DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Simon-v

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Simon-v »

Do you have a problem with nuclear barrels? I have a problem with nuclear barrels. Well, technically, they are fine, except when they unexpectedly explode in your face, ruining your successful one-death, no-saves playthrough. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, you probably want to be warned of the risk beforehand. For that, i made the Nuclear Barrel Early Warning System.

What it does: it marks nuclear barrels on the automap. Also, a handy heads-up message shows if the level contains those. Warned means protected, right?

Download here: https://simonvolpert.com/files/nukebarrel.pk3

Peace.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

#ideas
Yet another Spider Mastermind: spawns if there are enough mobs around him. Resurrects the killed ones, like Arch-Vile but from distance, by using a Resurrection Cannon. Player can take it from his corpse. It can't be reloaded but can resurrect few monsters who never attack him (other behavior is std., including chasing the player and infighting).
MrPyrite

Post by MrPyrite »

if a Burst variant of the Assault Shotgun ever gets implemented, maybe you could make a 2-shot burst shotgun? It would nice to see something like that.
Sokoro

Post by Sokoro »

I am humble, I do not need any fancy suggested features. I would be happy just for the new version to get released, so that I can play it and mod it.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

MrPyrite wrote:if a Burst variant of the Assault Shotgun ever gets implemented, maybe you could make a 2-shot burst shotgun? It would nice to see something like that.
Could be cool, yeah. I'll keep it in mind.

I've finished my todo list (friggin finally) for DRLA's next update now. Next is a period of testing, bugfixing anything that pops up, as well as finalizing anything like credits or whatever.
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

HUZZAH! I... probably can wait, in all seriousness. So many other obsessions to tide me over.
Copenhagen_Bram

Post by Copenhagen_Bram »

Lucky you, now I'm going to be checking this thread twice a day until the release.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

Hoo mighty Yholl, Would it be possible that High end weapons (Uniques,Legendary,Demonic) cannot spawn except when in late urban/hell? Or a switch in a menu of some sort? As it stand I can get the hell reign at map 1... A more extreme example of that would be scout with Death's Gaze at level 1. You would never want another gun except maybe jackall and casull (both nano modded) To take care of the scrub before switching back to Death's Gaze for baron +...

What would be optimal imo:

Space port to urban: Up to advanced assemblies

Urban to hell: up to uniques (include also master assemblies)

Hell+secret levels: All the rest (this would also add an incentive to get to them sweet sweet secret levels for an early threat if Rn-Jeebus will so choose ;P)

Edit: Armors would also benefit a lot from that , sometime getting uniques armors at levels 1 , trivialize a fair bit of encounters if the resists are well balanced... ^^''
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Demiosis wrote:Hoo mighty Yholl, Would it be possible that High end weapons (Uniques,Legendary,Demonic) cannot spawn except when in late urban/hell? Or a switch in a menu of some sort? As it stand I can get the hell reign at map 1... A more extreme example of that would be scout with Death's Gaze at level 1. You would never want another gun except maybe jackall and casull (both nano modded) To take care of the scrub before switching back to Death's Gaze for baron +...

Edit: Armors would also benefit a lot from that , sometime getting uniques armors at levels 1 , trivialize a fair bit of encounters if the resists are well balanced... ^^''
The sort of opposite of that is coming in DRLA 1.1. Adaptive difficulty makes it so that tougher enemies spawn depending on factors such as how many maps you've completed and how many uniques, demonics, or legendaries you've picked up.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

Then if you pick uniques/demonic right off the bat the difficulty will switch from 1 to 1000? Gradual increase will be lost forever?
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Demiosis wrote:Then if you pick uniques/demonic right off the bat the difficulty will switch from 1 to 1000? Gradual increase will be lost forever?
No, not really. The difficulty depends on a system called the "danger level". doing the things I said in my previous post (completing levels, picking up uniques, esc.) will increase the danger level. you can also set the starting amount, among other things.
MrPyrite

Post by MrPyrite »

I really hope to god that someone wont cause this to be sent to the "Shamefulness" gallery...
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

Does not remove the fact that if one collect a high end guns at level 1, it negate the use of pretty much any guns behind it thus removing a lot of options quckly.
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

Demiosis wrote:Does not remove the fact that if one collect a high end guns at level 1, it negate the use of pretty much any guns behind it thus removing a lot of options quckly.
Well, if you're not that happy over the fact that you got a unique on the first map, just restart the map!
Besides, I'm pretty sure there's still plenty of reasons to use other guns. You might run out of ammo for that gun, you might be in a situation where it's not ideal to use that particular gun, you could scrap it for an exotic modpack if you're a techie, and even then, why settle for one unique?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

you could also just leave the unique behind if you get it on level 1 and don't want it. that's always an option.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”