DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.05] [MP-B6.2]

Post by Yholl »

AzuleLucario wrote:So yeah, just use Gzdoom 2.1.1 for now. Or forever, depends on whether Yholl can fix this or not.
I didn doo nuffin
For some reason it apparently fixed itself with my dev durla.

I'm not going to even bother questioning it.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:will automaps keep giving you random assembly blueprints that you already have though?
Automaps and Tracking maps will likely not give Assembly info anymore, and Blueprint Computers will change to only give you one set of info instead of three. Seeing as the info is permanent, there's no need to fill you up with it as fast as possible anymore.
StarController wrote:As I play DRPG +RLA +Monster Pack, I find myself fantasizing about playing through heretic or hexen with my doom character. It would be so satisfying to fill one of those iron liches with high speed lead.

I'm not asking anyone to do this, I'm sure it'd be a big project.
Hypothetically though, what would have to be changed? I'm not a modder myself, but I imagine I'd have to recreate the doom HUD for heretic, and add all the base doom resources, ammo types, weapons, etc, so it could be run with the different IWAD.

Am I the only one that wants this?
I might look into it at some point maybe eventually never someday
I have no idea, I'll probably forget.
Soul Sucka wrote:It still runs mostly fine though, although the weapon menu crashes the game and rad suits don't seem to work.
THEY BROKE THE RADSUITS AGAIN?
Absolutely amazing. Gold star.

Regardless, they'll work again in the next version, because they have two sets of effects active at once, to prevent broken shit making them useless.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Only one set from blueprimt computers now? So is the bulk of blueprint info gonna be from experimenting/play as Technician?
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

You mean there are people who DON'T play Technician exclusively? :P
Viscra Maelstrom

well, when you get so lucky getting Quad Shotguns for your Renegade all the time...
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

I only play Marine, Particle Cannon with Firestorm is ice cream
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

I've gotta say, I do USUALLY default to the Technician - mostly because I hate that disappointment of finding a good item that you can't use, and he never has that problem. Lately though I've been deliberately staying away from him and I'd recommend it, it's good fun to have restrictions sometimes!

That sentiment might have something to do with my current run though - got the Nuclear Onslaught on a marine. Then got the Nuclear Power Armour set. So... yknow. At this point I don't even need the second gun, it's hilarious.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Kaeoschassis wrote:I've gotta say, I do USUALLY default to the Technician - mostly because I hate that disappointment of finding a good item that you can't use, and he never has that problem. Lately though I've been deliberately staying away from him and I'd recommend it, it's good fun to have restrictions sometimes!

That sentiment might have something to do with my current run though - got the Nuclear Onslaught on a marine. Then got the Nuclear Power Armour set. So... yknow. At this point I don't even need the second gun, it's hilarious.
Try sniper modding the Nuclear Onslaught, you'll have too much fun~
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:Only one set from blueprimt computers now? So is the bulk of blueprint info gonna be from experimenting/play as Technician?
ye
Machine-Reaper wrote:I only play Marine, Particle Cannon with Firestorm is ice cream
Oh by the way, I completely changed that effect, Marine no longer gets anything from it HAVE FUN
also I managed to make ZDoom divide by zero with it, was hilarious
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:Oh by the way, I completely changed that effect, Marine no longer gets anything from it HAVE FUN
also I managed to make ZDoom divide by zero with it, was hilarious

oh really? anything more evil you have done?
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Funky Gnoll wrote:You mean there are people who DON'T play Technician exclusively? :P
I usually don't even bother playing as the Technician. Demolitionist with the Mother-In-Law (only thing that gives me trouble still is a Nightmare Archvile, and with the right armor, it doesn't matter) or Scout with a Power-modded Hunting Revolver. Nothing like only using twelve bullets to kill a Cyberdemon. I should give it a try, but so far, Technician is my least played class.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

I guess we are being forced to play with the Technician, Lets hope Yholl doesn't give him some damage handicap or something due to him being a nerd...
Kaeoschassis

Post by Kaeoschassis »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Kaeoschassis wrote:I've gotta say, I do USUALLY default to the Technician - mostly because I hate that disappointment of finding a good item that you can't use, and he never has that problem. Lately though I've been deliberately staying away from him and I'd recommend it, it's good fun to have restrictions sometimes!

Try sniper modding the Nuclear Onslaught, you'll have too much fun~
Sniper Nuclear Onslaught is my fav version, yes, but it seems somewhat counter-intuitive to use it on a marine, surely? No, I won't be modding this bad boy unless I get a firestorm or nano. Probably nano, since I don't NEED the "two guns" gimmick anymore.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Demolitionist + Mother In Law + Nanomachic Tristar Blaster = You're set for life.
Viscra Maelstrom

assuming you can find all the associated mods first, that is.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:assuming you can find all the associated mods first, that is.
This is a very good point, as I've had playthroughs where I see my first modpack in Map28 before.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”