DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:I'm a very lucky guy!
what
Machine-Reaper wrote:Plasma Refractor is OOOP now against bosses of any sort, especially in ammo to damage ratio.
OOOP? what
Machine-Reaper wrote:Scientist should stop sulking.
what

your posts are really weird
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

Yholl wrote:
what
Perhaps it was emhpasised for sarcasm for sarcasm
Yholl wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:Plasma Refractor is OOOP now against bosses of any sort, especially in ammo to damage ratio.
OOOP? what
Over-Over-Overpowered, maybe?
Yholl wrote:
what
... yeah I got nothing.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

this sure is a thread
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

Yholl wrote:what
DarkTalon25 wrote: ... yeah I got nothing.
guessing hes referring to the PDA entry
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:
what
I came to face an Legendary Abominanat at Map07, it took me 1 and half hour to kill him even with Angleic/Onyx Medic Armour backing me up,

I am very lucky to face the toughest thing in this mod and survive
Yholl wrote:
OOOP? what
The Plasma Refractor now shoots a beam that if targeted at a monster will cause it to explode from inside the monster causing full solid 1100hp- damage, infact even if the monster moves around after getting hit, the shot still explodes from inside the monster.

each shot takes 10 cells so that means you can kill an abominanat in 12 shots which is 120 cells, that is very very OP (only against bosses tho or single monsters)
Yholl wrote:
what

your posts are really weird
Spoiler:
said Scientist gets a hug and pat on the back from me~

thank you DarkTalon25 and comet1337 for explaining my posts :mrgreen:
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Machine-Reaper wrote:I came to face an Legendary Abominanat at Map07
Legendary as in Legendoom?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

worldendDominator wrote:
Machine-Reaper wrote:I came to face an Legendary Abominanat at Map07
Legendary as in Legendoom?
yeeesssss
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

unequipping grappling boots seems to make the knockback effect permanent now.
disabling rarity beams in the options menu seems to disable the chime that uniques and other rare items gives off.

on the topic of uniques, has the drop rate for unique weapon sets been increased? several times now, i've got guns like the marathon shotgun, or one of the hellsing pistols, and not once have i been able to get the mate for the gun since the last update.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

I'm pretty sure danger level is a factor, at higher DL, higher-end items are more likely. While adaptive was broken I always had it at max and with the RNG curse, so that helped in testing and finding bugs, while RNG curse only affected the separate DL for summoning Dark Marty so he was guaranteed next level if I made a master assembly or acquired any item that has a spawn message. It's why I was confused about how Adaptive was so boring earlier.
The flavour text for everything in this doesn't get nearly enough praise. Nor do silly details like the modpack effects on your fists, or trying to drop them, or the "work-around" for damaged armor dropping.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:unequipping grappling boots seems to make the knockback effect permanent now.
I've equipped/unequipped grappling boots before and well it doesn't seem to work in my case (using Minigun/Autoshotgun cause a lot of knockback as usual) maybe the effect might remain for a single map?
Viscra Maelstrom wrote:on the topic of uniques, has the drop rate for unique weapon sets been increased? several times now, i've got guns like the marathon shotgun, or one of the hellsing pistols, and not once have i been able to get the mate for the gun since the last update.
the randomness of getting the other part of your set has been increased and you have a higher chance of getting the other part from a crate then just one spawning in the map. and Unique on the drop rate for me its quite very very low.
infact I've gone thru 10 maps and no unique stuff at all even with Legendoom ON, I've only gotten most of them thru Legendary Bosses and also for some reason a LOT of demonic artifacts.

say Yholl is it possible to make Legen Bosses only drop Demonic Artifacts if your carrying a Demonic Weapon?
The sounds those Artifacts make can be map wide and easily muffle other sounds.

also what is the other part of Nuclear Armour?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it's possible that the grappling boots effect staying isn't because of me taking them off, but because i use the resurrect command. i haven't tested it yet, but it sounds like a case of resurrect causing problems with this, so the issue is with me. although, if resurrection is what breaks it, it probably breaks for multiplayer as well.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:if resurrection is what breaks it, it probably breaks for multiplayer as well.
It shouldn't be as long as everything is handled correctly with RESPAWN scripts, and no, you can't account for resurrect, at least not with hacky loops checking if the player resurrected, which are kinda slow.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:it's possible that the grappling boots effect staying isn't because of me taking them off, but because i use the resurrect command. i haven't tested it yet, but it sounds like a case of resurrect causing problems with this, so the issue is with me. although, if resurrection is what breaks it, it probably breaks for multiplayer as well.
possible, its funny that I've never consider DRLA for Multiplayer since Zandronum is what only comes to mind when speaking of Doom Multiplayer.

DRLA being made in mind with Coop play is quite an effort.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

fakemai wrote:Nor do silly details like the modpack effects on your fists
Huh. It does something? I guess i got to try that sometime.
fakemai wrote:or the "work-around" for damaged armor dropping.
Wait, what? Aren't you supposed to unconditionally destroy those when trying to take them off?...
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Simon-v wrote:Huh. It does something? I guess i got to try that sometime.
It doesn't. Just, see what the listed effects are.
Simon-v wrote:Wait, what? Aren't you supposed to unconditionally destroy those when trying to take them off?...
Yes, I meant that there's like 10 or so silly messages for doing so. "Your armor smashing skill has leveled up!" and so on.
Machine-Reaper wrote:possible, its funny that I've never consider DRLA for Multiplayer since Zandronum is what only comes to mind when speaking of Doom Multiplayer.
I thought it made the most sense to so that you can have multiple classes do something! I have done co-op with a friend before and it seemed relatively stable even in GZDoom. On a LAN mind, it's probably awful over the Internet.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”