Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Post by wildweasel »

Gorman Frebmane wrote:Hello there wildweasel, i am asking for permission to use some of the sprites from this mod or more specifically the hand sprites, due to them looking way better than anything else i can find (And also because i can't draw that well). If i am not allowed to use them then i will not use them, instead i will just recolor default hand sprites. I am also asking you because from what iv'e seen doom nukem the original creator of some of these is not around, you might be able to relay this to him if you still have contact's with him.
So do i have permission?
Doom Nukem previously told me that he grants permission to use his sprites to anybody that asks, so you're good as long as he gets clear credit.
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

wildweasel wrote:
Gorman Frebmane wrote:Hello there wildweasel, i am asking for permission to use some of the sprites from this mod or more specifically the hand sprites, due to them looking way better than anything else i can find (And also because i can't draw that well). If i am not allowed to use them then i will not use them, instead i will just recolor default hand sprites. I am also asking you because from what iv'e seen doom nukem the original creator of some of these is not around, you might be able to relay this to him if you still have contact's with him.
So do i have permission?
Doom Nukem previously told me that he grants permission to use his sprites to anybody that asks, so you're good as long as he gets clear credit.
Thank you.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

So, some things happened via Discord, between last year and today. I've been in touch with an awesome user named Endie, who has some kind of dark wizardry and has been animating weapon reloads to stunning effect using, of all the things, a phone app. Endie has provided me with new reload sequences for the Revolver and the Assault Rifle, and after a staggering 10 months, both of them are now committed to the master branch on Github.

In addition, the Assault Rifle's behavior has been altered, to make it much more distinct from the pistol(s). Magazine size has been raised from 20 to 30, primary fire shoots somewhat faster (but slightly weaker), and aiming reduces fire rate significantly but brings damage up a bit, making it much more useful at long range for the amount of recoil it has.

There are still some unfinished things going on (the new Cyberdemon behavior is somewhat untested, and he still doesn't have any new sprites), and the Droplets code (among others?) is giving truncation errors that I haven't gotten to the bottom of yet. But I figure, if things are going on with the mod, I should let people actually know about them. Maybe it'll spark some renewed interest in the lot of it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh, man! The Update. About bloody time!

I can see that Endie did hell of a job enhancing weapon animations for the mod. And about the unfinished monster replacements, i'm sure Realm 667 already has hefty replacements.
Zackdoessomething

Post by Zackdoessomething »

I'm glad that this mod is still alive, it's one of my favorite mods of all time, Endie did some great animation with the revolver and rifle and i like the behavior change of the rifle, i dig fast firing rifles.

Anyways, still, glad to see the mod come back. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I kinda have some suggestions like, increasing both med-weapons' drawing speed, rocket launcher and chaingun. Also add zoom mechanic to rocket launcher since it has a little scope on it! If it acts like carbine's, than it's all golden.

Also for some reason, carbine's rifle casing is actually not voxel.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Captain J wrote:I kinda have some suggestions like, increasing both med-weapons' drawing speed, rocket launcher and chaingun. Also add zoom mechanic to rocket launcher since it has a little scope on it! If it acts like carbine's, than it's all golden.

Also for some reason, carbine's rifle casing is actually not voxel.
I don't see much point in giving the rocket a zoom function, since the rockets themselves are already not very accurate. (Also, those sprites do not exist...)

The voxel casings also don't exist for the rifle because the person who was doing voxels, for some reason, didn't do any for the rifle. This is one of those places where I was relying on external contributions, and they uh, kinda stopped happening. :shrug:
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

i think a toggle for the scope for the rocket launcher would be a pretty good idea, like alt fire makes it zoomed, fires slower but is accurate, only reason why this might be a good idea is to help make certain maps able to be completed. the swirling rockets, whilst cool, arent direct, and it could inhibit some level sets especially if the icon of sin hole is tiny or far away
Last edited by chronoteeth on Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Well, again, I don't have sprites to do that. Doomnukem hasn't been around for a while, and given that there are proper zoom-in sprites for the shotgun and rifle already, it'd feel wrong to "cheat" them by using a full-screen scope like in my other mods.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Welp i actually wanted to reply with the same thing chrono just said. So yeah. Maybe a pitch black scope graphic just like what you did on Terrorists! might be fine.

And i would like to make voxel model for that rifle casing sprite(or probably going to make another one for chaingun too), but it seems slab6 doesn't work on win 10. Any recommendation that also accepts kvx format?
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Ah, Accessories do Murder! One of my all-time favorite mods and one of my greatest inspirations for modding in general. I'm glad that there's an update, Weasel. Since we are all in quarantine, it might be a good time to revisit old classics!

Thank you for bringing this mod up again, friend. It brings back a lot of good memories!
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Hey i wanted to ask, in regards of new options for the game, can Turning off voxels be one, my computer gets laggy with a lot of voxels on the screen, so an option to turn it off would help a lot.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

i believe, though i am not sure, that you can type "r_drawvoxels false" (without quotes) in the console.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

This is one of my all-time favorite mods that you've done. Ww-diaz is a close second. Still waiting for Cold hard Cash 2, my favorite edge mod beside don's challenge.

I'll have to try this new tweak of yours and relieve old times
64palm
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by 64palm »

1 question
is a weapon include monster theme ???

Return to “Gameplay Mods”