Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 4-10

Postby wildweasel » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:19 pm

On the topic of model names, does anybody really pay attention to the (fictional) manufacturer/model names on my guns? I've been giving my weapons little fictional backstories ever since wwhc-diaz, and I have to wonder if anybody really cares about that. I have fun writing them, but is it worth my time?
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Ed the Bat » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:21 pm

I personally love them. I see them all the time because I have weapon nametags enabled, but I kinda wish they were also called by name when picked up, the way the second Marston currently is.
Ed the Bat
I'm tired. I want to go home.

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby -Ghost- » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:44 pm

I've always liked how you actually give names to the weapons and item/ammo pickups, it's a nice little detail that helps the mod come together. You get tired of just seeing "You got a clip/shotgun!" or something over and over so it's a good change.
-Ghost-

Postby NantoCodd » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:06 pm

The feature of your mod I loved the most really was the -lore.txt. They give extra immersion to the mod, more than just slapping gun on player face and say "C'mon, use it.". Your writing is so good that on my early plays with mod I think Makoto Arms is a real weapon manufacturer. Also, they are good chuckles source (cancer inducing wind-up flashlight, Gordon Frohman works on Maxwell Labs, etc). And the AtM protagonist actually is action movie hero.
NantoCodd

Postby Captain J » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:25 am

Ed the Bat wrote:I personally love them. I see them all the time because I have weapon nametags enabled, but I kinda wish they were also called by name when picked up, the way the second Marston currently is.
the pistol sure has a good name then others, we'd like to see that comin' weasel. more words to come, fun to read.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Xim » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:14 am

Yeah your weapon names are what makes your mods so characteristic. It's like how I know if I'm playing a ww-weapons.wad of some sort. :D
Xim

Postby Slax » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:19 am

wildweasel wrote:On the topic of model names, does anybody really pay attention to the (fictional) manufacturer/model names on my guns? I've been giving my weapons little fictional backstories ever since wwhc-diaz, and I have to wonder if anybody really cares about that. I have fun writing them, but is it worth my time?

I'd be more inclined to read about them if they really were fictional weapons. Not just re-branded real world stuff.
Slax
Saucy.
... in loving memory ...

Postby Gifty » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:31 pm

I enjoy any kind of eagerness to deepen the game world. Little backstories like that are a good thing just on principle, in my book.
Gifty
Recon'ize that smell?

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Jesus christ, I didn't play it until now, but these sprites are amazeballs. :shock:
Carbine Dioxide
You shouldve seen the look on your face

Postby Mayhem666 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Jesus christ, I didn't play it until now, but these sprites are amazeballs. :shock:

A tip : Don't bump a 2 months inactive thread to say things like that.
Mayhem666
Black Metal

Postby Freaklore1 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:16 am

Mayhem666 wrote:
Carbine Dioxide wrote:Jesus christ, I didn't play it until now, but these sprites are amazeballs. :shock:

A tip : Don't bump a 2 months inactive thread to say things like that.

that was a bit rude of you to say that.

Also Carbine only wanted to compliment the mod.
Freaklore1

Postby Kostov » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:25 am

Yes, the mod is great, but it's really choking nowadays.
Kostov
RUS/SRB translator

Github ID: K0stov

Postby Carbine Dioxide » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:56 pm

undead003 wrote:Yes, the mod is great, but it's really choking nowadays.

Sure, it could use a little more weapons, but overall, it was pretty awesome. When I first saw this thread, I thought there where more weapons involved.

The special effects remind me of The Railgunner's X weapon mod. They look very similar in terms of effects, and the fact that Weasel and Railgunner used Doom Nukem's weapon sprites for the mods. I also loved the title screen, it looked awesome. The only thing that was a problem for me is the voxels. I could not find out how to turn them off.
Carbine Dioxide
You shouldve seen the look on your face

Postby Toberone » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Carbine Dioxide wrote:
undead003 wrote:Yes, the mod is great, but it's really choking nowadays.

Sure, it could use a little more weapons, but overall, it was pretty awesome. When I first saw this thread, I thought there where more weapons involved.

The special effects remind me of The Railgunner's X weapon mod. They look very similar in terms of effects, and the fact that Weasel and Railgunner used Doom Nukem's weapon sprites for the mods. I also loved the title screen, it looked awesome. The only thing that was a problem for me is the voxels. I could not find out how to turn them off.

That's because X-Weapon was derived from from this mod, Railgunner is attempting to derive further away with the Helsturm edition.

For voxels use the command "r_drawvoxels 0" in the console. If you don't want to do that everytime, a more permanent solution is to outright remove the Voxeldef.txt file.
Toberone

Postby Onar4241 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:09 pm

This mod is pretty sick (In a good way). I had a lot of fun blasting those lifeless bastards with my new weaponry!

Things that I dislike:

1. The weapon smoke. Either improve it's effect or scrap it completely. Not only it's tad distracting, but the effect is awful.

2. The new BFG9000, it is a COMPLETELY USELESS WEAPON. I can't even believe how many shots I fired to take down a single Cyberdemon.

3. The Assault Rifle sprite looks weird.. I dunno what's going on with it, but it doesn't look like an Airsoft Assault Rifle.

4. The Sledge is also a completely useless weapon. Please improve it's speed otherwise scrap it.

5. Where's the Plasma Gun?

Anyways, I found this mod pretty damn cool and I approve.
Onar4241
I'm just a guy...

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods