DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
The_Old_Crow

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by The_Old_Crow »

Well bash my skull in with a brick and color me excited. I'm loving that new hud and excited about the new release.
Intificial

Post by Intificial »

Clocky wrote:Will, or could, the next update could some of the nanomachic weapons have its own looks instead of the vanilla sprites
Some of them already do. I think the rest are being added next update - correct me otherwise.
Clocky
Location: Inside a BFG 10K's Energy Cell magazine (Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre)

Post by Clocky »

Intificial wrote:
Clocky wrote:Will, or could, the next update could some of the nanomachic weapons have its own looks instead of the vanilla sprites
I hope so, it's kinda bad creating a nanomachic weapon only for it to have its default,original look,it kind of makes you not use the weapon, no offense.

Some of them already do. I think the rest are being added next update - correct me otherwise.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

TheGmanID wrote:Hey is there any chance you could add an option to have rarity beams show for all classes? A console command or something.
I dunno. It's very much meant to be Technician-only.
Plus, I really don't want to add more stuff to the rarity beams, they've brought people's computers to their knees in the past, I'd rather not bulk them up anymore.
Er, if some were done in the last year+ that I forgot about, yes. Otherwise, no.
The_Old_Crow wrote:Well bash my skull in with a brick and color me excited. I'm loving that new hud and excited about the new release.
Glad to hear it! Right now I'm working with someone to do some extra mod compatibility with the monster pack, hopefully it turns out the way I want it to. Should open up a whole bunch of cool stuff I can do, as well as making it easier to do more compat work in the future.
Intificial wrote:I think the rest are being added next update - correct me otherwise.
Nanomachic weapons are very much an absolute lowest priority, I would not expect any.
There is only one Sgt. Shivers, and he's been working non-stop on stuff like the Final Doomer weapons, and a few random DRLA things. Not to mention all his uni work.
Clocky
Location: Inside a BFG 10K's Energy Cell magazine (Brazil, Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre)

Post by Clocky »

Yholl wrote:
TheGmanID wrote:Hey is there any chance you could add an option to have rarity beams show for all classes? A console command or something.
I dunno. It's very much meant to be Technician-only.
Plus, I really don't want to add more stuff to the rarity beams, they've brought people's computers to their knees in the past, I'd rather not bulk them up anymore.
Er, if some were done in the last year+ that I forgot about, yes. Otherwise, no.
The_Old_Crow wrote:Well bash my skull in with a brick and color me excited. I'm loving that new hud and excited about the new release.
Glad to hear it! Right now I'm working with someone to do some extra mod compatibility with the monster pack, hopefully it turns out the way I want it to. Should open up a whole bunch of cool stuff I can do, as well as making it easier to do more compat work in the future.
Intificial wrote:I think the rest are being added next update - correct me otherwise.
Nanomachic weapons are very much an absolute lowest priority, I would not expect any.
There is only one Sgt. Shivers, and he's been working non-stop on stuff like the Final Doomer weapons, and a few random DRLA things. Not to mention all his uni work.
I think he meant their looks, some of them use their old looks - the Nanomachic Shotgun has a different look from its original, defaulr sprite, while the Nanomachic Double Shotgun has no modified looks, the orginal sprite remains instead of a custom one, just like the Plasma Rifle.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Clocky wrote:I think he meant their looks
Yes, I know, that's what I'm talking about.
There will most certainly be new Nanomachics in the future (at least two off the top of my head, anyway.), but the custom glowing art for any that don't have them is very much at the bottom of the priority list.

It's pretty much a "Oh, Shivers randomly felt like making this, here you go" thing.
Clocky

Post by Clocky »

Yholl wrote:
Clocky wrote:I think he meant their looks
Yes, I know, that's what I'm talking about.
There will most certainly be new Nanomachics in the future (at least two off the top of my head, anyway.), but the custom glowing art for any that don't have them is very much at the bottom of the priority list.

It's pretty much a "Oh, Shivers randomly felt like making this, here you go" thing.
Aww and Cool at the same time, I hope for a nanomachic chaingun with those barrels beaming with energy!
No, wait, thete's already such a weapon... Hmm, then a nanomachic Skulltag Grenade launcher would do. What? No Skulltag grenade launcher? Then I'm outta ideas.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm not sure what role a "Skulltag grenade launcher" would fill that isn't already by the existing one.

also, i am hype for the new version as well. :)
Clocky

Post by Clocky »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:i'm not sure what role a "Skulltag grenade launcher" would fill that isn't already by the existing one.

also, i am hype for the new version as well. :)
Er... Let's say it shoots two grenades with a six grenade cylinder.

Hooray for originality and creativity.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Clocky wrote:Er... Let's say it shoots two grenades with a six grenade cylinder.
There are actually 3 other grenade launchers planned for the future, one of the main two is indeed a cylinder drum launcher.
I'm sure you can guess how you'll get it.
Clocky

Post by Clocky »

Yholl wrote:
Clocky wrote:Er... Let's say it shoots two grenades with a six grenade cylinder.
There are actually 3 other grenade launchers planned for the future, one of the main two is indeed a cylinder drum launcher.
I'm sure you can guess how you'll get it.
Oh hell, THREE grenade launchers? So pumped, but I guess they are legendaries? I don't have the luck to get a legendary, but will still try... If they aren't, I guess thet are Uniques or monster drops.

Also, I'm sure how I'll get them...
In the NEXT update! Unfortunately.

Also forgot, assemblies might be another way... If I have the modpacks ofc.

pls dont tell me theyh use the Nano mod.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Clocky wrote:pls dont tell me theyh use the Nano mod.
No, they're the Grenade Launcher assembly on the Missile Launcher and Napalm Launcher. It will be a few updates before they appear, though.

After this update, I hope to do much smaller, faster, thematic updates. The next update will be a collection of weaponry, mostly from other FPS games, like Duke 3D. I have a huge amount of stuff to potentially work on, so I'll just do whatever I feel would be cool per update after that, maybe ask you lot what kinda stuff you'd like to see next, etc.
Spoiler:
I do have to say that, I know I said the next update was gonna be real soon (and I do that a lot, I'm real sorry about that), but this rewriting of the monster pack, while less complex than I thought it'd be, is a huge amount of absolutely tedious work to do. I've been working on it consistently over the past week, but it's a slow, hard, slog. There are only 7 things on my todo list right now, but this one is a doozy, so I can't really give an estimate on how long it'll take.

Buuuut, while I'm doing this, someone else has offered to help me with something that's also a terrifying amount of work, but necessary for DRLA to continue to expand in the future! It is a tremendous amount of work, so there's no way I'd hold him to it if it proved too great a task (also why I'm being vague about it, I don't want him to feel pressured to do it), but I am very excited and hopeful for it.
Doom Grey

Post by Doom Grey »

Yholl wrote: Buuuut, while I'm doing this, someone else has offered to help me with something that's also a terrifying amount of work, but necessary for DRLA to continue to expand in the future! It is a tremendous amount of work, so there's no way I'd hold him to it if it proved too great a task (also why I'm being vague about it, I don't want him to feel pressured to do it), but I am very excited and hopeful for it.
Spoiler:
Tanksy

Post by Tanksy »

Doom Grey wrote:
Yholl wrote: Buuuut, while I'm doing this, someone else has offered to help me with something that's also a terrifying amount of work, but necessary for DRLA to continue to expand in the future! It is a tremendous amount of work, so there's no way I'd hold him to it if it proved too great a task (also why I'm being vague about it, I don't want him to feel pressured to do it), but I am very excited and hopeful for it.
Spoiler:
DRLA works on the later versions. You get a spit of warning messages but it loads and plays okay as far as I can tell.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

And significantly fewer such warning messages on the current dev version. So, in essence, already fixed.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”