DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DarkTalon25

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by DarkTalon25 »

Machine-Reaper wrote:"unseen eyes notice your discovery"

I really don't understand this line since nothing happens after.
Did you do anything before you got the line?
Last edited by DarkTalon25 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

Hey, Yholl, i have been wondering if by any chance support for the TDBots could be added into DRLA. While i could try doing a compatibility patch, unfortunately the things i can do from a patch are far more limited vs. built-in support.

If needed, i can code and maintain everything myself, if you want to add support into the mod itself. These bots could play co-op fairly intelligently, with the ability to use modpacks, armor, items, assemblies and every weapon without much issue, and can follow players competently.

By the way, this doesn't break support for ZDoom 2.8.1, and it would give bots to people who want to play with bots.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:"unseen eyes notice your discovery"

I really don't understand this line since nothing happens after.
You picked up a Unique+ item, and activated the Unique Boss system.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Also do Legendary Items make a more Higher Pitched Signal Sound then before?
No. You might be mistaking it for the master assembly sound.
TDRR wrote:Hey, Yholl, i have been wondering if by any chance support for the TDBots could be added into DRLA.
Looking at what seems to be involved, I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to do this. That sounds like absolute gigatons of terror to attempt.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1

Post by TDRR »

Yholl wrote:Looking at what seems to be involved, I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to do this. That sounds like absolute gigatons of terror to attempt.
Understandable. Maybe i'll do a limited compat-patch then.
Thanks for the clear answer anyways.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Just out of curiosity Yholl, have you given any thought to adding a level up/perk system akin to Doom RL's to complete the full Doom RL experience of this mod?

Also, some thoughts on the recent changes:

-The new modpack item is...Interesting to say the least.
-Given the Minigun's already ridiculous ammo consumption, I'm wondering if the nerf really was justified, though I haven't been able to tell to what degree that nerf is yet.
-High power nerf really hurts, especially on my beloved hunting revolver on scout. Still good, but man, nowhere near as good as it used to be.
-Mother in Law nerf, while justified, has a bit of an issue: You have no way to tell when your next shot is ready. We need something to let us know when we can actually shoot the thing again. A visual charge gauge on it akin to the Nuclear BFG might be one idea.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Thanks for fixing adaptive difficulty to be functional, and for giving the option of starting DL and +DL/level, but at present, either max DL needs to be not homogenous, or DL/item needs to be adjustible too, since making every single monster type into max-tier gets really boring, and for progressive maps such as Doom 2 means the lower-tier variants may never be seen if you know your way around the mod.

EDIT: I haven't actually paired the monster mod with it much before but it seems some legendaries pierce armor entirely, which is EXTREMELY bad when mixing it with La Tailor Girl. Specifically the Spider Mastermind is instant death if you get hit, and like with most hitscan enemies, good luck. All you can really do is cheese them.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

I mean to be fair legendary mastermind is instant death regardless of what you pair it with save for IDDQD and maybe Russian Overkill.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

retronutcase wrote:Just out of curiosity Yholl, have you given any thought to adding a level up/perk system akin to Doom RL's to complete the full Doom RL experience of this mod?
No, such a thing is not part of the mod's scope.
retronutcase wrote:Mother in Law nerf, while justified, has a bit of an issue: You have no way to tell when your next shot is ready. We need something to let us know when we can actually shoot the thing again. A visual charge gauge on it akin to the Nuclear BFG might be one idea.
Yeah, already planning on it.
fakemai wrote:either max DL needs to be not homogenous, or DL/item needs to be adjustible too, since making every single monster type into max-tier gets really boring
It is very intentionally homogenous. I have no intentions on adjusting any part of it currently.
fakemai wrote:EDIT: I haven't actually paired the monster mod with it much before but it seems some legendaries pierce armor entirely, which is EXTREMELY bad when mixing it with La Tailor Girl.
rekt
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Yholl wrote:It is very intentionally homogenous. I have no intentions on adjusting any part of it currently.
My actual issue was the instant max DL from making even one master assembly, but you know now what I had set so that it was doing that. Figured it out when I went to adjust it locally, sorry to bother you. In fairness the RNG curse setting looks pretty innocuous unlike some of the other ones in LegenDoom Lite.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yholl, is it okay if i post the link here to a small mod i made, replacing secret sounds?

Because i was playing DoomRL with it + Strange Aeons and thought it was cool.
Bodhisattva
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Bodhisattva »

Haven't played this mod in a while. Is there a compatibility patch to use DRLA Monsters 7.2 together with Colourfull Hell 0.97CCC? I remember using one, but it was made for older versions: DRLA Monsters 6.2 + Colourfull Hell 0.95, to be precise.
memredi

Post by memredi »

best mod I have played in the recent
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

if you already have one of the new modpack type in your inventory, and walk across another on the ground... if your modpack inventory isn't filled up, walking across it won't make you pick it up, but instead it'll fill out your modpack tokens instead, permanently gimping the amount of mods you can carry.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

GAA1992 wrote:Yholl, is it okay if i post the link here to a small mod i made, replacing secret sounds?

Because i was playing DoomRL with it + Strange Aeons and thought it was cool.
Yeah sure! I'll link it in the main post if you'd like.
Carrotear
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Carrotear »

The game lags as soon as I start. I have fancy barrels and such turned off.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”