Weapons of Saturn v2.0b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Weapons of Saturn v2.0b

Postby Nems » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:56 pm

I'm late but I wanted to let you know that making the shotgun pickups from sergeants give you 4 instead of 2 shells helped with the ammo concerns I was having previously. Huge thank you for doing that. <3
Nems
"small monster loops"

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Deon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Hello, thank you for the amazing mod.

May I reuse the knuckles/foot animation? I am making a small-ish RPG mod with a bunch of melee weapons, and a kick along with a sword would be extremely handy to push enemies back. Your version is smooth and amazing, so I wanted to ask if I can reuse it with a full credit?

Also, is that single-barrel shotgun a mod-owned sprite, or did you collaborate with some artists? I would like to find them to ask for permission as well since I love it a lot more than the standard toy shottie.
Deon

Postby Lippeth » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:16 pm

I really wish I had kept better track of what resources came from where when I worked on this. The shotgun is based on a combination of many sources. The base metal part is from John Romero's asset release from a few years ago, the zoomed model is by Batandy and Dreadus. The reload is a heavily edited version of very old sprites by SgtMarkIV, and I used old sprites from DoomNukem as a reference for some of the frames. The barrel with holes and flash are from Mike12.

You're free to use anything you'd like from this project for whatever you'd like. The sprite sheets I took resources from to make the shotgun were all released publicly to use if credited, with the exception of SgtMarkIV which I obtained written permission, so crediting should be enough. I didn't specifically collaborate with anyone, though adding the other authors to the credits that I used resources from would be appropriate.
Lippeth
Metalvangelist

Discord: Lippeth#2552

Postby Deon » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Thank you. I don't think my mod will be anything special, it's mostly RPG gameplay/guns I like so in the end I am doing it for myself in the first place, but if you let me reuse my favourite sprites and publish it, that's very kind of you, thank you.
Deon

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods