Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): Update 4-10

Post by wildweasel »

Dreadflame wrote:Two questions:
1. Was it intentional that the rocket launcher be made automatically swappable to when the previous gun runs empty? That last close-up rocket I shot was pretty painful, for the zombie and me both :P
I'm gonna have to look into that at some point.
2. Why no update to the first post about the GitHub transfer?
Because I'm forgetful. Hang on a sec and it'll be linked.
loismustdie555

Re: Accessories to Murder (ww-doomnukem): on Github

Post by loismustdie555 »

Stupid question.

Any way to get this to work with brutal doom?

I absolutely adore the entire mod (GitHub version is what I'm using) but there's not enough gore for me. And the ketchup mod does nothing with this mod.

Is there a way to somehow merge the two mods into one pk3? <----Noob question.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

All the gore- and the death-animations from BD are coded inside the monsters and depend on the damagetypes the weapons inflict. The weapons from DoomNukem don't have these damagetypes, of course. So you could only have the BD-Monsters (not sure if that could work) without shotgun- plasma...-deaths and just normal and maybe XDeath-animations.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

loismustdie555 wrote:Stupid question.

Not without breaking significant chunks of this mod, i.e. throwing out my own monster replacements in favor of BD's. Basically, I wouldn't recommend it.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

wildweasel wrote:
loismustdie555 wrote:Stupid question.

Not without breaking significant chunks of this mod, i.e. throwing out my own monster replacements in favor of BD's. Basically, I wouldn't recommend it.
Assume I didn't mind doing that ( "throwing out my own monster replacements in favor of BD's" ). How do I merge them?

Because brutal doom's weapons are absolute poop. And I have yet to find any weapon pack/replacement that I like other than this.

Quick edit: I like your monsters btw. Not saying I don't.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Here's what I want to do as a personal project. And maybe if given permissions, publish it.

I want to use Brutal Doom Quaker540 Ed (Only because of the grenades and shootable corpses. Which are a huge deal in my eyes) as a base, and this mod for the weapons and the hud, and possibly pack in a remixed metal soundtrack I've been working on. Which is also based on others' mods which I'll need perms to publish.

I have very little knowledge of what to do. And I'd prefer doing it myself so in the future I can do even more modding, So if someone could maybe personally walk me through what to do over [url=ts3server://jacob.zack6849.com?port=9987]my teamspeak[/url] (or something of the sort) along with a guide or two (or more. :P ) that would be great.

Otherwise, an in depth description/guide of what all needs to be done is fine.

Note: If asking for teamspeak support is too far please tell me and I'll remove that.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

It should work okay. There's a lot of Brutal Doom Lite versions floating around that only change the monsters so you can use it with your own weapon sets. They won't merge exactly, but it'll be close enough for decent gameplay. A guy in the Doom /vr/ thread made a BD v20 gore patch that works with most mods: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wa1dg ... +-Gore.pk3 I think he said it works fine with AtM other than shotgun headshots not always working.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

-Ghost- wrote:It should work okay. There's a lot of Brutal Doom Lite versions floating around that only change the monsters so you can use it with your own weapon sets. They won't merge exactly, but it'll be close enough for decent gameplay. A guy in the Doom /vr/ thread made a BD v20 gore patch that works with most mods: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wa1dg ... +-Gore.pk3 I think he said it works fine with AtM other than shotgun headshots not always working.
Half the shots from any weapon barely work proper.
Any link to a v19 lite version made by a more skilled modder?

And on a side note, I *think* I managed to remove the refs to all the monsters in wwdoomnukem, but, loading it with brutal doom results in a lot of duplicate weapons when I use "give weapons" to test everything. And attempting to remove the weapons from brutal doom, results in some errors (obviously).
I'm working on multiple (albiet extremely noobish) attempts and I'm determined to figure something out. lol
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I'm not here to start a flamewar or anything, so if someone get offended, please, i apologize in advance. But why can't you guys just enjoy other mods besides Brutal Doom? I mean, yeah, BD it is a fun gameplay mod. I like it, and i know it's a very popular mod. But there are tons of custom BD versions around, so why don't just play those instead? Weasel did a great job in this mod as always, worked on it's own gameplay features, but some people just get satisfied if it is merged or compatible with BD. Not to mention that i find very offensive to come at the project thread and say to it's creator that don't mind if part of his work is scrapped in favor of Brutal Doom. Sounds something like: "look, i don't care about your whole work, and the time and effort you've put on it, i just want to use your weapons in my BD copy. Can you please teach me how?".
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

What I would more like to know, is what does Brutal Doom offer that my mod lacks, that you would like to see me actually try to implement in Accessories to Murder? What's "missing" to you?
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

wildweasel wrote:What I would more like to know, is what does Brutal Doom offer that my mod lacks, that you would like to see me actually try to implement in Accessories to Murder? What's "missing" to you?
Just the massive excessive gore of brutal doom. The headshots, the fatalities, the shooting off the legs of a zombieman, the variable destruction of a half dead cacodemon. That kinda stuff.

Other than that, honestly wildweasel, your mod is spot on and my fav mod for doom I've ever used. All the way down to the packs of luckies for health bonus's. :P
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

jdredalert wrote:Sounds something like: "look, i don't care about your whole work, and the time and effort you've put on it, i just want to use your weapons in my BD copy. Can you please teach me how?".
I love every bit of the mod actually. Played with this mod for a few hours last night. I love every last bit. I like the monsters, I like the weapons, I like the little tweaks like luckies cigs as health bonus's, all that stuff. Only bit I don't like is there's no excessive gore. As noted in the post above.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Brutal Doom has a lot of things going on visually. Lots of lights, shaking, things flying, those flying things make more flying things, maybe those do as well, lots of gore that explodes out of enemies instead of just sort of falling out (velocity, arcing, sheer amount). Also it sounds louder, stronger, and edgier because there are more things making noises--also the sawed-off and minigun sound weak.

It's just aesthetic things, Brutal Doom's gameplay isn't anything special.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

torridGristle wrote:Brutal Doom's gameplay isn't anything special.
I agree there, only note I wanna make is the gore is what makes doom fun for me. Regular doom isn't much fun for me anymore. And this is right on the cusp of perfect. Only thing missing (In my eyes) is maybe a brutal plugin/addon. As a seperate thing. Because I do understand BD isn't for everyone.

Note: Not trying to start a flame war. Only making notes.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Well, but they are different mods with different approaches. Brutal Doom is supposed to be what it is: a gore festival. Probably has a lot of inspiration from trash/horror movies and that kind of stuff, that's why we have that much blood and gibs flying around. AtM has another approach. You have the blood, but it's not in a exaggerated amount. Enemies don't lose limbs or guts because that's not what WW intended for his mod. And when you say that you're missing "The headshots, the fatalities, the shooting off the legs of a zombieman, the variable destruction of a half dead cacodemon", you're basically saying that you miss - guess what? - playing Brutal Doom, even if it's not your intention. You can suggest Weasel to implement locational hitboxes so you can score headshots for instant kills or limbshots so you can incapacitate the enemy for example. That would be a valid way to hint what is "missing" to his mod, however you basically described what made Brutal Doom be what it is, and i doubt Weasel would implement the ludicrous gore features from BD into AtM. But that's just what i think.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”