DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

The Soulstorm Rifle is really really weird now that have seen it in full power.

without any upgrades it does around 24 to 26 damage to any enemy type including bosses, but if you apply even a single artifact, Bosses only get damaged upto a max 9 points per hit compared to 26 before.

other enemies receive increased damage normally of course

but the weird thing is after applying Firestorm or Sniper mod which both alter the projectile of the rifle to bolt and laser the bosses also get full increased damage as the should from each projectile along with 3 Artifacts upgrades.

this means that applying Artifacts on the weapon without mods nerfs the weapon against bosses of any kind. (nano mod's reloading half health sap works on bosses wonderfully)

and there is a bug with the Marine Class in which after applying the 3rd Artifact and either Firestorm or Sniper mod along, the rate of fire gets reduced massively low.

and as stated in a post before, the Firestorm mod doesn't act like its description says.
Take One

Post by Take One »

wildweasel wrote:It's interesting that you bring this up... considering my sound mod doesn't touch those sounds at all.
You know, I thought that I'd tried it out a while ago and it changed those sounds in the same way so I stopped using it, but I must have been mistaken, sorry! I know that something did, but, if it wasn't your mod, I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Either way, those sounds definitely changed in the last update, so I made a personal edit that adds the older ones back in. No offence intended and I hope that no harm's been done, because you've both been doing a wonderful job.
Amer.

Post by Amer. »

I'm not able to get out of Pong!!! pls help
I even restarted doom, but there's still Pong when I load my save. Please tell me what to do I don't want to restart my run.
DarkQuill

Post by DarkQuill »

The Tantrum Cannon projectiles have a very high tendancy to get stuck on architecture. This kills pretty much anything that comes near it, but also kills your ears. I used this for two levels and had to throw it away, the toll on my sanity outweighed it's amazing usefulness.
Any chance a bounce limit can be added to the projectiles? Even if it's a high amount, it should cull any stuck projectiles fairly quickly.
Yelso
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Yelso »

Are the sprites from the hungry under the armageddon difficulty custom made or from another game?

Edit: Can anyone see my post?
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Heretic Replacer now works with Hexen.
DRLA-HereticReplacer_0.4.1.pk3
Now with Hexen
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
zdoom.exe -iwad Heretic.WAD -file DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.1.pk3 DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.1.pk3 DRLA-HereticReplacer_0.4.1.pk3 OrigDoomIISprites.pk7 OrigDoomIISounds.pk7 OrigDoomIIGUI.pk7

zdoom.exe -iwad Hexen.WAD -file DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.1.pk3 DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.1.pk3 DRLA-HereticReplacer_0.4.1.pk3 OrigDoomIISprites.pk7 OrigDoomIISounds.pk7 OrigDoomIIGUI.pk7

Orig*.pk7 are on page 417.
Not tested with 1.1.2 / 7.2 but can probably work.

Known bugs:
1) original Doom sounds don't work;
2) no config menus (should be copied manually from Doom/DRLA to Heretic/DRLA and/or Hexen/DRLA sections in zdoom.ini);
3) neither armor bonuses nor megaspheres in Heretic (no armor repair);
4) Hexen works only on dedicated „Hexen“ skill level (like „Heretic“ skill, it means no monster replacement; that means there is no monster replacement for Hexen yet).
5) some sprite name conflicts in Hexen (serpents leave Demonic Armor imitations, some wall cannons shoot crap etc);
6) worst of all: Hexen jumps was higher, so you'll sometimes need to rocketjump in order to complete the level (exactly once in the original game, because most high jumps can be avoided with Wings; but I always carry my Handcannon+A+A+T with me, it's the safest RJ helper).

Feel free to point on my stupid DECORATE mistakes :)
DarkQuill

Post by DarkQuill »

I am not able to craft an Assault Laser Rifle by slapping 3 Agility mods on a regular Laser Rifle. This appears to work for every other compatible weapon.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

DarkQuill wrote:I am not able to craft an Assault Laser Rifle by slapping 3 Agility mods on a regular Laser Rifle. This appears to work for every other compatible weapon.
its a bug, happens with both Laser and Nuclear rifle, they are present in the game but assembly doesn't seem to be working.
Yelso
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Yelso »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
DarkQuill wrote:I am not able to craft an Assault Laser Rifle by slapping 3 Agility mods on a regular Laser Rifle. This appears to work for every other compatible weapon.
its a bug, happens with both Laser and Nuclear rifle, they are present in the game but assembly doesn't seem to be working.
I hope you are able to fix it. By the way, where do the sprite models for the monster pack come from? Did you make them yourself?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yelso wrote:
I hope you are able to fix it. By the way, where do the sprite models for the monster pack come from? Did you make them yourself?
you can open the monsterbeta.pk3 with any zip program and see the credits.txt to know who made what in mod, also I'm not the owner, I'm just a player like you :wink:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DarkQuill wrote:Any chance a bounce limit can be added to the projectiles? Even if it's a high amount, it should cull any stuck projectiles fairly quickly.
It already has one, that's literally how it works.
If it's bouncing more than that, that's the engine breaking it.
Yelso wrote:Are the sprites from the hungry under the armageddon difficulty custom made or from another game?
Custom made, Vader made em.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Why 1.1.2 is that slow? It nearly freezes my good old i5. What changes? More particles? Lack of optimization? Hungry scripts constantly checking their conditions?

Also, have another idea about Lost Souls. In My Dead Projects Graveyard, I've posted this:
Scaled preview
Scaled preview
(native Doom aspect ratio is in the archive, sorry, no actual sprites).
If you're ok with the idea cacodemons are egg-layng, you can add another Lost Soul replacement. Not as dangerous as the Hungry is, but worse than Nightmare Soul: cacodemon eggs, laying on a floor or sticked to a ceiling. Those tiny things hatch immediately, hissing with their funny voices and throwing little fireballs.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Another idea: a backpack reducing ammo capacity to ¼ but allowing to carry 1 more weapon (dropping this backpack automatically drops current weapon).
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

NickDoom wrote:Another idea: a backpack reducing ammo capacity to ¼ but allowing to carry 1 more weapon (dropping this backpack automatically drops current weapon).
I don't think anyone would want a backpack like that, why not have a class that can carry more weapons and ammo then others?
(sort of like a Mule trait)
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

I think the extra weapon backpack idea is pretty neat, though reducing all ammo capacity to 1/4 seems pretty excessive. I'd have it reduce ammo capacity by 1/4 at most.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”