Armed Consequences: Rebooted!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bitterman

Armed Consequences: Rebooted!

Post by Bitterman »

Now I understand the saturating amount gunz gunz gunz! wads out there, most just redundant and stale. Is this wad any different? I can't say for sure, since my opinion is most likely biased, but at least try out some time. This the first major gameplay wad I've released, and it's a first release at that. Why am I releasing it then? Well, before I start taking off with this wad, I want to see the opinion and suggestions of the community (you), so I'll be able to have a reference before starting on the funner and more creative parts of this mod (more varied guns (gunz!!!), ammo types, secondary fires, enemies, perks/abilities, and maybe a level set). So I hope you may enjoy, and feedback (suggestions and critique of course) is greatly appreciated. Now where are the screens? Not much I'm afraid.

Update 10/7/13: I've decided to scrap my old project completely, and started again. There were many limitations in my project, but now I've been able to fix a few of them with my newer version. The weapons feel much more better, and sounds aren't rips from Call of Duty. There won't be a release soon, as I'll actually try to make progress this time around.

Olden Credits: Z86 for Stuff used from Particle Fire Enhancer Mod, wildweasel for some of the base codes (reloads and bobstyles, I changed a bit though), and The_Funktasm's Bad to Worse weapons sprite sheet. Tell me if I missed some much needed credits.

Old Version:
Enough reading, download!
http://rapidshare.com/files/2061488167/ ... andora.zip

Extras: Build time was over the course of five days, a total of about 8-10 hours total. (Lots of spare time with summer break, being a pre-freshman and all.)
Last edited by Bitterman on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
ClonedPickle

Re: Armed Consequences: Weapons Modification

Post by ClonedPickle »

Well, it's not terrible. It's a bit hard to judge at such an incomplete state, though. The regular pistol and assault rifle were pretty much not worth using after getting a revolver, as they all share the same ammo and ammo is fairly sparse given that the boxes of ammunition were unchanged and did not supply the new weapons. It was also disappointing that the regular shotgun became ammo, especially since the SSG replacement feels about as effective as the regular shotgun (higher rate of fire sure, but less damage). The lack of a manual reload option was disappointing too, although I imagine that would be addressed in a more fleshed out version.

Oh, and you messed with the player speed. Don't do that.
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

ClonedPickle wrote:Well, it's not terrible. It's a bit hard to judge at such an incomplete state, though. The regular pistol and assault rifle were pretty much not worth using after getting a revolver, as they all share the same ammo and ammo is fairly sparse given that the boxes of ammunition were unchanged and did not supply the new weapons. It was also disappointing that the regular shotgun became ammo, especially since the SSG replacement feels about as effective as the regular shotgun (higher rate of fire sure, but less damage). The lack of a manual reload option was disappointing too, although I imagine that would be addressed in a more fleshed out version.

Oh, and you messed with the player speed. Don't do that.
Yes it is an early release, and thank you for answering. I do plan on adding and improving the ammo types, since with the current 4 weapons I really didn't worry too much. I did forget configuring the ammo box versions, which cause shortages of ammo, which will be fixed next release. As for the auto shotgun, I suppose it'll be the standard shotgun replacement, balance it some more, and put in a super shotgun replacement. Currently, I will implement the the new weapons for now until I find a suitable super shotgun replacement. Reloading will change too, since manual reloading is much better. Player speed was something I was split on tinkering, I didn't want the player to be as fast the Doomguy, but at the same time nerfing the speed below 1 feels slugish.

What I will work on is improving the current weapons, fixing the ammo, putting in new weapons, balancing those, and adding altfires to all or most of them. ACS controlled recoil is something I want to work on, but I have no experience with ACS.
niculinux

Post by niculinux »

Bitterman wrote:Now I understand the saturating amount gunz gunz gunz! wads out there, most just redundant and stale. Is this wad any different? I can't say for sure, since my opinion is most likely biased, but at least try out some time. This the first major gameplay wad I've released, and it's a first release at that. Why am I releasing it then? Well, before I start taking off with this wad, I want to see the opinion and suggestions of the community (you), so I'll be able to have a reference before starting on the funner and more creative parts of this mod (more varied guns (gunz!!!), ammo types, secondary fires, enemies, perks/abilities, and maybe a level set). So I hope you may enjoy, and feedback (suggestions and critique of course) is greatly appreciated. Now where are the screens? Not much I'm afraid.
Hey first of all, thanks!

Personally, I'd drop secondary ammos and perk system (there are a lots of mod bearing this). Instead i'd go for a "wepaon slot carrying system" where pplayer is restricted to caryy 3-4 weapons on a maxiumum fixed (12-13). It's not a common feature in doom mods. most of them are innuring us with 3.423.423.564... wepons, 100.000 perks and exp points and so on...
I think that denature sdoom gameplay. Moreover it 'd make the game more challengin' provided that a good balances has got to ben pursued. My 2 cents :wink:
Bitterman wrote: Extras: Build time was over the course of five days, a total of about 8-10 hours total. (Lots of spare time with summer break, being a pre-freshman and all.)
Nice!!!
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

Thanks for the reply, but honestly I haven't really been able to progress much with this wad. I don't know, maybe I'll pick it back up soon.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

download it, and let's see what else i can do about any flaws if i detect it.

EDIT: alright, seems decent but few flaws has been caught. and here it is;

first of, every weapon got a primitive reload scripts. and no wondering about magazine's amount is left. i hope they got a force reload command and showing a number of magazine's amounts.

second, again. every weapon has a another problem, the lights. everything but ak-47 or rpk didn't got any Bright command at firing frames.

third, again and again, every weapons are too much hald up. and that's how i fixed up for you, it's right here;
http://www.mediafire.com/?spkh3sh8h4aja9u

forth, sharing bullets and casings. 7.62mm rounds and .357 rounds are sharing one ammo together. and the clip and clipbox says; 9mm rounds. now that's pretty silly. also size casings from pistols or mangums are not really biggy at all. so i recommand add a more ammos, also more and lot's weapons if you can do it.

fifth, ak-47 or rpk needs a decent reloading sound though. because it uses banana shaped magazine, instead of drum magazines so that means it's not a heavy weaponry to plays hard 'n bulky weapon reloading sound.

so... this is it. without that, there's no flaws has been found. i hope those critic bullshits been helped a lot, so good luck!
Bitterman

Re: Armed Consequences: Reloaded!

Post by Bitterman »

Updated: Just a little teaser...
Spoiler: Not So Slick, Tough Guy
Yes esselfortium, I'm not going to publish your stuff.
ArielBoss

Re: Armed Consequences: Rebooted!

Post by ArielBoss »

Wow, looks good. Have you changed or added new guns and monsters?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

well, i hope that shotgun got a right aiming pose. not a classical middle.
Bitterman

Post by Bitterman »

Captain J wrote:well, i hope that shotgun got a right aiming pose. not a classical middle.
Well unfortunately, I scrapped all of my previous weapons and started again, so no more angled weapons (with one exception...). Thanks anyways though for fixing my other sprites, I guess it'll be useful for someone else.

Anyways, have another pointless-ish image!
Spoiler: Crappy recolored BFG sprite!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

oh well, i had pleasure to doing business with you anyway. BTW, doomnukem style red glowing bfg i see. and it seems more deadly.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”