Weapons of Saturn

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Echelon5

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE February 11, 2015]

Post by Echelon5 »

Sounds pretty good, I'll definitely give it a try.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Echelon5 wrote:Sounds pretty good, I'll definitely give it a try.
Links added. Check the post again.
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

faslrn wrote:
  • Lippeth - For the whole mod including coding, sprites(?), and anything else I missed
  • Johnny - For grenades, sprites, sounds, and having an ape avatar
  • Sgt. Mark IV - Brutal DOOM sounds, sprites, and anything else I missed
  • saegiru - Ultimate DOOM Visor hud
  • Mom - For pushing me out. Also, happy mothers day
  • If I missed anyone else that has something in this mod, please tell me.
For the record I did all the sprite edits and animations for WoS. I used resources from other mods of course, but nothing went without a makeover.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Lippeth wrote:
faslrn wrote:
  • Lippeth - For the whole mod including coding, sprites(?), and anything else I missed
  • Johnny - For grenades, sprites, sounds, and having an ape avatar
  • Sgt. Mark IV - Brutal DOOM sounds, sprites, and anything else I missed
  • saegiru - Ultimate DOOM Visor hud
  • Mom - For pushing me out. Also, happy mothers day
  • If I missed anyone else that has something in this mod, please tell me.
For the record I did all the sprite edits and animations for WoS. I used resources from other mods of course, but nothing went without a makeover.
Ah, excellent to know. I'll update the credits.
clydenetwork123

Post by clydenetwork123 »

can I request weapons of Saturn first release download link
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

welcome to the zdoom forum, and you should request it at here instead, bumping the month~year old thread is unwelcome.

and just for being curious, why do you want the oldest and first version, anyway?
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

Good luck finding the first version, I tend to just update the main file. That might be bad practice but in my mind I was just improving on the same thing, not creating new versions. ModDB calls my second most recent update version 1.1.15, so kudos to TheUnbeholden for coming to that conclusion, I don't know the first thing about software versioning. There are outdated backups from that year on my hard drive, but unless someone else has the first WIP release from Jul 19, 2013, I'm afraid it doesn't exist.

I do plan to update this mod one more time, nothing major. After that it's unlikely that I'll ever work on it again because it now does everything that I could've hoped for it to do. I may gather all the rejected resources and make a 'Rejected Weapons of Saturn' pack with all of the weapons and features that I liked but scrapped including the 1911 and several old versions of the rocket launcher.
patrik

Post by patrik »

Sorry for this pointlessly sounding bump, but what was the last version that already got implemented alternate "grenade launcher" attack for rocket launcher but still used reloading by inserting separate rocket rounds?

Or if these features were never combined, than at least what was the last version with old reload system?
Lippeth

Post by Lippeth »

That one with the single shell reload was in a version from October 2013, and at that time it didn't launch grenades, but I do plan to add it to the new weapons pack, slightly revised with the sprites still unchanged.
DINOSAURS

Post by DINOSAURS »

Thanks for making this dude, I was looking for a nice vanilla style weapon mod.
clydenetwork123

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE August 25, 2014]

Grigori wrote:Solid weapon replacer. Did not expect it to be actually good, but still got pleasantly surprised. Only have one question. Why two pistols? What role are they trying to fill? IMO you should replace both of them with assault rife that you already have. I just can't imagine in what type of situation could they be useful. And I feel that every weapon should be useful. Even in later levels.
Can I have this link
clydenetwork123

The one with the original shotgun reload sound
Lippeth

Re: Weapons of Saturn [UPDATE August 09, 2015]

Post by Lippeth »

Updated. This should be the last one unless enough people dislike the changes. Thanks for all the support and feedback, everyone! I'll compile all the old versions I have into one zip folder sometime tomorrow.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

Chainsaw's new select animations are looking good and also useful.
Thanks for update, Lippeth.
Chronohunter45

Post by Chronohunter45 »

Greetings!

Longterm doomworld member here of 14+ years.

Been looking for a modern - yet classic - fullscreen hud for a while, and I love the work you've done.

I'm a modder myself, so I made a few changes for my taste, and would like to respectfully present the work to the original content creators.

CHANGES:
+Added XDeathFace to MugShot - used the jaguar sprites for the exploding face we dug up over at doomworld. Cleaned them up and made them transparency PNGs and I think they came out nicer than the ones found on PSX.
*Cleaned up small artifacts from when you moved the "health", "armor", and "ammo" labels to the corners, and restored them to center of their respective blocks (personal preference).
+Restored the percentile markers (just not classic without them, IMO).
-Removed BTSX style key indicators.
*Replaced key indicator blocks with monitor-styled key indicator blocks in the style of SFACE (MugShot in upper left block) with scanlines.
+Added original key indicators (overlayed by scanlines of course).
*Adjusted transparency to personal preference.
*Fixed compatibility with Zandronum. Strange bug. Zan won't run with parenthesis around ammo type. I.E. changed "drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT_DOOM, untranslated, ammo(Clip)" to "drawnumber 3, INDEXFONT_DOOM, untranslated, ammo Clip".

Enjoy!

http://www.**LINK_DISABLED**.org/download?file= ... an1_13.pk3

Return to “Gameplay Mods”