DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.2] [MP-B7.2]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Funky Gnoll wrote:Bullet weapons and shotguns work pretty well against the Cacobyss if you're having trouble with him. If the ball keeps moving behind him, you can get away with killing him if you also destroy the ball afterwards--if you're quick, he won't get a chance to revive.

And yes, the Watcher revives himself. Note that he only attacks when he's in melee range or when you're looking directly at him, so if you do look at him, do so with your finger on the trigger.
Cacobyss can be super easy with any rapid or burst weapon, just shoot at it only when its ball is in front of it, and Super Machinegun/Autoshotgun is BANE of it.

and make sure to turn on "Sensible Enemies Only" in Legendoom otherwise having a Leg Watcher that keep respawning is stupid.

also Soulstorm Rifle keeps firing Laser Beam forever after Firestorm modded (Descirption says will have a chance to fire laser for 6 seconds) using Marine Class just incase~
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Tartlman wrote:However, there's a glitch where there's a cacobyss orb just stuck in the air for no apparent reason and it produces a horrible, ear piercing noise constantly
That's not really a glitch, the orb is trying to resurrect the Cacobyss, but something is in the way, so it's just constantly blasting the area to try and succeed.
FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:I think I've officially mastered Yholl's DRL universe. :mrgreen:
Don't worry, I'm sure some of the upcoming monsters will fix that. Remember, Armageddon only has the Wildcard boss right now, the Abominant!
FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:Apparently, Angelic Attire also protects you against Hellstorm Elementals (or was it a bug...? Well, I had it equipped and got hit by a Hellstorm telefrag thingie right in the face and nothing happened).
Invulnerability protects against it.
FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:I've actually seen them appear/disappear right infront of me. Killing them is never permanent.
Not true, they have a percentage chance to respawn. If you kill them enough, eventually there'll be none left.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Yholl wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure some of the upcoming monsters will fix that. Remember, Armageddon only has the Wildcard boss right now, the Abominant
oh no
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure some of the upcoming monsters will fix that. Remember, Armageddon only has the Wildcard boss right now, the Abominant!
you put my Nuclear Cyberdemon idea in, lets see what else you have cooked up now.

OH OH, also since you kinda nerfed the Particle Cannon for the Marine, the new Firestorm Modification which makes singularity now is worse then even a Black Hole,

it absolutely kills and stuns anything near the Singularity and the more you make, the quicker everything dies around, its like Baron Blaster but Hitscan.
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Yholl wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure some of the upcoming monsters will fix that. Remember, Armageddon only has the Wildcard boss right now, the Abominant!
you put my Nuclear Cyberdemon idea in, lets see what else you have cooked up now.

OH OH, also since you kinda nerfed the Particle Cannon for the Marine, the new Firestorm Modification which makes singularity now is worse then even a Black Hole,

it absolutely kills and stuns anything near the Singularity and the more you make, the quicker everything dies around, its like Baron Blaster but Hitscan.
the downside is that there's so much screen shake you feel like you're having a seizure
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Tartlman wrote: the downside is that there's so much screen shake you feel like you're having a seizure
meh, first world problems
FollowTheDamnTrain

Post by FollowTheDamnTrain »

Yholl wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure some of the upcoming monsters will fix that.
Good. Bring in all the demons, their stay won't be very pleasant.

Really looking forward to the future!
Spoiler:
Yholl wrote:Invulnerability protects against it.
Then it was a bug, I suppose. I didn't have Invulnerability on.
Yholl wrote:Not true, they have a percentage chance to respawn. If you kill them enough, eventually there'll be none left.
My bad.
I was under the impression that they could respawn indefinitely.

I swear though, I have seen (and heard) them spawn/despawn randomly a few times. Sometimes, I could also randomly hear that hissing noise in the distance that they emit when they die (and on respawn, I think?) without any infighting going on.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:I got this idea for an armor lingering in my head.
I can do damagetype stuff, but not specific projectiles. I also would not be able to prevent it from hurting you.
FollowTheDamnTrain wrote:I swear though, I have seen (and heard) them spawn/despawn randomly a few times. Sometimes, I could also randomly hear that hissing noise in the distance that they emit when they die (and on respawn, I think?) without any infighting going on.
That sound and the whooshing smoke is not only used when they die or respawn, but also when they teleport. They do not teleport normally.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:That sound and the whooshing smoke is not only used when they die or respawn, but also when they teleport. They do not teleport normally.
they teleport like Dark Marty/ Angry Demon looking for a Stolen gun?

cause I always thought they respawned in the last place they were killed so I used to kick them into gorges and pit falls where they won't become a problem after rewhooshing.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:they teleport like Dark Marty/ Angry Demon looking for a Stolen gun?
No, I mean that when they teleport due to the map or whatever, it uses that effect instead of the usual green teleport rift. They do not teleport of their own accord.
Machine-Reaper wrote:cause I always thought they respawned in the last place they were killed so I used to kick them into gorges and pit falls where they won't become a problem after rewhooshing.
No, when they respawn they return to where they spawned, so kicking them in a gorge won't do anything if it kills them. If they're still alive though, that's a great way of dealing with them.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:]No, when they respawn they return to where they spawned, so kicking them in a gorge won't do anything if it kills them. If they're still alive though, that's a great way of dealing with them.
so that's how it worked!

I save my Spartan Sandals just for that!
Spoiler:
FollowTheDamnTrain

Post by FollowTheDamnTrain »

Yholl wrote:I can do damagetype stuff, but not specific projectiles. I also would not be able to prevent it from hurting you.
I see.

A good alternative could be a reflective armor which has a special (activated via bunch of cells, maybe) that gives you a short amount of reflective type Invulnerability. I haven't seen anything like this in the mod, correct me if I'm wrong. I've tested it by replacing the powerup type/mode of the Solo Operative Suit; works like a charm.
I don't yet exactly understand the structure of your entire code, otherwise I'd create my own new armor for it.
Yholl wrote:No, I mean that when they teleport due to the map or whatever, it uses that effect instead of the usual green teleport rift. They do not teleport of their own accord.
Well, I guess this explains everything. Stupid me. I was hearing this whooshing sound on level 8 for example, and I was wondering what the heck was going on everytime. There's a room with a pit full of these fuckers, and since they don't have an idle mode, they immediately move towards the wall of that pit and there's a hidden teleporter there. Now everything makes sense...
Tohg7.
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Tohg7. »

Excuse me Yholl, i came up with a suggestion class that would be in connection with the "Berserker" & "Brute" traits called "The Berserker". Melee weapons would deal more damage, Fist Kills would build up a berserk meter and fists would deal more damage. In your opinion, what are your thoughts on my suggestion?
Tartlman

Post by Tartlman »

Tohg7. wrote:Excuse me Yholl, i came up with a suggestion class that would be in connection with the "Berserker" & "Brute" traits called "The Berserker". Melee weapons would deal more damage, Fist Kills would build up a berserk meter and fists would deal more damage. In your opinion, what are your thoughts on my suggestion?
i believe the commando class or whatever it was called - the one you can't select - is going to be a melee class
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Tartlman wrote:
Tohg7. wrote:Excuse me Yholl, i came up with a suggestion class that would be in connection with the "Berserker" & "Brute" traits called "The Berserker". Melee weapons would deal more damage, Fist Kills would build up a berserk meter and fists would deal more damage. In your opinion, what are your thoughts on my suggestion?
i believe the commando class or whatever it was called - the one you can't select - is going to be a melee class
but...a melee oriented class seems kind of lacking cause there aren't that many dedicated melee weapons/armours in the game as of yet.

also I would like it if it was Female character instead of male just for variety.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”