DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

Churrupez wrote:Bugs: Elephant Gun doesn't have the Technician "deals 10% more damage" in the "class perks" page (or maybe the bonus is not actually applied, i don't know for sure).

Also, Assault Uzi doesn't say it haves a Sharpshooter bonus for Scout, even though it does the extra damage with him.
Should be fine, all that stuff has been converted to an entirely different format in dev.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Defense Drone Launcher: A level long Drone for only 10 rockets and it allows you to make an Overmind flinch? Its over-kill, I just need nothing but 3 defense drones and my fists todo the talking now (Should probably cost 50 rockets).
It uses 20 ammo in dev, does 6 damage, doesn't flinch enemies, and has a max limit of 3.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Tactical Assemebler: Forget Health emplacement, oh and Floor is no longer lava!
I don't see how that's a balancing issue.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:I don't see how that's a balancing issue.
Well once you acquire that armour set, you can literally have unlimited armour and health pool. this makes the game too much easy to beat unless your playing chillax or some other nuts like wad.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

There are way more broken armors than that. There's also a unique armor that nullifies all damage types (by all I mean all unless if it doesn't have one of the four main damage types), it's also not indestructible but it regenerates. And one that only needs 100 cells and if you give it one most enemies give you single digit damage for 5 minutes.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

4thcharacter wrote:There are way more broken armors than that. There's also a unique armor that nullifies all damage types (by all I mean all unless if it doesn't have one of the four main damage types), it's also not indestructible but it regenerates. And one that only needs 100 cells and if you give it one most enemies give you single digit damage for 5 minutes.
That would be the Nano-Armor (I think) firstly. The other I don't know the name of but yeah, that's EZ mode right there if you have the cells. But there's always that one moment when I get stomped and still manage to get killed. Guess it depends when / where.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Welp I also found an Armour that is indestructible and literally explodes everything around it, and if it doesn't have anything to explode, it explodes the wearer inside instead...
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

keep in mind that all the armors you guys have been talking about are rare, and the Nano Ablative Armor and Prototype Assault Shield are among the most rare, and has some drawbacks (the first one absorbs all damage, and can easily be destroyed if you get hit by an avalanche of projectiles, and the latter requires 100 cells to even operate, drains instantly if you take it off, and Tech Viles zap away all the charge in an instant).

as for the Tactical Assembler Suit, for it to repair the armor, you need the boots as well, which are rare, and only spawn rarely in armor and armor shard spots, or has a chance to spawn from a supply crate you open. if the armor breaks before you use it, that's it, it's gone. if you get the boots first, you need the armor first to even operate the special, and the healing unit is stationary and cannot be moved, as well as takes a long time to regenerate if you break it. also, the armor's protection values aren't exactly stellar: the fire and plasma resistance is nice, but it's no more protective than a simple combat armor is, and hitscanners will tear you to shreds anyway (as well as angry hordes of Pinkies and Lost Souls). so i fail to see how it breaks the game, since the healing unit takes long to fully heal you, cannot be moved, is rare to get the full set anyway, and the armor isn't super protective anyway. try take advantage of it when stuck inside a huge arena with monsters clawing at you from every direction.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:keep in mind that all the armors you guys have been talking about are rare, and the Nano Ablative Armor and Prototype Assault Shield are among the most rare, and has some drawbacks (the first one absorbs all damage, and can easily be destroyed if you get hit by an avalanche of projectiles, and the latter requires 100 cells to even operate, drains instantly if you take it off, and Tech Viles zap away all the charge in an instant).

as for the Tactical Assembler Suit, for it to repair the armor, you need the boots as well, which are rare, and only spawn rarely in armor and armor shard spots, or has a chance to spawn from a supply crate you open. if the armor breaks before you use it, that's it, it's gone. if you get the boots first, you need the armor first to even operate the special, and the healing unit is stationary and cannot be moved, as well as takes a long time to regenerate if you break it. also, the armor's protection values aren't exactly stellar: the fire and plasma resistance is nice, but it's no more protective than a simple combat armor is, and hitscanners will tear you to shreds anyway (as well as angry hordes of Pinkies and Lost Souls). so i fail to see how it breaks the game, since the healing unit takes long to fully heal you, cannot be moved, is rare to get the full set anyway, and the armor isn't super protective anyway. try take advantage of it when stuck inside a huge arena with monsters clawing at you from every direction.
Well I got the Full Set with a Defense Drone Launcher and Nano Weapon Assembler(That Counter Strike weapons in a Box thing) and apparently I fought 2 Dark Masterminds and 1 Regularmind at the same time and it was tooo easy. You are right about the rarity but the time the armour takes to regenerate the Device is a lot more less compared to the full set of Frontline Engineer Suit with 2 Turrets takes.

Basically speaking increasing the Cool Down of the Armour will pretty much make it more balanced so that Health items around the level don't become irrelevant.

also I found the Boots in the first level and found the Suit in the 7th in a crate. It seems to me that PERHAPS if you find a part of rare item, that chance of finding the other part of the item increases in your gameplay (Correct me plz).
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:Well I got the Full Set with a Defense Drone Launcher and Nano Weapon Assembler(That Counter Strike weapons in a Box thing) and apparently I fought 2 Dark Masterminds and 1 Regularmind at the same time and it was tooo easy.
That'd be the Defence Drone Launcher more than anything. If you stand in front of Masterminds, you will get chewed apart in no time flat. You killed them because you utterly hosed them with the drones and dodged their attacks, not because the restorer slooooooowly healed you.
Machine-Reaper wrote:also I found the Boots in the first level and found the Suit in the 7th in a crate. It seems to me that PERHAPS if you find a part of rare item, that chance of finding the other part of the item increases in your gameplay (Correct me plz).
Yes, when you have a piece of a set, Supply crates have a chance of dropping the other needed parts of that set.

In other news, here are some pictures showing what sort of shenanigans we've been getting up to lately.
First we've got a revamped weapon! I'm sure some of you will be able to guess which one just by looking at it.
And a new hud, because ryan is a pile of dook.
We've gotten lots done, but there's still a lot to go. Here's hoping we can keep up the pace.
Viscra Maelstrom

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:keep in mind that all the armors you guys have been talking about are rare, and the Nano Ablative Armor and Prototype Assault Shield are among the most rare, and has some drawbacks (the first one absorbs all damage, and can easily be destroyed if you get hit by an avalanche of projectiles, and the latter requires 100 cells to even operate, drains instantly if you take it off, and Tech Viles zap away all the charge in an instant).

Well I got the Full Set with a Defense Drone Launcher and Nano Weapon Assembler(That Counter Strike weapons in a Box thing) and apparently I fought 2 Dark Masterminds and 1 Regularmind at the same time and it was tooo easy. You are right about the rarity but the time the armour takes to regenerate the Device is a lot more less compared to the full set of Frontline Engineer Suit with 2 Turrets takes.

Basically speaking increasing the Cool Down of the Armour will pretty much make it more balanced so that Health items around the level don't become irrelevant.

also I found the Boots in the first level and found the Suit in the 7th in a crate. It seems to me that PERHAPS if you find a part of rare item, that chance of finding the other part of the item increases in your gameplay (Correct me plz).
yeah, that's some insane luck on your part, having a rare weapon and a rare set of armor. you do have a chance of finding the next part of a set in a crate if you're wearing a part of it, too, but that depends on how lucky you get, and how many crates you stumble upon.

Lady Luck is a fickle thing. one time you'll be so overpowered you'll laugh at the puny masterminds trying to stop you. next time, you'll feel like a little stick in the mud against one because you don't have the resources to deal with them. i don't think it's the issue that the weapons and armors are overpowered to the point they break the game, but the fact that whether you get one or not is entirely random, often in your favor (well, the Defense Drone Launcher IS overpowered, and is getting a pretty big nerf from what i've heard).

i don't think the Tactical Assembler Suit is all that overpowered, considering you need to find both parts together to have it repair armor and heal at 5 points instead of just 2. still, maybe give the full assembler suit a longer cool-down, since the Frontline Engineer Suit has a pretty insane cool-down if both your turrets expire at once.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Yholl wrote: First we've got a revamped weapon! I'm sure some of you will be able to guess which one just by looking at it.
Is it the Plasma Shotgun? Because I always felt like the current one looked too much like pieces of the vanilla plasma weapons and not enough like any kind of shotgun.
Viscra Maelstrom

Spoiler:
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Yholl wrote:First we've got a revamped weapon! I'm sure some of you will be able to guess which one just by looking at it.
Well, judging by the explosions, the barrels, the ammo type, and the lack of a reload counter it would appear to be a... Demolition Storm Bulletstorm Uzi. Because clearly you've finally gotten around to adding those triple assemblies, so we can stand a chance against the upcoming Hypernuclear MechaRagnarokalypse² Championship Alpha Edition Deluxe Turbo difficulty.
Spoiler:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Ethril wrote:Ragnarokalypse
I was gonna go to sleep now, just checking up on the thread before I did and oh my god that is the best word I've ever seen

Also not one of you has gotten the weapon right.
It's pretty obvious, just look at the design.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote: Also not one of you has gotten the weapon right.
It's pretty obvious, just look at the design.
Tri-gun ?
Viscra Maelstrom

i'm ashamed to admit that, despite knowing many of the mods ins and outs from playing it so damn much, i can't figure out what the gun is supposed to be. my mind is at a blank.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”