DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NickDoom

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by NickDoom »

especially when the project author has already told you to quit it
I'm really sorry. It's sometimes hard for me to distinguish a purely theoretical, but DRLA-related, question and an offtopic question. All that Use bindings etc are assumed to be DRLA compatible.

Zdoom jump can't always compensate player speeds lower that vanilla. It works on rifts with same height, but it sometimes can't work with cliffs.
jump_vs_speed.gif
jump_vs_speed.gif (4.24 KiB) Viewed 883 times
There are always some workarounds. You can implement a sprint option which allows to run with vanilla speed for limited time, and then lowers the speed or even begins to damage player's health. And, speaking about the „Using empty spaces“ event detection (this time it's definitely not an offtopic): if it's possible with Decorate, it can help to avoid binding a new key. Run + Use + nothing to actually use = Sprint. So no additional buttons will make acrobatic jumps even more difficult.
Spoiler:
Sokoro

Post by Sokoro »

Yholl wrote:
Sokoro wrote:I am personally anticipating the 1.1 for the Commando class, it will be fun to play rip and tear style, but also have some cool weapons for edge cases :D
Commando has not been worked on at all, and is in the exact same state is in 1.05.
Well, I guess that is an oppurtunity for me to make my own personal adjustments and code it myself after 1.1 comes out.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:is it possible that you can adjust the slow speed of the Marine Class because playing with him in map packs where you need to run fast over gaps is very bad or impossible for him.
(Jumping is also annoying with him)

(I'm not sure if I'm the one only feeling this or is his speed reduction true?)
There is no speed reduction, the classes walk slower, but run at Doomguy's normal speed, except Scout who is a bit faster.
If you are playing with a controller, it's possible that you are being affected by the fact that walk speed is greatly reduced, something which wouldn't affect someone using a keyboard (i.e. something that doesn't allow intermediate amounts of movement.)
Sokoro wrote:Well, I guess that is an oppurtunity for me to make my own personal adjustments and code it myself after 1.1 comes out.
Commando already exists and is playable, he simply has no sprites or sounds tailored to him, nor any weapons he benefits from besides his fists. You can already play as him in 1.05.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:There is no speed reduction, the classes walk slower, but run at Doomguy's normal speed, except Scout who is a bit faster.
If you are playing with a controller, it's possible that you are being affected by the fact that walk speed is greatly reduced, something which wouldn't affect someone using a keyboard (i.e. something that doesn't allow intermediate amounts of movement.)
who plays Doom with a Controller? (no offense)

and well it seems that there is some sort of acceleration that is happening that you need to build up before you gain the same speed as Vanilla Doomguy in DRLA.

Since I've been playing Zandronum a lot with Vanilla stuff mostly, it has made me feel that the movement in DRLA is too realistic (Strained)

Maybe you can add a toggle which disables this perhaps?
Spoiler:
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

So Sprint is not needed. Arch-vile dies.
he simply has no sprites or sounds tailored to him
Should I give it a try? Or take Wolf3D B. J. as a base?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:and well it seems that there is some sort of acceleration that is happening that you need to build up before you gain the same speed as Vanilla Doomguy in DRLA.

Since I've been playing Zandronum a lot with Vanilla stuff mostly, it has made me feel that the movement in DRLA is too realistic (Strained)
No offense, but I think you're imagining it. Run speed is exactly the same.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Maybe you can add a toggle which disables this perhaps?
Impossible.
Machine-Reaper wrote:
Spoiler:
I've no wish to do this, because any custom maps with new textures will not have specific sounds. I'd rather stick with boot-specific ones.
NickDoom wrote:Should I give it a try? Or take Wolf3D B. J. as a base?
Thanks for the offer, but I must decline. It'll get done eventually.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1] [MP-B7.0]

Post by Yholl »

hey did you know that I was actually under the impression I'd only been working on this update for about a year until a few days ago?
yeah
my mind broke slightly when I realised

also hi have the long lost ancient secrets of DRLA 1.1 and Monsterpack B7.0

AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS IT IS FINALLY FREE
and of course I find a bunch of bugs right afterwards, because of course.

Anyway, I want to offer my heartfelt apologies for taking so utterly long with this update. You've been patiently waiting for so long for me, and I am really sorry it took so long.
Remember, don't get too excited over this, this update was mostly a polish overhaul, not a massive content update.

Please, enjoy!

EDIT: Oh right uhhh
Expect bugs

Lots of them
swarming
hungering for your flesh

Please report any stupid crap you find to me.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

HELL

YEAH
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Wonderful! Now I know what I will be playing tonight. :D
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Now to wait for Sumwunn to update DoomRPG to support this version of the mod and monster pack.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

It's probably something I can learn to live with if I have to, but I was right at the start of Underhalls with both the main file and monster pack loaded, and when I fired my combat shotgun the monsters in the red key area heard me and teleported over, and I thought that was very rude of them.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Finally it's here! *coyly looks at noose* Not today, old friend. Not today.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

The PDA was exactly what this mod needed for me, so that I can actually compare the exact damage values of weapons and whatnot! I love all the polish. The PDA is amazing, the new hud is great, the retooled weapons are great. Congrats on the release, Yholl!
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

IT'S HAPPENING

I'm really happy to have had a part in this, congrats and have fun everyone!
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

I second this. You could say.. I triade this.

You'll know when you'll find it.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”