DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Patriot1776

Re: [WIP] DoomRL Arsenal - Beta 3

Post by Patriot1776 »

Lots of script warnings, and a few SBARINFO script errors when loading this Beta 3, and I'm using latest version of GZDoom, is this ZDoom only, not GZDoom?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Patriot1776 wrote:Lots of script warnings, and a few SBARINFO script errors when loading this Beta 3, and I'm using latest version of GZDoom, is this ZDoom only, not GZDoom?
ZDoom and GZDoom both work fine. Don't worry about the warnings, they're basically there because I've got the infrastructure for the weapons that haven't been made yet. When the weapons are done, those will automatically start working fine.
Gouanaco wrote:btw is using cheats to view the weapons for testing cheating? or is it just...?
not
Haha, yes, using cheats is considered cheating by most people. Testing out new weapons in a Beta is never a bad thing, so don't worry about it. Just make sure you tell me how you broke them. :lol:
Gouanaco wrote:Also i stopped working on the map wad. Do you want me to still work on it?
I don't mind, do whatever you feel like doing. That's why I didn't work on Beta 3 at all until the last weekend, then did it in a few days flat. Whatever you find fun. :)
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Okay then, thanks. What graphics enhancements mods work best with this? Just tried to load this up with Particle-Fire-Enhancer v0.8 and unfortunately, that mod unwelcomely in this cases messes with the weapons too, causing conflicts. Tempted to just rip the 'weapons.wad' out of my copy of Particle-Fire-Enhancer so it'll play nice with other weapon modpacks, but I'd like to know of your recommendation for graphics enhancements that'll play nice with RLArsenal.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Patriot1776 wrote:Okay then, thanks. What graphics enhancements mods work best with this? Just tried to load this up with Particle-Fire-Enhancer v0.8 and unfortunately, that mod unwelcomely in this cases messes with the weapons too, causing conflicts. Tempted to just rip the 'weapons.wad' out of my copy of Particle-Fire-Enhancer so it'll play nice with other weapon modpacks, but I'd like to know of your recommendation for graphics enhancements that'll play nice with RLArsenal.
* Yholl shrugs

I have no idea, I haven't actually gotten around to getting something to make everything else pretty and/or bloodier. Monsters, monster projectiles and decorations are fine, but obviously weapons are incompatible, and weapon effects wouldn't show up, as none of my weapons use standard doom projectiles. As long as none of the special effects are inheriting from effects in the weapons.wad, removing it should be fine, says Yholl based on no facts whatsoever.

I'm not even sure I've got any enhancer mods... Huh.
cosmonaut_petrov

Post by cosmonaut_petrov »

Scout is really powerful early game now, and fairly decent endgame- the new pistol buff is great, but sometimes it feels a little bit too overpowered :P As for the technician and marine, haven't tried the new marine yet but the technician being able to hold 8 mod packs is also a fairly good addition, way easier to mod end-game weapons. Only problem is that when I loaded an older save as the tech the modpack count broke, but that's kind of to be expected considering that you probably changed a lot of stuff in-between these two versions. :lol: Either way, nice work, glad to see this mod is shaping up and getting even better!
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

cosmonaut_petrov wrote:Only problem is that when I loaded an older save as the tech the modpack count broke, but that's kind of to be expected considering that you probably changed a lot of stuff in-between these two versions.
Heh, yeah, I would highly recommend not loading old saves with new versions of things, because common sense.
Anyway, yeah, changing the modpack limit for Technicians cause me to rewrite not only 497 bits of code in the modpacks, but 7 different bits of code in every single weapon as well. Took me a while. Everytime I add a new weapon, I have to update every single other weapon too, as well as every single modpack. Eeeeeeverything is connected.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Well, I've found a gore mod that works great with this: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35931 Simplistic GoreMod, what else. Yholl, this uses also stock hitscan effects, except for the Plasmatic shotgun weapons?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Patriot1776 wrote:Well, I've found a gore mod that works great with this: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35931 Simplistic GoreMod, what else. Yholl, this uses also stock hitscan effects, except for the Plasmatic shotgun weapons?
Yup, checked my bits, and they use the stock BulletPuff. I made a new BulletPuff with pointers for ricochet sounds, but I never actually implemented it, so those are fine.
Vict

Post by Vict »

Ketchup also loads and works flawlessly with DoomRL Arsenal, for those who enjoy their Brutal Doom gore.
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

I can't drop weapons, for some odd reason. Other than that, yeah, Scout is insane.
EbonKnight

Post by EbonKnight »

So for some reason this mod doesn't work for me unless I run it specifically? As in, it works when I click on the wad file but NOT when trying to use it with other files through a gzdoom shortcut? Anyone have any ideas? Can't seem to run it with custom maps, like this.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Sorry for the late replies, was building colossal bosses and enemies from old DOS games in Starmade.
Attention Terrans. We of the Xidus have come to enslave your world and conquer your people.
Jack Mackerel wrote:I can't drop weapons, for some odd reason. Other than that, yeah, Scout is insane.
Yholl wrote:Advanced functions will tell you what keys you need to press, but the Zoom key functions as a Drop key instead of a, well, zoom key. Drop weapons or modpacks with it, so you can be sure to carry only what you want with you. Press Zoom twice to drop a weapon, as a precaution against accidentally dropping a valuable weapon.
You might have to bind a key to the Zoom function.
EbonKnight wrote:So for some reason this mod doesn't work for me unless I run it specifically? As in, it works when I click on the wad file but NOT when trying to use it with other files through a gzdoom shortcut? Anyone have any ideas? Can't seem to run it with custom maps, like this.
Can you be a bit more specific on what bizarre way you are attempting to run it? I ran DoomRL Arsenal along with Armadosia through a GZDoom shortcut, worked fine.

The way I load stuff is that I drag and drop the files onto the sourceport itself, I know others use ZDL which is super useful too.
EbonKnight

Post by EbonKnight »

Hah, wow, right, teach me to never use windows explorer.. bad habit from DOS days. You just can't drag and drop like that in Total Commander, and for some silly reason my alternative method of using a shortcut to gzdoom and then adding -file extensions with the names of wads doesn't want to work with this mod in particular. Anyways, tried it through simple drag&drop in explorer and voila.. so cheers, got it sorted finally :)
Jack Mackerel

Post by Jack Mackerel »

Yholl wrote:Sorry for the late replies, was building colossal bosses and enemies from old DOS games in Starmade.
Attention Terrans. We of the Xidus have come to enslave your world and conquer your people.
Jack Mackerel wrote:I can't drop weapons, for some odd reason. Other than that, yeah, Scout is insane.
Yholl wrote:Advanced functions will tell you what keys you need to press, but the Zoom key functions as a Drop key instead of a, well, zoom key. Drop weapons or modpacks with it, so you can be sure to carry only what you want with you. Press Zoom twice to drop a weapon, as a precaution against accidentally dropping a valuable weapon.
You might have to bind a key to the Zoom function.

No, it was working for me last update. I might have to reinstall GZdoom, so it's no big deal.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

(May wanna make the Zoom key stuff stand out more in the OP.)

This is fun. Imagine that! Mmmmmooooorrrreeeeeee!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”