DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

m8f wrote:Hi!
I managed to make Weapon Menu compatible with DoomRL Arsenal! All 217 weapons! It may help when you have many weapons in one slot and to quickly see what weapons you have.
Wow, I thought there was just barely over 200, I didn't realise it went that high, hahaha! Nice work!
rockthemike13 wrote:Within the past week I have reignited my Doom addiction. I stumbled upon this mod, and have been using it in junction with a mapset I've always been meaning to try, Epic 2.

I have been having the time of my life! I think I've had more fun playing your mod set than any $60 game I've purchased in years. My wife is getting super agitated with me (for being an addict the past couple days). Do you take donations or any thing?
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and after reading your post I thought some more, eventually decided on something.

I won't take donations specifically in relation to my modding, ever. All I really do is cobble together work given to me by other people, there's no way I could take money for doing such a thing. Without people like Sgt. Shivers or Ryan_Cordell, my mods would never have gotten anywhere near as far as they have; compared to them, I've done almost nothing but type a bunch of words and numbers.

But, if you wanted to simply support my living a bit, I decided that I would make a thingo to let people do that if they really wanted to. I've setup a Kofi account (hopefully I set the thing up right) where you can throw a few bucks at me if you so wish. I do not actually have a source of income right now, so it would actually help me out quite a bit, but do not feel pressured into donating. Again, donating to me has nothing to do with my modding, it won't make me work faster, it won't make me do what you want, it just gives me a bit of money for buying food and drinks.
Bubuche

Post by Bubuche »

Ok, just droppin in to report a bug. Maybe it already has been reported.
(did you think about opening a bugzilla or something like that ?)

Bug : when you put 2 bulk mod on the flamethrower, reloading will add only one ammo.
This bug is precisely here :

Lump : DEC_FLAM
Line 441

And to explain why it's a bug, here is a small explanation of the code around:

434: "if there is (at least) 1 bulk mod go to 437"
437: "if there is (at least) 2 bulk mod go to 440"
440: "if there is (at least) 96 ammo go to 'finish' (else go to 441)"
441: "go to 'finish'"

As you can see, there is "if blabla do_something else do_THE_SAME_thing"
441 should go to "add one ammo".(before 434)

I am really sorry for that : I noted lines for the explanation and forgot to note the line "add one ammo" XD
It's one or two line before 434.

It's an "always happen" bug, so I think that somebody already reported it.
Lines are taken from the 1.05. I don't have 1.1 (and I don't know if it has been released since the last time).

That being said ... a bulk mode increases the magazine capacity of a weapon, right ? So how it comes that when you mod your weapon you get more "fuel" from a single rocket ? Ok, it's pure lore and nitpicking.

hope it helps.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Bubuche wrote:Ok, just droppin in to report a bug. Maybe it already has been reported.
Yeah, I already fixed this many months ago, thanks for the indepth post though.
Bubuche wrote:(did you think about opening a bugzilla or something like that ?)
I don't think there's much use to doing something like this at this point. DRLA 1.1 has been in development for so long, and so much has changed.
Deimos-AFX

Post by Deimos-AFX »

Hey, I'm trying to run this in co-op and it seems to work fine aside for the fact that deathmatch weapons spawn no matter what, I've tried setting the DMFlags in the command line before launch, changing it midgame and then changing the map, and nothing seems to work.

Running just vanilla GZdoom co-op does indeed stop spawning extra weapons once I change the flags, yet DoomRLA seems to completely ignore the command, any advice?

Also, any chance you'll add an option in the upcoming update for all classes to have rarity beams enabled, not just the Technician?
MisterPhantom

Post by MisterPhantom »

I just saw this and didn't even get a chance to play it
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Deimos-AFX wrote:Hey, I'm trying to run this in co-op and it seems to work fine aside for the fact that deathmatch weapons spawn no matter what, I've tried setting the DMFlags in the command line before launch, changing it midgame and then changing the map, and nothing seems to work.
Yeah, the weapon pickups aren't actually weapons, so it might interfere with that.
Deimos-AFX wrote:Also, any chance you'll add an option in the upcoming update for all classes to have rarity beams enabled, not just the Technician?
Nope, that's Technician-only.
MisterPhantom wrote:I just saw this and didn't even get a chance to play it
... uhh
Go play it, then?
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

I'm not sure if it's intended or not, but armor description page for onyx-modded armors shows non-modded icons.
MisterPhantom

Post by MisterPhantom »

... uhh
Go play it, then?
Oh, sorry the download is working now, it wasn't working for some reason
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I wonder if you ever tried using it on 3.3.2 yet.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

AvzinElkein wrote:I wonder if you ever tried using it on 3.3.2 yet.
As a private beta tester, it works fine in 3.3.2. 1.05, though, I can't vouch for. It's entirely up to you. Play it. Try it. Go further than the title screen.
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

Hey Yholl, I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything.

But will we ever hear about the CLANG sooner or later?

You know? Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough? Indeed it was like a heap of raw iron? :P
Deimos-AFX

Post by Deimos-AFX »

Yholl wrote:
Deimos-AFX wrote:Hey, I'm trying to run this in co-op and it seems to work fine aside for the fact that deathmatch weapons spawn no matter what, I've tried setting the DMFlags in the command line before launch, changing it midgame and then changing the map, and nothing seems to work.
Yeah, the weapon pickups aren't actually weapons, so it might interfere with that.

Is there any way to disable the extra weapon spawns with this mod enabled then? Having a BFG9000 on map 1 sorta breaks the balance.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Find this in the Gameplay Options:
Deimos-AFX

Post by Deimos-AFX »

Yup, I've tried altering that setting in gameplay options and it works if I'm not running the mod.

If I am running the mod the game just seems to ignore the setting and place multiplayer weapons regardless. (I am running GZdoom 2.2.0x64)
Thexare

Post by Thexare »

Are you trying to play Doom 2? Me and a friend have to use an additional patch wad to override Doom 2's deathmatch weapon spawns. I think we had to do the same for Evilution, but honestly I can't remember.

(edit: man I had a massive grammar failure the first time)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”