DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by 4thcharacter »

Bringing up weapons without adding "pickup" in the end also accounts the weapon count number and checks for equipment combos, so I'm failing to see anything wrong with it.

The weapons work well if you are just going to test them and you summon them that way, in my experience.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

disregarding "pickup" for weapons has worked just fine on my end. no weapon tokens are forgotten, and no elder gods have cast me into the abyss. maybe it breaks horribly in the 1.1 though, but it works without any problems now. it does however, not work for armor, boots or any other items.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

4thcharacter wrote:Bringing up weapons without adding "pickup" in the end also accounts the weapon count number and checks for equipment combos, so I'm failing to see anything wrong with it.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:disregarding "pickup" for weapons has worked just fine on my end. no weapon tokens are forgotten, and no elder gods have cast me into the abyss. maybe it breaks horribly in the 1.1 though, but it works without any problems now. it does however, not work for armor, boots or any other items.
Oh whoops, I think I brainfarted and misinterpreted summon as give for some reason, hahahaa. The magic of being sleepy I guess.

Summon would be alright for weapons, Give would be 1000% crime.
The weapons you are summoning are actually being deleted instantly and being replaced with the pickup versions, it's something I added a long time ago for DRPG.
And yes, it only works for weapons, as far as I remember.
Tokoshoran

Post by Tokoshoran »

I don't know if this is from this mod or caused by DRPG, but sometimes when I pick up weapons that have a suffix (such as Assembled or Exotic) I instead get a little musical tune and the weapon gets deleted.
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

Not sure if this has been reported before, but pinky demons who are usually placed in teleport traps get stuck and don't teleport as intended. MAP13 of Doom II's rocket launcher trap is a good example.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

I remember that specific instance happening back in the '90s, it's not new.
Trar

Post by Trar »

I just want to say I absolutely love this mod and can't wait for the next release. I've been playing through Alpha Accident with it and those maps gel really well with the mod, since they already fit the roguelike aesthetic.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Trar wrote:I just want to say I absolutely love this mod and can't wait for the next release.
I'm glad to hear it!
Only a little bit of progress has been done recently, due to juggling 5 different projects and vast amounts of procrastination, but hopefully I can get back on track and get it out at some point in the near future.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Concerning the Colorful Hell mod, I made use of the Damage Numbers mod and I found the Scout having the highest single shot damage potential (No surprise there), particularly up against those black and whit bosses. (Most of them) A High-powered hunting revolver alone does 350 damage per shot, even with the four bullet clip size and decent reload speed.

And even funnier, certain enemies never flinch (Red spider mastermind for instance), so if you're in a sector that he'll never be alerted from (unless you use the legendoom lite mod) then he's practically an easy kill provided you got enough ammo.
Spoiler:
MrPyrite

Post by MrPyrite »

Probably one of the most innovative mods out there to date. I love it and I recommend it to those who have quite the creative mind and just want to have some fun with all sorts of weapons. :D

Plus a bonus RL Arsenal Fact - While not an official weapon in the mod, Shotgun + 4 Technical Modpacks = Quake 1 Shotgun in a nutshell. Maybe you could make the Quake 1 Shotgun a thing in the mod? Just sayin'. :wink:
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

MrPyrite wrote:Probably one of the most innovative mods out there to date. I love it and I recommend it to those who have quite the creative mind and just want to have some fun with all sorts of weapons. :D
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you are enjoying it.
I can't really see much of a niche for the Q1 Shotgun, unfortunately.

Started up development again yesterday. Finished up the huds with some help from Sgt. Shivers, revamped the Chaingun to be far better animated, as well as reloading at the same speed as the Battle Rifle. Currently adding in a DoomRL-styled message system, logging messages when rare items or bosses spawn, or when events or other strange things happen. A few new sounds for rare item spawns.
Basic mods are 3x as effective on Unique+ weaponry now, should have the phase device menus be much more effective sometime soon.

DOIN STUFF
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Woah, that's gotta be alot of features to come by. Keep up the good work and best of luck for that update m8!
ErrantMasa
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ErrantMasa »

MrPyrite wrote:Probably one of the most innovative mods out there to date. I love it and I recommend it to those who have quite the creative mind and just want to have some fun with all sorts of weapons. :D
I'm no fan of Duke Nukem, but I am fond of one gun he's used; saves me on cleanup duty 8-)
Yholl wrote:DOIN STUFF
What's left before you'll release?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Alright! How far until the next release?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

ErrantMasa wrote:What's left before you'll release?
4thcharacter wrote:Alright! How far until the next release?
Not too much anymore, actually! Which is... kinda amazing to me, considering how long it's taken.
Just finished off the Technician's new ability to repair his armor when scavenging, which brings the new abilities up to uh... 3.5/5 done. Scout's isn't working right in multi, and haven't gotten to Demolitionist's yet.

Most of the stuff on the list is little fixes and nice crap, like

Code: Select all

add skull rocket to heavy revenant and f-mod revenant's launcher
increase hells reign ammo usage
fix plasma rifles recoil causing it to fire too far up
Probably the most complicated things I have to do now are remake the Hurricane Cannon, and do some extra attacks to the Armageddon Wildcard Boss, to make it more killtacular and make ryan happy.

I'm gonna go at this non-stop till it's done, plus we're almost done with Final Doomer, so it looks like both of these might come out quite soon. I'd say, maybe around a weekt? Gotta test stuff before I release.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”