DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

SiFi270 wrote:If any superior would work better as a unique, I think it'd be the RC-P90, especially since its high power counterpart is the only one that increases the clip size. If it did become a unique, then the RC-P120 could then become the result of applying an exotic mod to it, probably nano or firestorm.
That'd be changing the gun into something completely different, rather than changing how it shoots or whatever. This is assembly territory.
Plus there's only six superiors right now, I'm not going to make even less.
SiFi270 wrote:...wait, will High Capacity be a two step assembly? If so, what's it going to do for the RC-P90 that High Power doesn't already?
I don't know what you mean by two step. High Capacity will make the RC-P120, and the current High Power assembly will just make a High Power RC-P90, much like how the current Dual Uzi assembly will make the Storm Uzi in the future, because the Dual Uzis will become part of the Dual Pistol assembly.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

By two step I meant requiring two modpacks, because I figured if it wasn't then it wouldn't be available for superiors anyway.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Superiors can take two modpacks though, just not any more than that. Also there's no assembly requiring only one modpack.

Also, Yholl, WHAT THE HELL?! You've always been considerate of other people and their work/opinions/problems, even to a fault I'd say, and now you say "well if you have epilepsy don't play it, LUL". I'm sorry but I find that to be a ridiculous response. I've been playing this game for years, I've dealt with a lot of the crappy flashing lights sectors people have put in their mods, and I have to say very few, if any, made me as uncomfortable as the lightweaver does. Also keep in mind Doom doesn't come with an epileptic seizure warning for a reason. I'm not saying fixing the weapon for these folk should come as your burden, but a little bit of consideration and maybe a big warning when you pick it up could definitely go a long way. I don't have epilepsy or anything, and I can neither confirm nor deny that this weapon is dangerous, but as a normal person it's definitely worse than 99.5% of effects you will come accross playing Doom and mods (and a huge majority of those 0.5% come with a warning attached).
EDIT:For the record this isn't some stupid claim like "no gluten pls" from a non-celiac or "no females in your mod because it makes me uncomfortable to kill them". This can LITERALLY KILL PEOPLE!
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

KILLER2 wrote:Also, Yholl, WHAT THE HELL?! You've always been considerate of other people and their work/opinions/problems, even to a fault I'd say, and now you say "well if you have epilepsy don't play it, LUL". I'm sorry but I find that to be a ridiculous response.
I never said that. I'm not sure why you would think I'd say something like that.

What I meant was basically, Doom features a very large amount of dark areas and flashing lights already, often combined. It doesn't seem likely that someone who suffers from epilepsy would go play something that could potentially harm them. It's a very flashing gun in an already flashing game. I expect most FPS games could be dangerous for someone suffering from epilepsy.

If you want it to be less flashy, I'll go do it. No need to explode at me.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

I don't have a problem with the gun to be honest, I had a problem with your response more than anything. Maybe I misinterpreted it, but to me it sounded a lot like "I'm not gonna do anything about it, it's their problem", though I see what you mean now. The thing is though, if somebody really likes something, they will do it, even if it can cause harm. My father has diabetes and sometimes eats sweets, people gamble money they can't afford to lose etc. Sure it's preferable these people try to stay away from harmful things, but the creators of said harmful things can also help them a bit. As for the lightweaver, I think a warning should be enough, and maybe a toggle in the DoomRL options menu that can turn the effects down to a more moderate level. I'm sorry for coming so strong at you, I just misunderstood your answer.
Tranthula

Post by Tranthula »

The Lightweaver I've discovered uses Doom's weapon light flash feature. I had it turned all the way down and got confused when I first picked up the lightweaver, b/c ain't it supposed to suck up light? Sure enough when I turned up the weapon flash a little bit, there is was.

In turn, there should be an option in 'display settings' that gives you a slider to turn down light flashes from all weapons.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

or just turn it off altogether if you're epileptic. i had no idea that you could do that, but that seems pretty helpful to people that could get seizures from the thing.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I think the problem with the Lightweaver isn't the fact it flickers the lights, but that it does it in a very fast way that can be a bit uncomfortable to watch. I'd think limiting the speed at which the light levels change (nothing shorter than 2 tics) would make it less potentially painful.

[edit] Or an alternative effect that spawns a subtractive dynamic light on the player, bathing the immediate area in shadow for as long as the weapon is charging.
Bubuche

Post by Bubuche »

Yholl wrote:I haven't responded in a while because dear god what a wall of text this page is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Bubuche wrote:Also, the Mysterious Magnum modify the content of supply crate. But you likely already know this, and I am not sure if it's a bug or not.
The content of those crate seems to also be modified by burning flammes, and even player speed. It's hard so say for this last one.
I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry.

If you fire at a supply crate (the gray box which contains items and sometime are barking etc => rlsupplycrate), you'll get some time.
If you then load and fire at the crate, you'll get the same items.
If you then load and run, jump, fire, whatever => still doesn't change the contain of the crate.

BUT if you use the mysterious magnum, fire then reload (and so do something involving randomness) the content of the supply crate will not be the same.
The mysterious magnum is the gun which change its projectile every time you reload it.

Same thing with flame. If you open a supply crate while fire is extinguishing, you can change the content of the crate.
And also whether you open a crate or not in a level will impact items you'll find in the next level.
Yholl wrote:
Bubuche wrote:The gauss rifle (and the other raygun i don't remember the name) can cull the nightmare cacodemon (the one with a spark floating around and resurecting it). And this demon doesn't take damage from other energy weapon, it can be considered as a bug, but maybe it's on purpose.
The Cacobyss. I still have no idea what you are talking about. Culling? What?
{/quote]

Wow, i don't know why i wrote "cull". It was "kill".
These weapons can kill the cacobyss. They are energy weapons and they can kill the cacobyss, which doesn't take any damage from other energy weapons.
Bubuche

Post by Bubuche »

Yholl wrote:
KILLER2 wrote:Also, Yholl, WHAT THE HELL?! You've always been considerate of other people and their work/opinions/problems, even to a fault I'd say, and now you say "well if you have epilepsy don't play it, LUL". I'm sorry but I find that to be a ridiculous response.
I never said that. I'm not sure why you would think I'd say something like that.

What I meant was basically, Doom features a very large amount of dark areas and flashing lights already, often combined. It doesn't seem likely that someone who suffers from epilepsy would go play something that could potentially harm them. It's a very flashing gun in an already flashing game. I expect most FPS games could be dangerous for someone suffering from epilepsy.

If you want it to be less flashy, I'll go do it. No need to explode at me.
I just want to add something about it. I understand your point and it's why I didn't mention it in my reply. Yes, you are right, doom is dangerous by itself for epileptic persons.
You got a point, I have nothing to add and it's why I didn't reply. You killed me with this answer.

Now, I am not epileptic ... and I don't want to become one. I heard that once you had an attack, you will more likely have other attacks. You know a it like diabet, once you got the problem it's too late.
And it's why I am prudent about this fast blinking. Maybe I am inconsistently prudent (playing doom => dangerous, don't use lightweaver => stupid inconsistency). You make me feel dumb. :geek:

You can notice that in the wad I uploaded, I scripted a blinking light with a veryyyy slow rate, just because every "doom built-in rate" was too fast for me.
And I souldn't reply that late, as my already poor english only get worst.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

doom is 18+

get real people
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Alright, I happen to have the luck getting a BFG10k and a Firestorm mod while playing as a marine. The BFG10k's pretty good for the marine when modded that way, it can cut through gobs of mooks like butter but really weak against enemies with splash damage or plasma resistance. Playing as a marine was fun with the high power plasma rifle and minigun and breezed through most levels of Hell on Earth Starter pack.

(and i replaced the soundtrack with c&c ones and star/warcraft, since I can't take the heavy metal and creepy soundtrack with the CH guys running around)
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

4thcharacter wrote:Alright, I happen to have the luck getting a BFG10k and a Firestorm mod while playing as a marine. The BFG10k's pretty good for the marine when modded that way, it can cut through gobs of mooks like butter but really weak against enemies with splash damage or plasma resistance. Playing as a marine was fun with the high power plasma rifle and minigun and breezed through most levels of Hell on Earth Starter pack.

(and i replaced the soundtrack with c&c ones and star/warcraft, since I can't take the heavy metal and creepy soundtrack with the CH guys running around)
Are you trying to copy me?

And yes BFG10K is awesome with the marine on firestorm and with sniper mod can perform pot explosions thru tiny holes
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:Alright, I happen to have the luck getting a BFG10k and a Firestorm mod while playing as a marine. The BFG10k's pretty good for the marine when modded that way, it can cut through gobs of mooks like butter but really weak against enemies with splash damage or plasma resistance. Playing as a marine was fun with the high power plasma rifle and minigun and breezed through most levels of Hell on Earth Starter pack.

Are you trying to copy me?

And yes BFG10K is awesome with the marine on firestorm and with sniper mod can perform pot explosions thru tiny holes

Did you also had a noisy high powered revolver and starcraft music playing on the background
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

4thcharacter wrote: Did you also had a noisy high powered revolver and starcraft music playing on the background
I had a noisy high powered minigun with me and this playing in the background https://youtu.be/ZnoROxsz0SU
and also had an white imp and black soul at the same time

Return to “Gameplay Mods”