DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Ryan Cordell »

NotSoHazy wrote:Anyone tried this mod with gzdoom 2.4? It works normally?
There's shenanigans with the statusbar and user scaling when you pull up the inventory display, but other than that I don't see any problems with running it on post-zscript Q/GZDooms.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Ryan Cordell wrote: There's shenanigans with the statusbar and user scaling when you pull up the inventory display, but other than that I don't see any problems with running it on post-zscript Q/GZDooms.
The new feature for the current version is the ZScript, maybe DoomRLA might moved into the new ZScript system
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

What's Z-Script~? I haven't updated my GZDoom since 2.2 (I think) and haven't found a real reason to update.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

skyrish10 wrote:The new feature for the current version is the ZScript, maybe DoomRLA might moved into the new ZScript system
No. DRLA is designed for 2.8.1/2.1.1
Tanksy wrote:What's Z-Script~? I haven't updated my GZDoom since 2.2 (I think) and haven't found a real reason to update.
A language-y process-y thingo like Decorate, but has much more access to internal engine stuff.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Tanksy wrote:What's Z-Script~? I haven't updated my GZDoom since 2.2 (I think) and haven't found a real reason to update.
Basically the new Lingo...call it ZD-Tech 6
SwiftFunk
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SwiftFunk »

Ryan Cordell wrote:
NotSoHazy wrote:Anyone tried this mod with gzdoom 2.4? It works normally?
There's shenanigans with the statusbar and user scaling when you pull up the inventory display, but other than that I don't see any problems with running it on post-zscript Q/GZDooms.
I had an issue with Gzdoom 2.4 and this mod where equiping any armor would crash. Not sure what exactly causes it, cause there are no logs that I can find.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Got a bunch of long-standing bugs fixed thanks to the sorceror known only as mab, and I'm currently getting stuck into a whole bunch of little tweaks to guns all over the place.
Got the Renegade's new ability fully in now; picking up shells or a shellbox will give him a free shot with any shell-using weapon!
Next I might try and see if I can go alter all weapons to not have any prefire delay at all.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:Got a bunch of long-standing bugs fixed thanks to the sorceror known only as mab, and I'm currently getting stuck into a whole bunch of little tweaks to guns all over the place.
Got the Renegade's new ability fully in now; picking up shells or a shellbox will give him a free shot with any shell-using weapon!
Next I might try and see if I can go alter all weapons to not have any prefire delay at all.
Does that mean other Classes will also receive some new abilities???
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:Does that mean other Classes will also receive some new abilities???
Yup.
Marine has increased firerate with rapidfire weapons while under the effects of any powerup.
Scout can double jump.
Technician is not entirely decided upon, but will likely allow him to scrap modpacks to repair armor.
Renegade gets free shots on shell using weapons when he picks up shell ammo pickups.
Demolitionist will drop a bunch of grenades and bombs whenever his armor breaks.

Technician and Demolitionist are the only ones not done yet.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:Demolitionist will drop a bunch of grenades and bombs whenever his armor breaks.
Looks like spare Armour will come in handy now~
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Yholl wrote: Demolitionist will drop a bunch of grenades and bombs whenever his armor breaks.
"You FUCKERS, my DAD gave me those bombs! For my birthday!!"
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

Yholl wrote:Renegade gets free shots on shell using weapons when he picks up shell ammo pickups.
I have some questions about the renegade's free shot ability.

Does this apply to all shell weapons in his weapon slots or just the current one that he's wielding? Will the bonus reset when switching weapon or dropping it?

Will the bonus apply to shell weapons that have secondary fire like the megaton shotgun or single shot shell weapon like the elephant gun?

Does the bonus stack when you picked up additional shell pickups?
Last edited by Pokky on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Pokky wrote:Does this apply to all shell weapons in his weapon slots or just the current one that he's wielding? Will the bonus reset when switching weapon or dropping it?
All shell weapons. It does not disappear until it is used.
Pokky wrote:Will the bonus apply to shell weapons that have secondary fire like the megaton shotgun or single shot shell weapon *elephant gun*
Yes, all shell weapons being fired.
Pokky wrote:Does the bonus stack when you picked up additional shell pickups?
It does not stack, you can only have one free shot at a time.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

When I load this mod (RL Arsenal + hud) GZDoom gives me a ton of decorate errors, although the game seems to run. Is this normal or do I have to expecterrors while playing? Is it because I'm using GZDoom 2.4?
Script warning, "doomrl_arsenal_1.05.wad:DECORATE" line 4010:
Unknown class name 'RLCyberdemon' of type 'Actor'
Just one example.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

These errors reference monsters from the Monster Pack addon. The game should probably run just fine, even if you're not loading that.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”