Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
-Ghost-

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Post by -Ghost- »

Are there any other mods for locational damage? I think the AVP mod has it, right?
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

There's always the ACS-based headshot script made by Nash, that covers locational damage in a easier way
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

My Souls of Black mod has Nash's head shots, but it's nothing compared to Wild Weasel's mods.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

The weapons are already pretty powerful, so I don't see what a headshot system would really add. Limiting it to certain weapons might help slightly, but still creates a severe lean toward using those weapons exclusively.
Zhs2 wrote:That actually sounds like a cool idea, NeuralStunner. Not realistic in the slightest, but if everything worked interchangeably then everyone would be happy!
You can't make everyone happy. Ever. If someone can't enjoy my mod because it's not a bloodfest, then they are quite simply not my target audience, and I don't have any reason to care.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

NeuralStunner wrote:You can't make everyone happy. Ever. If someone can't enjoy my mod because it's not a bloodfest, then they are quite simply not my target audience, and I don't have any reason to care.
This. You couldn't be more correct, NeuralStunner.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Agreed. You present them a potential option, and if they don't prefer it, that's up to them. That's kind of the point of there being multiple mods out there; creating a pool of different options for the players to pick from at their fancy, right? If there was one end-all-be-all answer, there'd be no purpose to making more than one mod throughout history.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Ed the Bat wrote:Agreed. You present them a potential option, and if they don't prefer it, that's up to them. That's kind of the point of there being multiple mods out there; creating a pool of different options for the players to pick from at their fancy, right? If there was one end-all-be-all answer, there'd be no purpose to making more than one mod throughout history.
The thing is, I like BOTH mods. That's what I'm saying.
Ed the Bat

Post by Ed the Bat »

Yes, we get that. But you're opening a huge can of worms, as Brutal Doom is a hopelessly tangled mess of terrible code, I (and many others, I'm sure) am certainly not interested in working with it for a number of reasons, it's been made clear that modding and coding is all well above your level of experience right now, and this thread is very much not the place to be asking to be walked through it from scratch.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Ed the Bat wrote:Yes, we get that. But you're opening a huge can of worms, as Brutal Doom is a hopelessly tangled mess of terrible code, I (and many others, I'm sure) am certainly not interested in working with it for a number of reasons, it's been made clear that modding and coding is all well above your level of experience right now, and this thread is very much not the place to be asking to be walked through it from scratch.
I have posted in the how do I thread. I'll not ask for help on doing it myself here any longer.
My apologies.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

NeuralStunner wrote:The weapons are already pretty powerful, so I don't see what a headshot system would really add. Limiting it to certain weapons might help slightly, but still creates a severe lean toward using those weapons exclusively.
Zhs2 wrote:That actually sounds like a cool idea, NeuralStunner. Not realistic in the slightest, but if everything worked interchangeably then everyone would be happy!
You can't make everyone happy. Ever. If someone can't enjoy my mod because it's not a bloodfest, then they are quite simply not my target audience, and I don't have any reason to care.
I don't know if it's possible or not, but can the headshots be implemented for 2 different damage types on an enemy? It'd be cool to have an armored enemy like in Terrorists who is resistant to shots to everything but the head. He'd still die from a certain amount of damage to the chest but wouldn't be armored on his head.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

-Ghost- wrote:I don't know if it's possible or not, but can the headshots be implemented for 2 different damage types on an enemy? It'd be cool to have an armored enemy like in Terrorists who is resistant to shots to everything but the head. He'd still die from a certain amount of damage to the chest but wouldn't be armored on his head.
I'm a noob, so forgive any noobishness here, but would it be possible to implement this by making some kind of script (or something of the sort) to set it so that the head counts as a whole different HP set than the rest of the body? But when either one gets down to 0 before the other the entire entity dies?

Or is that beyond capability of the engine/not worth the effort of all of it?
darkhaven3

Post by darkhaven3 »

clip
All this talk about clips and not a single M91/30 or M1 Garand in the entire mod.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by NeuralStunner »

darkhaven3 wrote:All this talk about clips and not a single M91/30 or M1 Garand in the entire mod.
Blame Doom, eh.

(Also, "Chaingun".)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

and i see no lot's of problem since they're same cases that holds the ammunition but have a different looks depends on what kind of ammo they're holding and guns look like to able to insert and reload.

and yes, doom just made those words really awesome and made us use those words commonly rather than 'magazine' and 'minigun'. because...johns.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Getting a weird issue when loading the Github version (Haven't tried the regular version) with planisf2.wad
Anyone know what the issue is?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”