DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

MrPyrite wrote:There was one thing I've been wanting to ask. What was the hardest weapon to code for Doom RLArsenal, in your honest opinion?
I'd have to say the Voltgun, followed by the Incineration Device Launcher.
Both are absolute piles of hax, and the Voltgun doesn't even work good, it needs yet another overhaul.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Both of those guns are awful.

Voltgun can kill somethings sometimes very easily at cost of "wat"

Incineration Device Launcher is not weapon, its an experiment that doesn't work.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

the IDL works pretty well IME, it's just kind of situational.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

a Master Assembly Weapon should have more then just situational use.
(even mother in law is more usable)

otherwise its just a waste of mods and weapon space.

I also want the Combat Translocator to be craftable.
MrPyrite

Post by MrPyrite »

I'm eventually expecting the WW-41 Armor set to have a special where the player says "It's High Noon" and for a short Period of time, you essentially have aimbot.
Spoiler:
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:a Master Assembly Weapon should have more then just situational use.
I'm confused...isn't the mother in law an insta-win on any demo run (or any run you find explosive protection, for that matter)?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

KILLER2 wrote:I'm confused...isn't the mother in law an insta-win on any demo run (or any run you find explosive protection, for that matter)?
Yes, that is why I'm comparing it to IDL
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

So the thread reached the sacred number 386, which is the first CPU able to run Doom.

Speaking about Assault versions: do you set their parameters freely or they follow a generic rule? I see some High-Power versions are obviously different, such as RC-P120.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

NickDoom wrote:So the thread reached the sacred number 386, which is the first CPU able to run Doom.

Speaking about Assault versions: do you set their parameters freely or they follow a generic rule? I see some High-Power versions are obviously different, such as RC-P120.
IIRC the going rule is triple damage for a specific percentage of fire rate, though some of them come with extra features (the Assault Rifle gets a Scope, for one). Personally I find most of them pretty underwhelming as arsenal mainstays, but if you're having trouble conserving ammo, they might help out with that.
phonemiller22

Post by phonemiller22 »

Yholl wrote:
phonemiller22 wrote:its just that one fountain of blood thing that is the cpu breaker i feel.
Oh I think I getcha now. You want the gibbing gone, but you want to keep the fancy blood effects when you shoot things, right?

Basically what you'd want to do is open up the monsterpack, and go to the GIBBERS file near the top.
You'll see a bunch of actors, and some of them will have stuff like this:
  • Spawn:
    TNT1 A 0 NoDelay A_JumpIf(CallACS("DRLA_Gibs"), 1)
    stop
    TNT1 A 0 A_SetUserVar ("user_maxcount", 20)
Basically what this does, is if the fancy gibs are turned on, it'd jump to the next frame. If they're off, it won't jump, and it'll just hit the Stop and disappear.
Go through that file, maybe with Ctrl+F to quickly search and find these jumps, and just put two slashes in front of the A_JumpIfs like this:
  • TNT1 A 0 NoDelay //A_JumpIf(CallACS("DRLA_Gibs"), 1)
Those slashes cause anything on the line after them to be ignored, so it'll just go straight to the Stop instantly.
When fancy gibs are turned on, blood will still spray all fancy-like, but the big gibbing bursts when monsters explode will not happen anymore.

I hope that helps you! If I'm wrong about what you want, just let me know.
Hey man, THIS IS AMAZING HELP... This is what my mumbo jumbo was trying to ask for. This is my 1st time in a while checking my zdoom forum posts so sorry for delay. I wonder if the it would be kosher to post a link to the mod page for a "reduced gore version" or something with this edit in place. For more people with toaster laptops like myself to doom with. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

wildweasel wrote:
NickDoom wrote:So the thread reached the sacred number 386, which is the first CPU able to run Doom.

IIRC the going rule is triple damage for a specific percentage of fire rate, though some of them come with extra features (the Assault Rifle gets a Scope, for one). Personally I find most of them pretty underwhelming as arsenal mainstays, but if you're having trouble conserving ammo, they might help out with that.
Assault Laser Rifles (or is it Laser Assault Rifles? Whatever) are pretty great IMO. Nigh-perfect accuracy and plenty of damage per shot means you can get a lot of value out of your cells.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

And Assault Uzi for Scout ^___^
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:Incineration Device Launcher is not weapon, its an experiment that doesn't work.
That's your opinion, not a fact.
Machine-Reaper wrote:a Master Assembly Weapon should have more then just situational use.

otherwise its just a waste of mods and weapon space.
A Master Assembly should be one of the most situational of all weapons. While some are very versatile, they are not "win everything guns".
Machine-Reaper wrote:I also want the Combat Translocator to be craftable.
nyet
NickDoom wrote:Speaking about Assault versions: do you set their parameters freely or they follow a generic rule?
Damage is tripled, accuracy is massively increased, firerate is massively reduced.
NickDoom wrote:I see some High-Power versions are obviously different, such as RC-P120.
Guns like the RC-P120 and Dual Uzis will eventually be moved to other assemblies, and proper HP RC-P90 and Storm Uzis will replace them in their current assembly combination. It's just a case of having a limited number of assembly combinations I could make before, but now I can have as many as I want.
phonemiller22 wrote:Hey man, THIS IS AMAZING HELP... This is what my mumbo jumbo was trying to ask for.
Ah good, glad I could help you.
I wonder if I should seperate fancy blood and fancy gibs into two seperate cvars...? Hmm.
NickDoom wrote:And Assault Uzi for Scout ^___^
yeee, assault uzi stronk
MrPyrite

Post by MrPyrite »

Isn't the Assault Shotgun technically a rapid fire weapon? I would love to see it be compatible with the Assault and Burst assemblies.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

MrPyrite wrote:Isn't the Assault Shotgun technically a rapid fire weapon? I would love to see it be compatible with the Assault and Burst assemblies.
Not as-is; IIRC a weapon has to have at least a certain rate of fire for it to qualify, for which the Assault Shotgun is somewhat too slow to qualify as. (It's why Ammochain doesn't work on the Plasma Rifle Mk.2 until it's been Firestorm modded.)

Besides that, you'd get an Assault Assault Shotgun out of that combo, which doesn't really work. :?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”