away from him)
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm not sure if that's the exact requirements for him to spawn, but i do know he seems to spawn in place of former commandos.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i'm not sure if that's the exact requirements for him to spawn, but i do know he seems to spawn in place of former commandos.
he spawns randomly at any time in a map.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

He's weird. I have one unique this playthrough and he spawns the very next map. During my AV playthrough I was swimming in uniques, to the point where MY FULL INVENTORY WAS UNIQUE by the end, and I haven't seen him ONCE. Maybe he realized I was too powerful :P
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

KILLER2 wrote:He's weird. I have one unique this playthrough and he spawns the very next map. During my AV playthrough I was swimming in uniques, to the point where MY FULL INVENTORY WAS UNIQUE by the end, and I haven't seen him ONCE. Maybe he realized I was too powerful :P
there is a meter in the DRLA settings that sets the danger level of picking up unique items and getting a boss spawned.

you can adjust it to get almost no bosses

(I personally kept it at very high numbers but it seems to only spawn Marty at the moment)

and once in my own case I had Marty spawn two times in a single map.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Nanomachic Chaingun, Marksman Pistol, Super Shotgun, and the Nuclear Plasma RIfle and Nuclear BFG that I got out of a single Lootbox, so far my Marine is pretty set.

Apart from a High-Power Marksman Pistol, I'll probably aim for either the Megaton Shotgun or the Biggest Fucking Gun according to the wiki assemblies. Then all I gotta do is figure out any assemblies that aren't on the wiki. :D
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Gideon020 wrote:Nanomachic Chaingun, Marksman Pistol, Super Shotgun, and the Nuclear Plasma RIfle and Nuclear BFG that I got out of a single Lootbox, so far my Marine is pretty set.

5 weapons from a Single Loot box crate?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:Nanomachic Chaingun, Marksman Pistol, Super Shotgun, and the Nuclear Plasma RIfle and Nuclear BFG that I got out of a single Lootbox, so far my Marine is pretty set.

5 weapons from a Single Loot box crate?
Sorry, my grammer was off. I meant that I got the Nuclear weapons from a single crate.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”