DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jayrassic Park

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Jayrassic Park »

Yholl wrote:
Jayrassic Park wrote:Most likely due to me using the newest SVN as of today
There is no SVN.
GZDooM's SVN, I mean. But thanks for the update.
michealyourman wrote:is there a way to see all the weapons? i really wont to see all the the weapons but the 6 weapon limit prevents me. is there a way?
Give Everything works, but predictably, that much hackery will cause crashing GZDooM if you pull up certain weapons. (Again, I'm not on the Stable version, so...)
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

If you use GZDoom 2.1.1 most weapons should be functional even with the cheat.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Jayrassic Park wrote:GZDooM's SVN, I mean. But thanks for the update.
Oh whoops, my bad, hahaha.

In other news, some super cool artists have been making me some amazing concept art for further DRLA classes in the future, and I'm super happy.
they're so cool aaa

Continuing to chip away at the todo list, down to 23 from the 40 or so I had a while back. Progress progress!
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

Yholl wrote:progress
Huzzah!
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Yholl wrote:
Jayrassic Park wrote:GZDooM's SVN, I mean. But thanks for the update.
Oh whoops, my bad, hahaha.

In other news, some super cool artists have been making me some amazing concept art for further DRLA classes in the future, and I'm super happy.
they're so cool aaa

Continuing to chip away at the todo list, down to 23 from the 40 or so I had a while back. Progress progress!
Yes, yes, gooooood. I'm really looking forward to my Nuclear Barrels-only Demolitionist run.
gaydad420

Post by gaydad420 »

Someone a few pages back mentioned that the multiplayer DM weapon flag doesn't work with DRLA because of weapons being replaced with CustomInventory actors, I figured I'd take a crack at making a fix:

Weapons are replaced with dummy actors inherited from the Weapon class, to trigger the flag and remove the DM weapons as necessary. Once that's done, the remaining actors spawn in their respective weapon CustomInventory actor, then deletes itself, all within the same tic. There are probably some edge cases that I haven't thought of that would break this but it seems to work well enough, test it out on your next co-op session! Then yell at me when something breaks! I would greatly appreciate it.

Download here. Load after the main DRLA wad.
Scottbert

Post by Scottbert »

Found a bug: After adding two bulk modpacks to the P90, reloading it sets the bullets in your ammo pool to 0, no matter how many you had.

Unsure if bug: the MIRV launcher says one modpack type shortens its reload time, but it doesn't seem to have a reload function. Didn't have the right modpacks to see if it shortened the animation that plays after firing.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Technical modpacks typically decreases the reload time for most weapons, the MIRV included. you might not have noticed it, because the reload time without a Technical mod is already fairly fast (although with the mod it does reload considerably faster), and holding down fire when firing a weapon makes the weapon autoreload when the magazine is empty. unless this is about the Exotic mods you can apply to them, because i think the Nano one doesn't work properly, but i recall the effects of Exotics on the MIRV is going to change in the upcoming release.
MrPyrite

Post by MrPyrite »

I just learned a thing about Doom RL Arsenal:

it seems that there is an sv_fastweapons 3, so I tested it out with a Nano Super Shotgun.
I think I just found a way to make a weapon stupidly OP. Dont believe me? Try it for youself.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Yholl wrote:Continuing to chip away at the todo list, down to 23 from the 40 or so I had a while back. Progress progress!
Oh so that means the amazing Update is lurking near, right? :D
MrPyrite

Post by MrPyrite »

ok, i'm not trying to be snarky or nitpicky, but why doesn't the Incineration Device Launcher have no description when looking at the info page for it?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i recall the effects of Exotics on the MIRV is going to change in the upcoming release.
MIRV got a revamp, yeah.
lwks wrote:Oh so that means the amazing Update is lurking near, right? :D
Down to 10 now.
That doesn't mean it's near, that just means I'm getting closer. All sorts of weird sheninagans or IRL stuff could get in the way, so I'm not gonna say it's almost done. That happens too often for my liking.
EDIT: Down to 5.
MrPyrite wrote:ok, i'm not trying to be snarky or nitpicky, but why doesn't the Incineration Device Launcher have no description when looking at the info page for it?
it probably bork
Sokoro

Post by Sokoro »

down to 5? the hype intensifies! it is almost 3 years since this mod got a cacoward. New version would be nice way to celebrate it. Code well and prosper!
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

I don't think the developers are gonna release this early just for a cacoward.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i don't think it'd be eligible for a Cacoward, since it... already won one. i can't recall any instances where incremental updates has won one before. managing your expectations is probably the best thing you can do.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”