DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:I fail to see what this has to do with DRLA.
Khorne is the Chaos God of combat and slaughter, Slaanesh is the Chaos God of excess and desire.
Brutal Doom & HDoom...get the flow?...
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Yholl wrote:
TheGmanID wrote:Ooooooh, I was about to post about wanting a couple new guns in, I really hope it's a demonic rarity shotgun.
Then you will be very disappointed.
It is a Legendary melee weapon.
Wasn't there some placeholders for like 3 demonic weapons?

Also that webm looks really dope. The HUD looks sweet.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Ribo Zurai wrote:Wasn't there some placeholders for like 3 demonic weapons?
If you're thinking of what I'm thinking, all those are at this point are a few lines of commented words, and some brainstorming in my text files.
They will likely show up at a much later date, although one will probably be in 1.2.
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Yholl wrote:I made a webm to satiate Pillowblaster's explodolust, might as well share it here too. Audio is a bit messed up, sorry.
Mother-In-Law
I am Simon, and i approve this, tremendously.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yholl wrote:Mother-In-Law

Wouldn't this choke up old toaster PC's? We all know how PB's visual effects tend to put poor old computers into submission.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

4thcharacter wrote:

Wouldn't this choke up old toaster PC's? We all know how PB's visual effects tend to put poor old computers into submission.
I imagine, like all the other effects that do this, it can probably be switched off.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

wildweasel wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:

I imagine, like all the other effects that do this, it can probably be switched off.
Yup, it can be disabled.
DRLA has a Fancy Projectiles cvar, which affects pretty much everything that's an attack. This is the amazing work of Ryan_Cordell, and it all looks fantastic!
I particularly like the plasma and BFG projectiles, they're very pretty.

Plus in all honesty, those effects are not going to do that much to the framerate, compared to the masses of enemies all gibbing at once. Which, y'know, is already a thing the Mother-In-Law does, heh.
TheGmanID

Post by TheGmanID »

TheGmanID wrote:I'd love to see more Perfect Dark weapons added too actually.
Yholl wrote:Unfortunately, this can never be a thing. While the Goldeneye weapon models are all available in GMod and stuff, PD weapons simply aren't, last we checked.
The RC-P120 was custom made by Shivers, hence why it has no elaborate animations, it isn't based on a model.
Well there are two Perfect Dark mods for doom, one that uses sprites directly ripped from the game, and look a little nasty, and another that has sprites completely made from scratch with doomguy hands holding them.
Although there is no Mauler :(
The Falcon and Magsec look okay though.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

This tidbit about Mike12 requesting a LEGENDARY MELEE weapon has me extremely excited. While M12 is pretty famous/infamous for HDoom, he had other side projects he talked about, as well as being included in a lot of major doom mods before. One of his side projects was a basic design of Guts for Doom uses, as well as some very basic sword swinging animations, which I'm sure he's had some time to improve upon. Fucking hyped!
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

TheGmanID wrote:Well there are two Perfect Dark mods for doom, one that uses sprites directly ripped from the game, and look a little nasty, and another that has sprites completely made from scratch with doomguy hands holding them.
I expect neither is centered though, which removes that possibility.
Doomguy914 wrote:This tidbit about Mike12 requesting a LEGENDARY MELEE weapon has me extremely excited.
He threw stuff at me for it a long time ago, but I wasn't too sure how to put it together back then. Now I think I can pull it off successfully.

Finished up the last thing needed for the HUDs today. There are only a few things left on my todo list now, the biggest being making that weapon. Apart from that, we're very very close to done.
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

Yholl wrote:
TheGmanID wrote:Well there are two Perfect Dark mods for doom, one that uses sprites directly ripped from the game, and look a little nasty, and another that has sprites completely made from scratch with doomguy hands holding them.
I expect neither is centered though, which removes that possibility.
What about model recreations?

https://i.imgur.com/HLFDfGr.png

https://i.imgur.com/393SbQI.png

There's a Half-Life 1 mod with a number of PD guns recreated from what I think is the original textures (not sure though).
Unfortunately it's not all of them and some of them don't look as accurate to their N64 counterparts.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

Yholl wrote:EDIT: I made a webm to satiate Pillowblaster's explodolust, might as well share it here too. Audio is a bit messed up, sorry.
Mother-In-Law

That looks nice. Although the more I stare at those cloud sprites, the more I don't like how... obscuring they are? I dunno, it's weird, but I don't like how firing the weapon basically makes you unable to see what you're shooting at. :P
rabid marine

Post by rabid marine »

iSpook wrote:
Yholl wrote:EDIT: I made a webm to satiate Pillowblaster's explodolust, might as well share it here too. Audio is a bit messed up, sorry.
Mother-In-Law

That looks nice. Although the more I stare at those cloud sprites, the more I don't like how... obscuring they are? I dunno, it's weird, but I don't like how firing the weapon basically makes you unable to see what you're shooting at. :P
Spoiler:
TheGmanID

Post by TheGmanID »

Hey is there any chance you could add an option to have rarity beams show for all classes? A console command or something.
Clocky
Location: Inside a BFG 10K's Energy Cell magazine (Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre)

Post by Clocky »

Will, or could, the next update could some of the nanomachic weapons have its own looks instead of the vanilla sprites

Return to “Gameplay Mods”