DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Machine-Reaper

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Machine-Reaper »

shadstarn wrote:how do we know when a new release is released ? i am new to zdlforum
subscribe to this topic for just 4.99$ (inclusive of taxes)
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

4thcharacter wrote:Versions beyond 1.1 won't have any master assembly that doesn't need any exotics? Didn't you said that there will be a high capacity blaster and that thing that pierces enemy defenses and those would not require exotics?
If you're referring to the High Capacity assembly mentioned on page 366, it's a counterpart to the in-game High Power assembly, and as such is a Basic.

As for the defense-piercing weapon, I don't recall Yholl-sama talking about such a thing, but it probably would require an exotic mod.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

DarkTalon25 wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:Versions beyond 1.1 won't have any master assembly that doesn't need any exotics? Didn't you said that there will be a high capacity blaster and that thing that pierces enemy defenses and those would not require exotics?
If you're referring to the High Capacity assembly mentioned on page 366, it's a counterpart to the in-game High Power assembly, and as such is a Basic.

As for the defense-piercing weapon, I don't recall Yholl-sama talking about such a thing, but it probably would require an exotic mod.
He said what I mentioned on page 338. On the high capacity blaster thing, maybe that master assembly version of it can store more than your typical High Capacity assembly?
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

Ah, I see the blaster, but not the defense piercer. And the master version should have a high power counterpart. Wonder how that would work?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

4thcharacter wrote:Versions beyond 1.1 won't have any master assembly that doesn't need any exotics?
The Ripper still won't. Actually, looking at my list, there are quite a few later on that don't, but for 1.1 the Ripper will be the only one that doesn't require it.
shadstarn wrote:how do we know when a new release is released ? i am new to zdlforum
Dunno. Just check the topic title every now and then, I guess.
4thcharacter wrote:Didn't you said that there will be a high capacity blaster and that thing that pierces enemy defenses and those would not require exotics?
Spoiler: OH NO NOT secrets
A little sneeki-peeki at my list to clear that up. I never said pierces defences, I said reduces resistance, the difference is substantial.
One thing I did a while back was come up with a Master Assembly specific to every single Standard and Exotic weapon, those are two of them.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

you know, from the thread title, but with ow much is posted in, i dont know the actual version this mod's at, ahaha
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

chronoteeth wrote:you know, from the thread title, but with ow much is posted in, i dont know the actual version this mod's at, ahaha
Publicly? It's still at 1.05. 1.1's been a long, long time coming.
VOliver9

Post by VOliver9 »

Hello, when I try to launch ZDoom 2.8.1 with DRLA and the monster pack, it says "failed to allocate -1 bytes from process heap" (if I remember correctly).

What's the problem?
Thexare

Post by Thexare »

Yholl wrote:One thing I did a while back was come up with a Master Assembly specific to every single Standard and Exotic weapon, those are two of them.
For that, do the Nuclear Plasma Rifle and Nuclear BFG count as seperate from their base models with their own unique Master Assembly, or do they share with the stock version?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

VOliver9 wrote:Hello, when I try to launch ZDoom 2.8.1 with DRLA and the monster pack, it says "failed to allocate -1 bytes from process heap" (if I remember correctly).

What's the problem?
No idea, sorry. I've never heard something like that before, I wouldn't even slightly know what the issue is.
Thexare wrote:
Yholl wrote:One thing I did a while back was come up with a Master Assembly specific to every single Standard and Exotic weapon, those are two of them.
For that, do the Nuclear Plasma Rifle and Nuclear BFG count as seperate from their base models with their own unique Master Assembly, or do they share with the stock version?
Seperate. Every single Standard and Exotic has been brainstormed to have a Master Assembly unique to it, along with lots of others.
Again, this is just future thonkage. It won't be anytime soon.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

what i am trying to ask is will the new release be added to the end of this post or will the old link be updated?
VOliver9

Post by VOliver9 »

Yholl wrote:No idea, sorry. I've never heard something like that before, I wouldn't even slightly know what the issue is.
Oh well. DRLA on its own works though. I will try redownloading the monster pack, maybe that will help.

Another bug: when I try to drop the double WSTE-M5 shotguns, it says "runaway script terminated", and the guns just disappear. It also says "modpack extracted from discarded weapon", so I guess it's only a problem with the Technician class (haven't tried with the other classes).
Simon-v

Post by Simon-v »

Could i have a list of assembly recipes and exotic mod effects that are changed from the current release in 1.1 and as such need to be invalidated from my internal knowledge database? Not the specific information, actually, but just their names will be fine. Don't really feel like either taking advantage of knowledge i'm technically not supposed to be having, nor doing a full player data reset.
ToxicFrog
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): NixOS

Post by ToxicFrog »

shadstarn wrote:what i am trying to ask is will the new release be added to the end of this post or will the old link be updated?
I would expect the thread title to be updated and the links in the OP to be changed to point to the new version.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

VOliver9 wrote:Another bug: when I try to drop the double WSTE-M5 shotguns, it says "runaway script terminated", and the guns just disappear. It also says "modpack extracted from discarded weapon", so I guess it's only a problem with the Technician class (haven't tried with the other classes).
Just checked to make sure, looks like I fixed this at some point. Thanks anyway!
Simon-v wrote:Could i have a list of assembly recipes and exotic mod effects that are changed from the current release in 1.1 and as such need to be invalidated from my internal knowledge database? Not the specific information, actually, but just their names will be fine. Don't really feel like either taking advantage of knowledge i'm technically not supposed to be having, nor doing a full player data reset.
I really wish I could. Unfortunately I don't entirely remember, and apparently I didn't write it down either, like an idiot.

Off the top of my head, Plasma Infusion, Conqueror Shotgun, Zeus Cannon, Anti-materiel Rifle are different. I can't remember if there are others, sorry.
ToxicFrog wrote:
shadstarn wrote:what i am trying to ask is will the new release be added to the end of this post or will the old link be updated?
I would expect the thread title to be updated and the links in the OP to be changed to point to the new version.
Yup.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”