DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by 4thcharacter »

Demo is able to shrug-off nuclear blasts. What kind of material are those blast suits he's using made of? Probably the same alloy as the original Gameboy fused with the alloy of the legendary Nokia 3310.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

4thcharacter wrote:Demo is able to shrug-off nuclear blasts. What kind of material are those blast suits he's using made of? Probably the same alloy as the original Gameboy fused with the alloy of the legendary Nokia 3310.
Actually its Plot Armour
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

He's an absolute maniac. He probably just enjoys the feeling of the plasma and nuclear fire burning his skin.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

He might be part cockroach.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:Demo is able to shrug-off nuclear blasts. What kind of material are those blast suits he's using made of? Probably the same alloy as the original Gameboy fused with the alloy of the legendary Nokia 3310.
Actually its Plot Armour

No such thing as plot in Doom.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Demo is just crazy enough, he can circumvent nuclear meltdowns through sheer lunacy. Only a madman can be so incredible.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:Demo is just crazy enough, he can circumvent nuclear meltdowns through sheer lunacy. Only a madman can be so incredible.
MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) man
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

4thcharacter wrote:No such thing as plot in Doom.
Yes there is. You play as a 50mph floating gun and stop the evil demons that science tried making into pets!
Viscra Maelstrom

so i was running my golden gauntlet into a Nightmare Mastermind's face, and he immediately turned Legendary on me, but didn't die. i don't know if this happens with every Legendary enemy, but even after i reloaded and whittled down his HP to legendary, then used my gauntlet to kill him, it did... absolutely nothing. i assume this is a bug?

also, not sure if the numbers here do anything, but Cyberwarrior Armor has the wrong protection value for Renegade. the base is 20%, and the armor stats show it'll give him 15%, as opposed to the correct value of 30%. is this just an oversight, or is it actually weaker with Renegade now?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:so i was running my golden gauntlet into a Nightmare Mastermind's face, and he immediately turned Legendary on me, but didn't die. i don't know if this happens with every Legendary enemy, but even after i reloaded and whittled down his HP to legendary, then used my gauntlet to kill him, it did... absolutely nothing. i assume this is a bug?
Was it actually absolutely nothing?
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:also, not sure if the numbers here do anything, but Cyberwarrior Armor has the wrong protection value for Renegade. the base is 20%, and the armor stats show it'll give him 15%, as opposed to the correct value of 30%. is this just an oversight, or is it actually weaker with Renegade now?
Probably is wrong, all that HUD stuff is scrapped anyway. Only Nano Ablative armor gets weaker with Renegade.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yholl wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:so i was running my golden gauntlet into a Nightmare Mastermind's face, and he immediately turned Legendary on me, but didn't die. i don't know if this happens with every Legendary enemy, but even after i reloaded and whittled down his HP to legendary, then used my gauntlet to kill him, it did... absolutely nothing. i assume this is a bug?
Something's supposed to happen in that situation?

EDIT: It seems nothing special.. the Nightmare Mastermind still gets damaged heavily but not enough to kill it wholly.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

4thcharacter wrote:
Yholl wrote:
Something's supposed to happen in that situation?

EDIT: It seems nothing special.. the Nightmare Mastermind still gets damaged heavily but not enough to kill it wholly.
You could try to shoot at it with other guns.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

There should be be a Tyson mode gameplay where you have an unbreakable g-gauntlet and nothing else more, will be quite smashing!
Viscra Maelstrom

Yholl wrote:
i didn't test shooting the Nightmare Mastermind after hitting him, so i guess it could just be a case of the Nightmare Mastermind having too much health for the gauntlet to fully deplete. how much would a legendary one of those have even, 10k+?
Machine-Reaper wrote:There should be be a Tyson mode gameplay where you have an unbreakable g-gauntlet and nothing else more, will be quite smashing!
there is a game-mode that sort of does this, called Geo's Gory Gambit, where i think every weapon is replaced with the golden gauntlet. not unbreakable, but you'd still have a lot of them to use.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i didn't test shooting the Nightmare Mastermind after hitting him, so i guess it could just be a case of the Nightmare Mastermind having too much health for the gauntlet to fully deplete. how much would a legendary one of those have even, 10k+?
The current N-Mastermind would have 20k health when legendarified with default settings. I'm somewhat certain that the GGG does less damage in 1.05, but I'm not sure.
Machine-Reaper wrote:There should be be a Tyson mode gameplay where you have an unbreakable g-gauntlet and nothing else more, will be quite smashing!
Later on there'll be unique boots that cause them to not break when you punch, although there is a lengthy cooldown before reuse.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”