[WIP] The Trailblazer

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomNukem

Re: [WIP] The Trailblazer

Post by DoomNukem »

Hey guys thanks for all the positive feedback and stuff, it drives the motivation!
anyway just responding to some comments here, hope I didnt miss anything.
iVoid wrote:Looks pretty cool so far, but:
Mav3rick wrote:one little suggestion the dual weapons can be more separate? they seem to be soo close to eatch other that look too weird, almost like they will shot to sides and no infront.
I agree. If it was a little bit worse I'd say each gun is shooting at the other one lol
yeah that can be fixed, not straight away, but ill get to it when I can.
Doom'd Marine wrote:Oh dear, this looks rather awesome.... but i'm curious, will this mod give the player a Sniper weapon of some sort? (Something else aside from the AR in the trailer, that is.)
Functionally yes, but somewhere along the lines of uranium enriched bolt railgun or something, will probably pay some homage to shadow warriors awesome graphic in some way.
Sgt. Shivers wrote:American Overkill?
Almost, 'murica haha!
lizardcommando wrote:Hmm, this is exciting stuff. The only thing that bothers me is that one hand that's used in the animations, namely the one that reloads the revolver and does that speed-cocking thing for its secondary fire. It looks like his hand or his fingers are broken or stiff or something. Aside from that, I can't wait to play this!
Ah yes, I can probably change that, will have to study a couple of references and probably make progress in other areas before i return to it of course.
Trooper 077 wrote:Please tell me the music comes with. All of this, It's all so perfect
Unfortunately it does not as I think it may get me into a bit of trouble, I'd say people dont chase that stuff down but companies and their respective lawyers will cry over the pettiest of things, and they have a right to, its their property buuuuuuuuut that being said while doing every level would be a massive chore and I think i'd probably be hard pressed to find anyone willing to help out like that it would be awesome to have a sick glam metal for intermission screens and the titlemap/screen/whatever.
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

DoomNukem wrote:
Doom'd Marine wrote:Oh dear, this looks rather awesome.... but i'm curious, will this mod give the player a Sniper weapon of some sort? (Something else aside from the AR in the trailer, that is.)
Functionally yes, but somewhere along the lines of uranium enriched bolt railgun or something, will probably pay some homage to shadow warriors awesome graphic in some way.
... If I wasn't sold by the trailer itself, I would be sold Right the fuck now. (In fact, I was going to say something along the lines of "Either a beefy, managable version of that Tank-gun in Hellsing and/or some form of badass Sniper-spikegun" but I didn't want to seem all that specific.)

The only (very minor) gripe is that the guns in this mod doesn't seem to come with Smoke-coding yet, but I understand that it's an Alpha and/or beta right now, and it is a minor detail, otherwise good job with what you got going so far.
Par9000

Post by Par9000 »

Its realy funny but i think its addon for ropb. :)
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Doom'd Marine wrote:The only (very minor) gripe is that the guns in this mod doesn't seem to come with Smoke-coding yet, but I understand that it's an Alpha and/or beta right now, and it is a minor detail, otherwise good job with what you got going so far.
Mav3rick wrote:one little suggestion the dual weapons can be more separate? they seem to be soo close to eatch other that look too weird, almost like they will shot to sides and no infront.
You guys know how to bring me in more work. :roll:

Jokes aside, I'll do my best to add'n'fix stuff.
chronoteeth wrote:Actually, I know that pistol firing sound. I'll make something else for you. TBH I should've mentioned to not use that sound when I released those betas. There were some sounds specifically made for me by a few guys and they're kinda anal retentive about that stuff.
Didn't knew, yeah. If you got some spares, I'd be up to look into them.
Par9000 wrote:Its realy funny but i think its addon for ropb. :)
Whatever you think it is, It's still completely separate project, and it doesn't have even single asset from it. The only connection between them is my persona, and over-the-topness, which is still distributed in different aspects and amounts.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

First time I saw the vid I was trying to multitask and didn't have audio.

Now that I finally sit down and watch this with audio, hot damn so that's what everyone's been on about

00:30 is that recoil? :shock:
DrMoney

Post by DrMoney »

Will you guys be redoing the player 3rd person sprite? I know it's a minor thing but I've wanted to have that since I saw the original DoomNukem Brutal Weapons.

Also, are you taking suggestions for one-liners?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

i almost forgot this one, you're champion my friend!
MagSigmaX

Post by MagSigmaX »

Oh my... This looks so kick-ass. I'm already sold!

So when is the release?
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Soon and When it's done. :p
Multikolored

Post by Multikolored »

The trailer made me want to play this mod like a starved dog wants to finally eat something, this is just genius.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Lol, that actually sounded kinda sad...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

gamers either. always eating or watching a epic game's teasers what they are waiting for and really want to play it.
Yutrzenika

Post by Yutrzenika »

Really looking forward to The Trailblazer! If you don't mind my asking, is there an idea as to when it'll be released at all?
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Looking forward to it!
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Amazing.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”