DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by wildweasel »

The problem with doing a straight conversion is that the end result isn't any more efficient than the Decorate at face value. Inventory items aren't converted into variables, weapons don't automatically do their complex class and mod checks...basically, this isn't the Magical Cure All Time Saver that you'd think it'd be.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

insightguy wrote:Serious question, if somone made a decorate to zscript converter, will you attempt to redo the messy parts of the script (like the rocket launcher) or will you just not bother?
There is not a single atom in my body that wants any part of it.

Please do not continue asking about such a thing, it will never happen.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Look at me not derailing the Final Doomer thread.
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:
Yholl wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:personally, i was more bugged about how the running speed in DRLA is slightly slower than it should be. :P
It's not. It's exactly the same.
i'm fairly sure that it was slightly, just slightly, slower than it should be, because a number of straferunning jumps became irritatingly hard to pull off and often led me falling down instead. maybe it's just confirmation bias, though.
Are you sure you weren't wearing the grappling boots?
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

I thought the DRLA runspeed was faster than normal?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i'm fairly sure that it was slightly, just slightly, slower than it should be
SiFi270 wrote:Are you sure you weren't wearing the grappling boots?
Tanksy wrote:I thought the DRLA runspeed was faster than normal?
The only boots that change runspeed are Tactical Boots.
All of my mods have normal run speed, and slower walking speed. They are all the same values across all of them.
The next person to declare that you run faster or slower in one of my mods gets a goddamn wedgie.
Trar

Post by Trar »

I forget what the console command is to spawn DRLA weapons. I want to blast my way through a level as a marine with a minigun, but there's no special start for that.

EDIT: Should've searched the thread earlier - it's "give RL[Weaponname]Pickup" :p
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I never thought the grappling boots affected movement speed, just that they'd explain Viscra not being able to make certain jumps. There are times where I've had to take them off to, for example, get onto that ledge with the switch revealing the megasphere in map02 of Scythe 2.
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

Ahh, thats why it feels faster. Walking is slower.. Makes sense now
NathanVPer

Post by NathanVPer »

Can you say me which is the mappack(s) of the screenshots? :D :?: :?: :shrug: :| :|
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

I think this has been answered a few pages ago.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Can we have a Spoiler section in the OP with cheats, like how to spawn MODS and all? :D
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

Hey Yholl! Huge fan of the mod!

I'm sure this is a random question to ask... but is a massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough.... indeed like a heap of raw iron.... going to appear in the mod? :)
I mean it's in DoomRL, and I'm not sure if Mike12 has already sprited for it, or if it's a pain in the ass to code (probably is lol.) But...

If it's going to be added.... are you going to add a CLANG sound effect as well for teh lulz? :P (sorry I had to.)

Anyway, I can't wait for the next release dude! Looking forward to it! :D
NathanVPer

Post by NathanVPer »

Hey, theres an bug (with ZDoom) when i use a BFG like the Nuclear BFG or other, it crashes the game, doesn't appear an error, just, dissapear the game but i can still hear the music of the level, and is annoying because i can't get off the music, the only way is reseting the computer
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Try to reproduce this. Which hat weapon does that, exactly? Is it modded, and how? At which moment the crash happens, as soon as you press fire, or when the projectile is fired etc?

Also, when this happens, you can probably just kill zdoom in the task manager instead of resetting.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

lwks wrote:Can we have a Spoiler section in the OP with cheats, like how to spawn MODS and all? :D
No.
TheEternalStruggler wrote:Hey Yholl! Huge fan of the mod!

I'm sure this is a random question to ask... but is a massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough.... indeed like a heap of raw iron.... going to appear in the mod? :)
I mean it's in DoomRL, and I'm not sure if Mike12 has already sprited for it, or if it's a pain in the ass to code (probably is lol.) But...

If it's going to be added.... are you going to add a CLANG sound effect as well for teh lulz? :P (sorry I had to.)

Anyway, I can't wait for the next release dude! Looking forward to it! :D
Thanks for the kind words.
And yes, as everyone worked out instantly from my description earlier, yeah, the Dragonslayer is indeed currently on my todo list. It's one of only two new weapons in 1.1.

And yeah, it's... daunting. I still don't know exactly how I'll end up handling such a giant thing. Do I make it just slice through everything regardless? Do I make it massively powerful, but almost unusable in a cramped area where it'll just hit walls when swinging? It's really really goddamn big. And yes, it would make a big clang noise, it's a giant slab of metal.
NathanVPer wrote:Hey, theres an bug (with ZDoom) when i use a BFG like the Nuclear BFG or other, it crashes the game, doesn't appear an error, just, dissapear the game but i can still hear the music of the level, and is annoying because i can't get off the music, the only way is reseting the computer
I'm gonna need more info on that, as I've never heard a bug like that before.
Spoiler:

I've restarted work on DRLA once more, now that Final Doomer+ 2.0 has been released and the bugs have been crushed. I've got a fair few things to do, but hopefully I'll have some cool stuff to share soon.
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”