DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Trar

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Trar »

Really glad to see you're working on this again; I've been watching the thread waiting for updates.

...I guess this means I should go finish my Alpha Accident DRLA playthrough before you release the update. :p
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

NathanVPer wrote:Hey, Yholl, some more info, it happens when the plasma ball of the BFG shoots a small group, it closes the game, but it still the music and that, that's all I can tell you about it because it doesn't shows an error screen to copy the error. OR that only happens to me, i don't know, i am not expert on errors
What version of GZDoom are you using?

EDIT: Added a Discord link to the main post, if anyone here is interested in seeing me emit random words and pictures occaisonally.
NathanVPer

Post by NathanVPer »

[quote="Yholl"][quote="NathanVPer"]Hey, Yholl, some more info, it happens when the plasma ball of the BFG shoots a small group, it closes the game, but it still the music and that, that's all I can tell you about it because it doesn't shows an error screen to copy the error. OR that only happens to me, i don't know, i am not expert on errors[/quote]What version of GZDoom are you using?

EDIT: Added a Discord link to the main post, if anyone here is interested in seeing me emit random words and pictures occaisonally.[/quote]Is ZDoom 2.8, because my computer doesn't run GZDoom
Trar

Post by Trar »

I've made a little sound mod of my own. Nothing on the scale of wildweasel's; it mainly replaces sounds I thought didn't sound good, though I may add more in the future. If you try it, tell me what you think.

Sound replacements:
Spoiler:
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Suppose this goes here.

Just in case you wanna see how things are shaping up.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

From the pickup sprite alone, the new Combat Shotgun looks pretty rad. Can't wait to see it in first person too. Then again I'm only ten minutes into the video so maybe it shows up later but I'm guessing it won't.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

is...is that a proper HUD? WE FINALLY GET A PROPER HUD?
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

Looks fantastic
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

I was playing through Hell On Earth Starterpack with DRLA, having a wonderfull time, when all of a sudden I found a really cool enemy that I had never seen before: he looks just like the Renegade but his eyes are red and he is surrounded by some sort of evil aura. I have played alot of DRLA but I have never seen this enemy before, can someone explain to me the required conditions for him to appear (if there are any) and if there are other variants of this "one of the classes but it is evil" idea, or is the Renegade the only one.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

Yes, there are versions with other classes, and I think they sometimes (rarely) replace viles. Either that, or stealth monsters.
FaggoStorm

Post by FaggoStorm »

Decided to do a test, and yes, they replace stealth monsters.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

They are basically the evil "Possessed" versions of the Player Classes.

You can also transform into them from getting attacked and dying from the Overmind's Mind Rape in the DRLA Monsters Pack.
DarkTalon25

Post by DarkTalon25 »

To be precise, they're the placeholder enemy for Armageddon Viles. I was not aware of their replacing stealth monsters, though. That is new to me.

You also transform if killed by the Nightmare Revenant's death wail triggered by Plasma Death.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i don't think they're a "placeholder" as much as they're "another thing that exists and can spawn in", just like the not-mentioned-in-the-cast-roll at the end, the Spider Mastermind with a BFG. i believe both the Nightmare Revenant's explosion and Overmind's mind ray uses a custom damage type that ignores armor called Mindrape, which triggers this transformation.

stealth monsters being possessed classes feels like a cruel joke, though. i'd rather have the "PlzNoStealth" patch be integrated into the monster pack, and have stealth monsters being possessed classes being a separate addon.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i don't think they're a "placeholder" as much as they're "another thing that exists and can spawn in", just like the not-mentioned-in-the-cast-roll at the end, the Spider Mastermind with a BFG. i believe both the Nightmare Revenant's explosion and Overmind's mind ray uses a custom damage type that ignores armor called Mindrape, which triggers this transformation.

stealth monsters being possessed classes feels like a cruel joke, though. i'd rather have the "PlzNoStealth" patch be integrated into the monster pack, and have stealth monsters being possessed classes being a separate addon.
I agree with "PlzNoStealth" because the possessed classes seem too different from the rest of the monster pack (Feels more like something from Lithium) although if they are encountered in a higher tier sort of manner spawns that it can work out.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”