DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Post by Yholl »

Tesculpture wrote:The grenades fired by Legendary Mancubi use explosion sprites from RL Arsenal; loading RL Monsters/LegenDoom Lite without RL Arsenal causes the explosions to become invisible.
Hahahhaa, whoops! Thanks for the heads up.

Work on 1.2 is progressing nicely now, all new Suits have been added, and the two new backpacks have also been added and are fully functional. Next will be adding in the new weaponry!
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Can't wait. DRLA is still probably my favorite gameplay mod. That said, you mentioned weapons. Will 1.2 be the Comando update?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

retronutcase wrote:Can't wait. DRLA is still probably my favorite gameplay mod. That said, you mentioned weapons. Will 1.2 be the Comando update?
I can guess its a female commando and already has a rainbow armour in the game.
8-)
Final Verdict

Post by Final Verdict »

I sunk about 200hrs into this a few years ago when I was going through some mega-wads. Definitely one of my favourite gameplay mods.

It's great to see it's still being updated and built upon.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

retronutcase wrote:Will 1.2 be the Comando update?
No, 1.2 is the Experience update. It will add a bunch of items that a friend and co-developer has wanted for a long time.
Machine-Reaper wrote:I can guess its a female commando and already has a rainbow armour in the game.
Incorrect on both accounts.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:Incorrect on both accounts.
hey I've seen some sprites man, its all connected man!
: D
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

I'm not sure if the Adaptive difficulty is working for me correctly. I keep seeing Armageddon enemies.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Sgt. Ham wrote:I'm not sure if the Adaptive difficulty is working for me correctly. I keep seeing Armageddon enemies.
Armageddon enemies are the highest difficulty enemies in the game and if your pick up something very special or more while playing adaptive, they will appear more then usual as punishment
(its not proper but its the way its supposed to give you an idea that you have something really good in your hands and now bigger baddies are coming after you)

also you should reduce the Danger level to 1 and change danger per map to 0 and turn off RNGESUS, this will cause difficulty to ramp up slowly and not suddenly throw Arma-enemies at you.
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Sgt. Ham wrote:I'm not sure if the Adaptive difficulty is working for me correctly. I keep seeing Armageddon enemies.
Armageddon enemies are the highest difficulty enemies in the game and if your pick up something very special or more while playing adaptive, they will appear more then usual as punishment
(its not proper but its the way its supposed to give you an idea that you have something really good in your hands and now bigger baddies are coming after you)

also you should reduce the Danger level to 1 and change danger per map to 0 and turn off RNGESUS, this will cause difficulty to ramp up slowly and not suddenly throw Arma-enemies at you.
It still didn't work so I finally decided to download GZDoom 2.1.1 like it insisted in the loading screen and it worked. I guess I'm going to have to get used to having 3 versions of GZDoom installed now. :stuppor:
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Sgt. Ham wrote: It still didn't work so I finally decided to download GZDoom 2.1.1 like it insisted in the loading screen and it worked. I guess I'm going to have to get used to having 3 versions of GZDoom installed now. :stuppor:
welcome to the green side of life baby!
Spoiler:
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

I run RL Arsenal on GZDoom 4.3.3 and the spawning in Adaptive mode works fine.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

Yes, can confirm I've had no problems with Adaptive on current GZD versions.
Itschristian

Post by Itschristian »

There should be a weapon that can be modded as much as you want. But with a low damage upon first pickup as a downside. Oh,and,how do you assemble an armor?
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Armor cannot currently be assembled and this is likely to remain the case indefinitely.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

equipping Nano Ablative Armor has the side effect of making you completely invulnerable to damaging floors, regardless of if your boots aren't resistant enough, and even if you don't have any boots equipped at all. the effect persists even if you take off the armor, although it finally resets itself if you equip a different armor. additionally, the health drain altfire of the Unmaker stops the armor from regenerating itself for a few seconds.

if you have automatic reload turned on, and reload the Megaton Shotgun after using its altfire, you won't be able to interrupt its reloading sequence.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”