DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Viscra Maelstrom

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1] [MP-B7.0]

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the PDA entries for the ballistic armors mention them having a fire weakness, which according to the stats, it no longer has (the red type even gives you resistance now).
likewise, the soulshatter armor says it has no bullet resistance, but upon putting it on, it seems to actually make you close to impervious to bullets.
you can't reload the sniper rifle when scoped if you've applied a bulk mod to it until you fire a couple rounds first, so that the magazine capacity becomes 8 or 7.

edit: power modding the shredder shotgun as the renegade seems to still remove the extra pellets he would normally have, making it a noticeable downgrade.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Installing 3rd pentagram on Hell's Reign made my 2.8.1 crash :(
SimonTheDigger

Post by SimonTheDigger »

Found some bugs while messing around in the test map:

The Triad Cannon forces a weapon switch if you hit the altfire button/key, as though you tried to use an altfire without having enough ammo - even if you have the maximum possible rocket ammo cap of 600 (with the Dedicated Backpack.)
The Jackhammer says that it qualifies for the Marine's Ammochain perk, even though it doesn't, and it cannot actually be modded to increase its fire rate in any way.
Demiosis

Post by Demiosis »

Tried with both Gzdoom 2.1.1 and 3.7.2 with DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.pk3 + DoomRL_Monsters_Beta_7.0.pk3

An oblige map was used to play the mod.

When a Nightmare cyber demon target you for its blue lazer attack it freeze the game, need to Alt + Tab and after a while the windows: Gzdoom is not responding.. do you wanna close the program or wait for it to respond pop off and that it..

Played with demolitionist , no armors/boots/weapons except rocket launcher and fists , nightmare difficulty.
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

Sorry my English is some bad , I use a translator :oops:
hey? Is it really? I'm not dreaming? Did you really update it? :shock: literally this is a dream come true for me, really thank you very much is a great thing, in my opinion my favorite mod and the best for doom that exists and it is incredible that it really updated, it is something that I really craved too, thank you very much i love this mod :wub: .. ..but is it playable in zdoom like the previous version? or I need another port? literally it's a dream come true it's like a real horrorshow oh my brothers...
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

Hello, I have been using this mod since the latest update along with legendoom, the soundmod, bolongnese gore and eday. I just wanted to say I LOVE it and just wanted to offer my opinion as to what could improve it... perhaps if weapons had alternative/secondary fire modes that were somewhat randomized (according to slot used/rarity) then I think this mod would be just about perfect imo. Anyway hope you consider adding alt fire modes and thanks for the amazing mod! btw: one last thing, you may want to add legendoom weapon legendary effects into the pda for currently equipped weapons. Sometimes the text when picking up goes by too fast and I can't tell what the effect is, being able to see it in the pda/weapons section would help a lot.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

tyrantkyng wrote:perhaps if weapons had alternative/secondary fire modes that were somewhat randomized (according to slot used/rarity) then I think this mod would be just about perfect imo.
Certain weapons have alternate fire modes...
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

sky floors munch dropped modpacks out of existance
Sokoro

Post by Sokoro »

How does one get demonic runes? Do I need to play with monster pack to get them?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Sokoro wrote:How does one get demonic runes? Do I need to play with monster pack to get them?
When you kill all monsters in a map, there is a chance that a Cyberdemon (or some other equal boss possibly in new version) will spawn in your starting location,
The music will also change signifying its presence.

Kill this monster and it will drop a Demoinc Rune.

However the chance of having it spawn depends on the settings you set in DRLA Options

(find a "Chance to Spawn" like setting and set it to a higher number)

HOWEVER due to changes in the new version where some random "Bosses" spawn randomly at any time in a map after you have picked up a Unique Weapon/Armour
it might be possible you might get said Boss to spawn which will drop a Demonic Rune.

EDIT*

You do not need the Monster pack, it will work without it as well.
Sokoro

Post by Sokoro »

thanks.

Does anyone have the old 1.05 version? I deleted mine and I would like to compare some values.
Grumpy Tengu

Post by Grumpy Tengu »

Quick bug i found, when using the plasma-uzi and you reload it takes double the amount of cells than needed for example reloading a full clip aka 32 rounds it takes 64 cellammo. Encountered this when playing on gzdoom version 3.7.2
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

regarding demonic artifacts, one of the new bosses seems to drop it guaranteed too, regardless of whether you have a demonic weapon or not. good luck killing it though (especially if it turns legendary first time you encounter it).
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by Yholl »

Chunes wrote:One thing I noticed is that the PDA only shows damage, spread etc. for basic weapons. Is that intended?
Another minor thing is the PDA doesn't show the sharpshooter multiplier for individual weapons like it did in 1.05.
Will be done at some point in the future, this is a terrifying amount of work to do.
NickDoom wrote:Installing 3rd pentagram on Hell's Reign made my 2.8.1 crash :(
Can't reproduce.
Juste_ssgunner wrote:but is it playable in zdoom like the previous version? or I need another port?
It runs on the same old version as the old 1.05 did. Feel free to use anything from ZDoom 2.8.1 or GZDoom 2.1.1 onwards to play.
tyrantkyng wrote:btw: one last thing, you may want to add legendoom weapon legendary effects into the pda for currently equipped weapons. Sometimes the text when picking up goes by too fast and I can't tell what the effect is, being able to see it in the pda/weapons section would help a lot.
What in the world are you doing?
You're not supposed to run LegenDoom and DRLA Arsenal together, you're supposed to use LegenDoomLite!
Grumpy Tengu wrote:Quick bug i found, when using the plasma-uzi and you reload it takes double the amount of cells than needed for example reloading a full clip aka 32 rounds it takes 64 cellammo. Encountered this when playing on gzdoom version 3.7.2
Not a bug.

Anyway, new big ol' bugfix update is here. Thank you very much for your patience, and for putting up with all this broken crap all this time.
KILLER2

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.1] [MP-B7.1]

Post by KILLER2 »

Some way to view the full description of armors in the PDA would be useful in case you can't remove your current armor without destroying it, since the description contains useful info like armor specials etc.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”